GB HOMEPAGE

Tale of the 4 dragons

Posted By: Judith M

Tale of the 4 dragons - 09/07/15 01:55 AM

Is this game available anywhere.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Tale of the 4 dragons - 09/07/15 02:09 AM

One site I checked said it was cancelled and the other said it was not released yet.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Tale of the 4 dragons - 09/07/15 03:40 AM

I sent the developer a message, she's a member. Hopefully she can answer.

Ana wave
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Tale of the 4 dragons - 09/07/15 06:34 AM

I asked about that game a month ago - the developers said that 'a new concept seems to be emerging' and there could be some progress made.
Luckily it is not cancelled!
Posted By: Pilaus

Re: Tale of the 4 dragons - 09/08/15 09:12 AM

This is correct, Agon - The Tale of the Four Dragons has not been cancelled, but postponed. This is because it seems unlikely that Private Moon Studios could generate the resources for implementing the traditional Agon concept in its full splendor, as originally planned.

However, some good news:

Experiments are being done to build the game with a new, different approach in the design, but without compromise on what is really important. It would be too early to talk about the details, there is still a lot to be done, as the team has been focusing on new FMV "Miazma or the Devil's Stone" during the past two years.

And another piece of good news wink :

As a relic of the first, traditional concept of Agon - The Tale of the Four Dragons, Private Moon Studios is planning to make the original, unpublished demo of the game available for download. Although it was not intended to be a final version (some fine-tuning was still planned), this demo will give you an idea about the original concept. It covers a full scene with great puzzles, English voice and subtitles.

I will come back with more info when available.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Tale of the 4 dragons - 09/08/15 10:47 AM

Thanks Pilaus. That is good news. Looking forward to more updates. wave
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Tale of the 4 dragons - 09/08/15 01:57 PM

Thanks, Pilaus!
And I hope you would not forget about English 'Miazma' as well!

Re: Tale of the 4 dragons - 09/08/15 03:27 PM

Thanks for stopping in to answer Pilaus! happydance

Ana wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Tale of the 4 dragons - 09/08/15 03:48 PM

Yes, thanks as we are all excited and patiently waiting for another Agon....
Posted By: Mad

Re: Tale of the 4 dragons - 09/08/15 04:37 PM

Sounds very promising, Pilaus !! Thank you thumbsup

Re: Agon - The Tale of the Four Dragons - 09/08/15 06:43 PM

As promised, here is the link to Agon - The Tale of the Four Dragons "relic" demo smile

Download Agon-5 demo from Private Moon Studios site

Important:
Please note this is not an official demo, not for distribution. It should be used "as is". No updates have been made for some time and it has not been optimized for more recent system configurations.

It is a kind of "raw" demo, for example character emotions were to be elaborated further, among other things. But it will give you a good idea about the original concept, including puzzles.

This scene is not where the game begins. We are in 1904, Peking, China. Following a clue, professor Hunt visits a young lady who is concubine of the emperor and lives in the Forbidden City, very well guarded...

Have fun smile

Re: Agon - The Tale of the Four Dragons - 09/08/15 07:01 PM

Thanks Pilaus!

Ana wave

Agon - The Tale of the Four Dragons - 09/14/15 02:25 PM

And here are some screenshots from the demo smile

AGON-5 demo screenshots

Re: Agon - The Tale of the Four Dragons - 09/14/15 02:47 PM

Looks awesome Pilaus!

Ana wave

Re: Agon - The Tale of the Four Dragons - 09/14/15 07:27 PM

Nice screenshots !! Thanks thumbsup
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Agon - The Tale of the Four Dragons - 09/16/15 03:15 AM

Fantastic Pilaus

It was so nice to hear that great voice of Mr Hunt again and the puzzles were great in the Demo. Especially liked the clock puzzle but all 3 were interesting.

While checking out Miazma, your next FMV game, I can't tell for sure but is that a different actor playing Jonathon Hunt? It looks like the Hungarian version of Miazma released in April 2015, will there be a release soon for other languages?

Re: AGON -Tale of the 4 dragons - 09/23/15 09:15 AM

Thanks GreyFuss smile

To tell the truth, this is not the same voice which you could hear in the previous episodes! Sadly, the original actor Peter Meikle died after The Lost Sword of Toledo was released. In this demo, the voice of the professor is by British voice actor Howard Ellison. His voice is very similar and he did a fantastic job.

But there was no change in the role of Jonathan Hunt. Simply, the actor László Görög was much younger, as the original shooting had been exactly a decade ago.
Miazma was designed for easy localization. Private Moon Studios is currently trying to find the resources to release a full English version.
Posted By: ProfZM

Re: AGON -Tale of the 4 dragons - 02/29/20 01:04 AM

Has there been any news on the game's development since the making of this thread's last entry? These posts are the most recent information I've been able to find.

Re: AGON -Tale of the 4 dragons - 02/29/20 01:24 AM

welcome to GameBoomers ProfZM! I spoke to Pilaus in June of 2019 and she let me know the game is not being produced. The story may continue but not in the form of a game.

