GB HOMEPAGE

nancy drew games

Posted By: dougort

nancy drew games - 05/21/15 07:44 AM

hi out there
\is it just me or are the nancy drew games getting harder and harder---i mean some of the earlyer games you could solve the problems, but now you can`t...you have to get clews to what you are doing. if i didn`t have a walk-thru i could never solve these hard spots

doug the conserd one
Posted By: Rushes

Re: nancy drew games - 05/21/15 01:48 PM

I'm not sure about the most recent ones -- The Deadly Device was the last that I played -- but I found most, if not all, of the earlier games to have challenging puzzles that sent me scuttling to MaG's walkthrough for a furtive peep or two (or three). There are maybe only a couple of Nancys that I've played through without any help whatsoever. If they're harder now than what they were, then yikes! scared
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: nancy drew games - 05/21/15 02:25 PM

I always started out a ND with a pad of paper and pencil. They always required lots of note taking.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: nancy drew games - 05/21/15 04:54 PM

No I haven't found them any harder in general, though the one I thought was the easiest was also one of the earliest.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: nancy drew games - 05/21/15 05:02 PM

Are there any nancy drew games where you dont have to perform chores, like driving a car or picking vegetables?
Posted By: Marian

Re: nancy drew games - 05/21/15 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: CountZero
Are there any nancy drew games where you dont have to perform chores, like driving a car or picking vegetables?

Absolutely. Some examples would be Ghost of Thornton Hall, The Deadly Device, Sea of Darkness, and Tomb of the Lost Queen. There are others, as well.
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: nancy drew games - 05/21/15 05:52 PM

They are all too hard for me smile Probably not too hard for a ten year old!

Re: nancy drew games - 05/22/15 03:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Marian

Absolutely. Some examples would be Ghost of Thornton Hall, The Deadly Device, Sea of Darkness, and Tomb of the Lost Queen. There are others, as well.

Thanks Marian. This has been what has kept me from trying any more of these games. I will give those a try...

Re: nancy drew games - 05/25/15 04:05 PM

Let me know if you need more titles - there are plenty more that do not have driving and/or are heavily chore-based. smile

Re: nancy drew games - 06/28/15 04:43 PM

Marion, Thanks for recommendations on Nancy Drew. I am currently playing the Tomb of the Lost Queen and I am really enjoying it. I really like games where you get to interact with other characters, so this game is perfect for me....

Re: nancy drew games - 06/28/15 05:32 PM

I'm so happy to hear that. I really enjoy all the conversations with the characters too. You have a lot to look forward to. wave

Re: nancy drew games - 07/04/15 03:46 PM

Let me know if you need more titles - there are plenty more that do not have driving and/or are heavily chore-based. smile

Thanks Marian, if you have more recommendations I would love to hear them. Thanks so much....

Re: nancy drew games - 07/04/15 03:54 PM

Thanks Marian, if you have more recommendations I would love to hear them. Thanks so much....

Labyrinth of Lies, The Silent Spy, The Captive Curse, Shadow at the Water's Edge, Curse of Blackmoor Manor, The Haunted Carousel, Warnings at Waverly Academy, and Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon. That should keep you busy for a while. grin wave

Re: nancy drew games - 07/04/15 08:01 PM

Wow,How do you remember all that? I have a hard time remembering what game I played last week? wink thanks so much.... smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community