GB HOMEPAGE

Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/27/15 04:28 PM

Grim Fandango Remastered is now available on PC, PS4, Vita, Mac, and Linux on PSN, Steam, GOG, and Humble.

View the launch trailer here.

Check out the Official website here.

Check the screens here..

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/27/15 04:30 PM

And it's download day from GOG! I'm so excited.

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/27/15 04:31 PM

I already downloaded from Steam and have it running! happydance
Posted By: Marian

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/27/15 04:34 PM

Woohoo! woot
Posted By: Mad

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/27/15 05:27 PM

Wow !! Fabulous !! I'm off to get it dance

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre happydance
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/27/15 05:53 PM

happydance

Rusty Anchor here I come ...

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/27/15 05:56 PM

It's a beautiful thing! hearts
Posted By: venus

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/27/15 06:22 PM

I downloaded mine from GOG at 3 am this morning before I went to work, and it was waiting for me when I got home. happydance They've done a fantastic job with it. I love the decorative border on the sides. Makes it a lot more interesting than just looking at black bars. thumbsup The lighting, new characters and music are all fantastic.

I did run into one bug. It crashed on me right after the first year transition scene, right before the Rubacava chapter. I went back to test it again, and the same thing happened. Luckily, if I skip the scene, I can bypass the issue. So for now, I just save, watch the scene, then reload and skip it. lol It's a pain, and hopefully they'll be a patch for it later, but it's no big deal. Other than that, I'm loving it so far. praise

@Laura, I make sure to have Glottis sing that song every time I play. grin
Posted By: bigpsycho

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/27/15 10:16 PM

same as Venus ....started downloading it before i went to work ....hehe can't wait to go home and try it smile
Posted By: Melia

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/28/15 02:07 AM

Busy. Playing.....

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/28/15 02:22 AM

I hope you're all enjoying the game. wave

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/28/15 02:40 AM

I am!!!

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/28/15 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
I am!!!

Great! happydance12
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/28/15 03:35 AM

I'm loving it. Believe it or not,I'm finding it harder as a point and click game.
I've played the original a dozen times. Ok I'm off to find my old walkthrough.

PS....Venus What new characters are you talking about ?

Cathy penguin

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/28/15 04:25 AM

Hey Cathy, I had to go back and re-read my comment. lol I meant "new character models," but clearly my proofreading skills were lacking in that post. lol Really, I don't know whether they're actually new character models, or just polished versions of the old ones, but either way, they look great. There are no new characters. Sorry about the confusion. smile
Posted By: lynthorpe

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/28/15 11:56 AM

Playing now! Never finished the original...not a fan of those old tank controls. Hope I get further this time around. 3rd pp p&c is right up my street! Loving it so far. thumbsup
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/28/15 07:11 PM

I see from Cathy's post that the game is now 'point and click' driven. I was put off from buying this game as I recalled the original game to be more or less driven by the keyboard. Can a Boomer please confirm that it is now 'point and click' because, if it is I will go and by it. Thanks wave thumbsup

Bernie monky

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/28/15 07:13 PM

Yes, it is, that was part of the remaster. It's wonderful!

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/28/15 07:37 PM

Thanks very much Ana. Now off to buy it wave thumbsup

Bernie monky
Posted By: 123pazu

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/28/15 10:36 PM

I actually prefer the original keyboard control. It gives the game a bit more personality, directly controlling Manny while keeping tabs on his head direction for hotspots... And those extra icons are distracting to me...

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/28/15 11:12 PM

You can use the keyboard if you like, everyone can choose how they like to play.

Ana wave

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/30/15 04:20 PM

I'm doing the happy dance! Manny isn't "pinball machining" around and I can concentrate on the game, not which key to use. I especially like the inventory - it actually works!

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/30/15 04:23 PM

It's awesome Drac, what a great trip back in time. So much better with the new controls and I'm laughing my way through.

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/30/15 08:43 PM

I was cracking up at the the balloon dude with his off-color comments! If you don't pay attention to all the dialogue, you will miss some great stuff.
Posted By: Drmojo

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/30/15 09:36 PM

Hi

I just got Grim and it sure is a LOT better to play then the old one happydance

what is the diff between a Remastered and a remake??

Have a nice day Boomers~Doc

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/30/15 09:51 PM

Remastered usually means taking a game and converting it to a higher quality, whereas a remake means they may have changed the content while keeping the original in mind. That's the distinction as far as I can tell, anyway.

