GB HOMEPAGE

Road to Syberia 3 Video Released

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/23/15 02:35 PM

Check out the Road to Syberia 3 video here.

View the screenshots here.

Quote:
Paris - September 22, 2015
Gamers visiting the exhibition entitled "Art in Video Games – the French Inspiration" in Paris from 25 September 2015 to 6 March 2016 will get an insight into the sketches and illustrations that were used to create the "Syberia" saga and "Amerzone". The exposition is fully localized in English.

Boasting over 800 works (sketches, watercolours, paintings and sculptures), the Art Ludique museum is staging the world's first major exhibition to showcase Art in Video Games. The exhibition will give amateurs and fans alike chance to discover a wealth of art from a wide variety of backgrounds, which have been arranged into seven different themes, including "Drawing towns and cities" and "An open invitation for a journey". These two themes are perfectly symbolised in the artwork by Benoit Sokal, artistic director for "Amerzone" and the "Syberia" series, both of which represent major titles in publisher Microïds' adventure games catalogue. Many of the original works that served as blueprints for these games will be on show throughout the circuit designed by Jean-Jacques and Diane Launier, the museum's President and Managing Director respectively.

In an era when design and pre-production are predominantly computerised, Benoit Sokal breaks the mould by continuing to use conventional pencil sketches and watercolours to breathe life into his gaming worlds, places and characters, as well as certain gameplay mechanics. The rich artistic value inherent in his works, especially for the "Syberia" saga, can be credited to his ability to consistently create real-life worlds with a twist by injecting an element of mystery and fantasy, as well as the ubiquitous mechanical objects characterising the steampunk trend.

Benoit Sokal gave his thoughts on the exhibition: "The way in which video games are perceived is changing in people's minds. The Art Ludique museum has always showed its imaginative streak by focusing the spotlight on the masterpieces of popular culture, and this exhibition is no exception by exclusively paying tribute to the people that design video game worlds. It gives me an immense feeling of pride to see some of the artwork that was instrumental in masterminding the "Syberia" series, both past and future, displayed in the company of other leading video games titles produced in France."

Benoit Sokal is once again working closely alongside Microïds in creating "Syberia 3", a new instalment in the adventures of Kate Walker, which the series' extremely active and enthusiastic community of gamers has been demanding for over 10 years. The game is slated for release in autumn 2016 on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Mac platforms.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/23/15 03:03 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/23/15 03:12 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/23/15 09:25 PM

That was awesome. thanks Ana
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/23/15 10:22 PM

Now Im going to have to replay the first two smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/24/15 02:54 AM

Me too CountZero! I have them both downloaded ready to go!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/24/15 10:16 AM

That's Ana. Now I am excited about the game! bravo wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/24/15 01:38 PM

So looking forward to this game!!
Posted By: anne2

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/24/15 04:10 PM

Nicely done video, thanks Ana wave
Posted By: judith

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/24/15 05:42 PM

Every time a new game in a series comes out, I always replay the others first. I love the Syberia games & can't wait for this one.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/24/15 05:49 PM

Most of the video seems to be excerpts from the first two games, not the current game being worked on.
I'll be surprised if this is finished in 2016, but we'll see.

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/24/15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Most of the video seems to be excerpts from the first two games, not the current game being worked on.

That is why it's called "the Road to Syberia 3".

Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/24/15 11:28 PM

I did replay the first two only last year so I don't think I'll need to do that again .... if the 2016 release date comes good grin
Posted By: venus

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/26/15 02:05 PM

Thanks, Ana. So many fantastic new games to look forward to! If it makes it out next year, I'll definitely pick it up. thumbsup
Posted By: Cari

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/26/15 06:36 PM

So many false dawns promised for Syberia 3 I’ll believe it I when get my hands on it. Hopefully.

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/26/15 07:26 PM

I have no idea what you are referring to Cari. They are not late in producing the game. People may have wanted it years ago, but it wasn't promised to us.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/26/15 07:31 PM

I know i sure have missed the Kate Walker character. She is one of my favorites.
Posted By: Melia

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/26/15 07:40 PM

The videos made me want to replay the games. Beautiful. Think they'll play on the more current PC's?

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/26/15 08:07 PM

The first screenshot teasers of "Syberia III" were released in 2014, with a promised release date of 2015.
The first screenshot teasers of "Syberia III" were released in 2014, with a promised release date of 2015 across PC, Xbox and PS4 consoles, as well as for iOS and Android. However, there has been neither news nor updates on "Syberia III" and development of the game has not been reported officially online (or elsewhere).
Since it is still early in the year, 2015 release date for "Syberia III" doesn't seem impossible. However, with the rate of information being released, "Syberia III" will likely come out by 2016

This is what I was referring to Anna.I seem to remember Syberia III was first promised as far back as 2010--5 years ago.Keeping my fingers crossed.
Posted By: Terri824

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/26/15 08:25 PM

This brought back so many good memories, really enjoyed the video. Thanks Ana. I know Syberia 3 is going to be wonderful, can't wait for it's release. penguin

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/26/15 10:47 PM

The official release date per Microids is 2016.
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/27/15 04:02 AM

Thanks, Ana. How can anybody watch that video and not be compelled to replay those first two games. This will give me a chance to try out the GOG versions that I got for $2.99 each in one of their recent seasonal mega-sales. I just got the first one installed last night, working perfectly so far.