Ana wave
Posted By: ergggo

Re: AGON -Tale of the 4 dragons - 02/29/20 02:36 PM

Sorry to hear that the game is not being produced. The demo had a compelling story, great graphics and a few nice puzzles, and was of a high quality similar to that of Lost Sword of Toledo. One would think that with a demo of such high quality someone would be willing to back another game in the AGON series. Kudos to the artists, programmers and game designers who created the demo...I feel lucky to have played it.

Thanks for the update, Ana.

Re: AGON -Tale of the 4 dragons - 02/29/20 05:45 PM

If you can find a publisher willing to fund it ergggo it could become a reality!

Re: AGON -Tale of the 4 dragons - 02/29/20 10:18 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

A shame that it isn't being produced anymore, I just recently got the games back on Steam after remembering how I enjoyed them so much.

If its an issue of funding though, couldn't Private Moon simply turn to Kickstarter or some other similar service? Granted, I can see how that scenario might be an uphill battle, given the relative obscurity of the franchise.

Re: AGON -Tale of the 4 dragons - 02/29/20 10:32 PM

Personally speaking, I'm sick of Kickstarter. Too much money spent for nothing but excuses makes me a resentful person. I have lots of games I contributed to that the developers disappeared. I won't contribute anymore unless it's someone I personally am friends with and I don't care if I ever see the game.

Re: AGON -Tale of the 4 dragons - 02/29/20 11:13 PM

Good points.

Re: AGON -Tale of the 4 dragons - 03/01/20 12:12 AM

I, too, have become disillusioned with Kickstarters.
Every man and his dog jumped on the band wagon at one time but then in some cases never came up with the goods.
I am extremely picky now about who I'm prepared to support with my hard earned cash mad

Re: AGON -Tale of the 4 dragons - 03/02/20 01:45 AM

I'd taken a look at the demo when it first came out, but today was the first time I'd played it in years. I completely forgot how much of an upgrade their character models had gotten, not to mention that the graphics looked a little bit sharper all around.

I have to agree with ergggo. With such a high quality proof of concept, its surprising that the project didn't attract a publisher to back it.

Kind of weird too that Microids was willing help put the franchise on Steam (along with Yoomurjak and Miazma) but didn't invest in future entries.
Posted By: Hristovski

Re: AGON -Tale of the 4 dragons - 02/15/21 12:53 AM

No news even after one year?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Tale of the 4 dragons - 02/15/21 02:07 AM

welcome to GameBoomers, Hristovski.

I don't know what the status of this game is, but hopefully someone else will know.

Re: Tale of the 4 dragons - 02/15/21 02:26 AM

As I posted earlier in the thread, it is no longer being produced. The developer has been working on creating tabletop board games and children's books.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: AGON -Tale of the 4 dragons - 02/18/21 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pilaus
This is correct, Agon - The Tale of the Four Dragons has not been cancelled, but postponed. This is because it seems unlikely that Private Moon Studios could generate the resources for implementing the traditional Agon concept in its full splendor, as originally planned.

However, some good news:

Experiments are being done to build the game with a new, different approach in the design, but without compromise on what is really important. It would be too early to talk about the details, there is still a lot to be done, as the team has been focusing on new FMV "Miazma or the Devil's Stone" during the past two years.

And another piece of good news wink :

As a relic of the first, traditional concept of Agon - The Tale of the Four Dragons, Private Moon Studios is planning to make the original, unpublished demo of the game available for download. Although it was not intended to be a final version (some fine-tuning was still planned), this demo will give you an idea about the original concept. It covers a full scene with great puzzles, English voice and subtitles.

I will come back with more info when available.

You've had quite an update to the graphics. I look forward to the upcoming game.
I don't know what's coming, but it has to be better than the past appearance, which itself was amazing.
Posted By: Jenny100

AGON - Tale of the Four Dragons - 02/18/21 11:55 PM

I don't seem to be able to post in the AGON Four Dragons thread anymore.

I was disappointed that the thread no longer seemed active.

Maybe something has to be done to activate it.

AGON Four Dragons was quite a good game and it's important to know if it's going to be republished. Hopefully soon.
Posted By: Marian

Re: AGON - Tale of the Four Dragons - 02/19/21 12:01 AM

Hi Jenny, I moved your post over to the AGON thread. When I tried to merge it with this thread, I was able to do so.

Re: AGON - Tale of the Four Dragons - 02/19/21 12:21 AM

Jenny, there are no games being developed at the moment from them. Pilaus' comment was from 2015. In 2017 they stated they quit.

Ana wave
Posted By: Ghylard

Re: AGON - Tale of the Four Dragons - 02/25/21 10:18 AM

It probably doesn't mean anything but when we consult the Private Moon page dedicated to this game, we see that it should be published in... 2021.
Did Microïds finally decide to publish it, pushing the developer to finalize the development ?

Re: AGON - Tale of the Four Dragons - 02/25/21 01:58 PM

welcome to GameBoomers Ghylard.

I spoke to the developer a few days ago, this is what he said "Private Moon Studios is not working on a computer game at the moment. The game designer Pierrot has been active in board game development recently. Still, Agon 5 remains a story to be told in some way 🙂"

Ana

Re: AGON - Tale of the Four Dragons - 12/15/21 06:54 PM

Update: the date on the Private Moon webpage has been changed to 2011, and the info text has been clarified to show that they are talking about the demo.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community