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/30/15 10:09 PM

I listened to every bit of dialogue! And that's a rarity for me!
Posted By: SolMan

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/30/15 10:46 PM

Love the original, but love this version better because of the ease of the controls.

Is it just me, but doesn't Eva the secretary sound just like Mona Lisa Vito, Marisa Tomei, in "My Cousin Vinny?"

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/31/15 06:55 AM

I alternated between the two controls schemes, using mostly point and click, as things seemed to run a lot more smoothly that way. However, there were certain things that I could only interact with using tank controls. Nothing essential for any puzzle solving, just extra dialogue that added flavor to the game. I only happened to know the objects were there because I've played the original so many times. grin I'm also really enjoying listening to all the commentary as I play. thumbsup
Posted By: Drmojo

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/31/15 07:38 AM

Thanks Marian smile

Ana I never listen to all the dialogue but I've been listening to almost all of this grin

Doc
Posted By: judith

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/31/15 07:01 PM

I remember a lot of people (myself included) having trouble running up the conveyor belt under the water. I wonder if that problem was addressed? If so, I probably will buy it even though I still have the dvd of the game.

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/31/15 11:47 PM

I had no problems judith.

Ana wave
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 01/31/15 11:52 PM

I am happy about this news and will be buying it in the near future from GOG, also happy it will work on Windows 8, just curious, a friend of mine still has XP and the Specs. from GOG and Steam both state that the Requirements are for Vista and Up, has anybody here tried or is using the Remastered version on XP? and if yes, does it work without a hitch?.

It also states that you need 4GB of RAM, has anybody tried this with say, 3 GB Rams or less?

Thanks
Ray

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/01/15 01:09 AM

The other question would be, "does the XP have enough video card." Someone down in Glitches was saying the video requirements are pretty hefty.
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/01/15 05:47 AM

Remastered version does not work on XP, I tried.
It seems that XP does not support OpenGL 3.3 that is required to run the game. And XP can't have 4 GB (unless you are on XP-64, which is very rare).
Posted By: sanford

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/01/15 06:03 AM

I bought that game as well from GOG, and it doesn't work on my WIN XP machine either. My fault because I hadn't read the specs before I purchased it. I contacted GOG Support, explained my problem, and they promptly gave me a store credit. They would have given me a full refund, but I preferred the credit instead. I then promptly purchased another game ("Supreme League Of Patriots") by using my store credit GOG is always really wonderful to do business with.
Sandy

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/01/15 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: judith
I remember a lot of people (myself included) having trouble running up the conveyor belt under the water. I wonder if that problem was addressed? If so, I probably will buy it even though I still have the dvd of the game.

That was a well known bug in the original version.
(I still have my original too, Judith grin]

But surely a "re-master" will have sorted it think

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/01/15 10:50 PM

It posed no problem for me Mad.

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/01/15 11:05 PM

Strange that the bug only showed up on some computers rolleyes

Maybe our resident Techies can tell us why laugh

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/02/15 05:12 AM

Thanks for the response for those of you who tried running the game on XP, much appreciated.

Just a little note re RAMs on a 32 bit machine, it will take 4GB rams but it will just recognize up to about 3.2 to 3.5 out of the 4.

Again thanks and if any others have tried it on XP, I would be anxious to here about it.

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/04/15 07:56 PM

Hi Ray, I was also guilty of purchasing this game and installing it on my XP computer. The game won't open but a message states "The Procedure Entry Point GetLocaleInfoEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll". I see others have the same problem, and message, after viewing various computer forums!

I intend upgrading to W 8.1 shortly and will download the game again when I do.

Bernie wave monky

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/04/15 10:58 PM

Hi Bernie thumbsup ,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated, with your answer combined with the answers from other members that pretty well says it all for XP, a good thing my friend wants me to upgrade his system to Windows 7, he was hesitant to do so for a long time hardwall but he is now convinced that it is time to move on.

Ray

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/05/15 05:58 AM

It's funny how games keep us game nuts moving on in technology, however reluctantly! I've upgraded more than one PC to keep up with new game requirements!

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/05/15 05:18 PM

Well, sometimes it's purely the cost of upgrading or replacing a computer that holds us back frown

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/05/15 06:04 PM

I know - I had to wait quite awhile to be able to do the upgrade for Witcher 2.
Posted By: ipad_Lover

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Out Now! - 02/08/15 01:39 PM

Quote:
It's funny how games keep us game nuts moving on in technology, however reluctantly! I've upgraded more than one PC to keep up with new game requirements!

Happened to me many times also - especially graphic cards.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community