GB HOMEPAGE

Humor in the music for GK1 20th Anniversary Edition

Posted By: ergggo

Humor in the music for GK1 20th Anniversary Edition - 12/15/14 01:14 AM

I had a chuckle earlier today while playing Gabriel Knight Sins of the Father 20th Anniversary Edition. Without giving too much away:

Gabriel at one point is in a location
Click to reveal..
with several animals,
and I was concentrating on looking for clues, for items to pick up and just staying alive in general. Then the background score came to my attention...I recognized the song. It was slowed down, played in a minor key, with strings and bells for instrumentation. When I realized what song it was, I had to laugh...this was a great musical joke!

Did anyone else have this delayed realization of the song? Now I'm thinking there may be other areas of the game score that have recognizable origins that I've missed. Did the original game's score have the same song for this section? Thanks for the laugh, Mr. Holmes.

If anyone responds to this, please don't mention the name of the song...I wouldn't want the experience ruined for others.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Humor in the music for GK1 20th Anniversary Edition - 12/15/14 01:30 AM

I haven't played the game yet, but I will have to listen closely when I do. wave12
Posted By: venus

Re: Humor in the music for GK1 20th Anniversary Edition - 12/15/14 01:45 AM

Ergggo, yes the original also used that song. grin12 I was happy when I got to that room and heard it was also included in the remake. smile12
© 2024 GameBoomers Community