Originally Posted By: Melia
Think they'll play on the more current PC's?

Like I said above, I've got the first one up and running on my Windows 7 64 bit computer. I see no reason why the second one shouldn't work also. GOG says they both will work on Windows 7, 8, and 10.

I have replayed the original disk versions of both games several times on this computer, although I think I used a NoCD hack for both of them. Not sure if it was necessary, or just for convenience. If anybody needs those NoCD files, I think I still have them.
Posted By: RichAlexis

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/27/15 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I'll be surprised if this is finished in 2016, but we'll see.
It's not for nothing that these are called 'teasers'. This is one huuuuge tease .. wink

It's mostly 3D-animated static artwork, that is the by now familiar screenshots, until Kate gets to do what her name tells us she's pretty good at!

I was wondering if the shaky handheld Gamescon 2015 shots of the live orchestra performance include more relevant footage. It's quite vague:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeclH-AGzB4

Quote:
Mein Gott, où avez-vous donc volé ça, Miss Walker?!
My God, where did you steal this then, Miss Walker?! - Steiner, the Jewish jeweler asked ...

We'd be dying to to know! yes

Rich
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/28/15 12:24 AM

Most excellent. I will be patient waiting for III...uh huh yes I will...
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/28/15 12:31 AM

I found this video on you tube. It has real footage of Syberia 3. Just check out the middle screen. Syberia 3

Cathy
Posted By: jimrh69

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/28/15 02:34 AM

Awesome!! Thank you for that wonderful find. smile
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/28/15 02:42 AM

Your Welcome Jim. I'm anxiously waiting for this one. I have 1 and 2.

Cathy dance
Posted By: marie

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/28/15 05:20 PM

Syberia 3, have been on my Wish List for some time so I'm delighted with the video and their progress on the game.

Thanks, Ana
Posted By: Lagavulin

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 09/28/15 05:43 PM

praise bravo thumbsup

Wow breathtaking, as mentioned before I' ll be replaying both, Syberia and Syberia II
before I'll get "sucked" in to the third chapter. Thanks for the update flowers

Cheers sherlock
Posted By: Terri824

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/10/16 07:34 PM

Yep, makes one want to play the other two. I have three copies of each and will d/load them today. This is my favorite series and the second was as enjoyable as the first. (great story line, graphics and music) I love it! My favorite games!
I can hardly wait for Syberia 3, I'm so ready.
Terri joy
Posted By: GBC

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/12/16 02:18 PM

I am so waiting for this game. So hard to wait. joy In the meantime I've played 1 and 2 again.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/12/16 05:51 PM

Thanks for the video link, Cathy1 thumbsup
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/12/16 06:00 PM

penguin patiently waiting!!
Posted By: TLC

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/12/16 07:02 PM

Just watched the video. I CAN'T wait. joy
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/12/16 08:01 PM

happydance
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/13/16 02:22 AM

I just finished replaying both Syberias for the umpteenth time. I am always amazed by the sheer beauty of those games. I too will wait with bated breath for the next one.

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/15/16 04:34 PM

Syberia set the bar higher, I haven’t played any game since that has came close.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/24/16 06:52 AM

Hi Fellow Boomers,
Now that I'm waiting for Syberia 3, I just took Syberia 1 and 2 off my dusty shelf, and I'm playing #1 again, also for the "umpteenth time", by the way, Haze. Happy Gaming, Syberia fans.
Sandy

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/24/16 02:24 PM

Have fun Sandy! Such great games!

Ana wave
Posted By: sanford

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/25/16 04:42 AM

Thanks Ana. I just finished #1, and I'm now installing #2. I hope we don't have to wait too long for #3. Happy Gaming
Sandy

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/25/16 04:51 AM

I hope so too Sandy!

Ana wave
Posted By: venus

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/25/16 05:01 AM

I just finished playing Syberia 2 recently, but I should play it again in honor of the blizzard we just had here. I have new found respect for Kate Walker and her capacity to withstand the cold after only a few minutes of standing in the snow and gusting wind. I'm sad to say, I think I would have been like Oscar in that situation. "I'll stay here, you go do the stuff." lol
Posted By: TLC

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/26/16 02:46 AM

I can't wait for this game and neither can my grandson, he loved the first 2 (especially the 2nd one) and was excited to hear, another one is coming. joy
Posted By: Taintedfury

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/30/16 03:21 PM

Hi

Ana wave

Would that be the US Autumn?

Jenny

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/30/16 04:36 PM

I would say yes, Jenny. Towards the end of this year.

Ana wave
Posted By: Taintedfury

Re: Road to Syberia 3 Video Released - 01/31/16 03:50 AM

Okay thank you :), i will be looking forward to that..

Jenny
© 2024 GameBoomers Community