GB HOMEPAGE

Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/08/15 05:10 PM

View the trailer here.

Check out the Kickstarter here.

Vote for Demetrios - The BIG cynical adventure to get Greenlit here.

View the screenshots here.

Quote:
October 7th, 2015 - Saint Etienne, France

Indie French developer COWCAT today announced a first trailer as well as campaigns for their first video game : "Demetrios - The BIG cynical adventure".

Inspired by classics such as the Broken Sword and Runaway series, this new Point & Click adventure has a distinct use of cynical humor. Featuring high definition (1080p) handcrafted art, it offers varied puzzles, for beginners and experts alike, and a high level of interactivity.

Watch the Demetrios debut trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NeLunbsfL4

The game puts you in the shoes of Bjorn Thonen, an antique seller being robbed one night after coming back home drunk. Doing his own investigation with the help of Sandra, his next-door neighbor, he ends up involved in a mysterious and murky affair. But these two unlikely heroes may be able to surpass themselves and discover ancient secrets!

Seeking to raise 2 500€, the Kickstarter campaign is already 44% funded in just one day!

Rewards for backing Demetrios range from a digital copy of the game or a physical DVD, to becoming a character in the game or associate producer. The money raised will go towards finalizing the game development, including audio, animation and such.

Support Demetrios on Kickstarter : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/983902887/467222784?token=79ece79f

The Steam Greenlight campaign aims at making the game available to the popular digital store.

Vote for Demetrios on Steam Greenlight : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=502785332

Demetrios is aimed for a release on PC (Windows/Mac/Linux) in Early 2016 .

Stretch goals for console ports (Playstation 4, Playstation Vita, Xbox One) are part of the Kickstarter campaign.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/08/15 05:14 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/08/15 05:17 PM

thanks for all the links Ana. smile
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/08/15 07:50 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: Cocoa

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/08/15 08:02 PM

Thanks Ana.. going to back this one!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/09/15 10:20 AM

Thanks Ana. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/09/15 02:13 PM

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre wave
Posted By: COWCAT

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/10/15 08:51 AM

Cocoa, thank you very much! smile

Oh and don't forget that we're discussing the game in this other topic : http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthre...BIG#Post1017938

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/10/15 03:15 PM

Cowcat, we usually stick to one current thread on so we can discuss in this latest one for now. That way other games have a chance to be seen too. hearts

I am glad the KS is doing well!

Ana wave

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/12/15 02:26 PM

OK! Kickstarter 69% funded now smile

Though I could really use some more votes on Greenlight...

If you haven't already, and would like to see my game on Steam someday : please vote!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=502785332

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/12/15 03:32 PM

Voted!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/12/15 04:06 PM

Voted
Posted By: connie

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/12/15 06:30 PM

Voted

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/13/15 01:07 PM

Thank you very much for the help! smile Every vote counts now!

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/17/15 09:38 AM

90% funded now! Will some of you help Demetrios reach its goal? smile

I have posted an article on the creation of a room in the game! Read it in the updates :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/983902887/demetrios/posts/1381518

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/17/15 03:29 PM

WooHoo! 90% with all those days left is great!

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/17/15 07:38 PM

And with that comes another good news!

Charles Cecil (I think everyone here knows him, right? :p) said this to me today about my game : "The game looks really fun and very impressive, particularly since you are working on it alone! Let me wish you the very best of luck!"

How cool is that?! And I also had a chat with Dave Gilbert (Wadjet Eye Games) today, who said he'll check out my game demo soon!

I'm truly amazed to be able to reach awesome adventure game creators like them! smile

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/19/15 08:22 PM

Congrats on making your goal! Hope it continues to climb!

Ana yay

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/22/15 02:28 PM

I didn't share the news here?

Demetrios has reached its funding goal! smile There are stretch goals for Spanish and German translations!

I'm also continuing my articles on the creation of a room in the game, check the updates on the Kickstarter!

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/30/15 09:18 PM

Good news, Demetrios got greenlit today and thus will be available on Steam! smile (with achievements, cards and probably support for saves into the cloud).

The Steam version will be an option of course, there will also be a DRM Free version available.

There are still 7 days left to support the Kickstarter!

The Spanish translation stretch goal has been reached, the next ones are the German translation (3 500 €) and the PS Vita version (5 000 €) which unexpectedly was the most requested console version!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/983902887/demetrios

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 10/31/15 12:12 AM

Yay! Congrats!

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 11/04/15 07:28 PM

Only 48 hours left to support Demetrios on Kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/983902887/demetrios

I've shared a new screenshot from the game in my latest update smile Oh and the German translation stretch goal has been reached too! Can we reach the PS Vita port before the end?

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 12/24/15 10:07 AM

Hey everyone :)

I know I've been lazy on the communication side lately, but that's because I'm 100% focused on the development!

I've finished developing Chapter 5 of the game so about 80% of the game can now be played, and I've started work on Chapter 6 (the last chapter).

The game will have a lengthy ending with choices and alternate dialogs, which I expect to be memorable!

Two early testers have already gone through the first four chapters, and they've really enjoyed it! This also confirmed that the game should have the length I've targeted (between 8 and 12 hours on a first run - unless you keep using the in-game help, obviously)

For more details, I've just posted an update on the Kickstarter :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/983902887/demetrios/posts/1452287

Happy holidays! :)

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 12/24/15 04:50 PM

Very nice Cowcat! Happy Holidays to you too!

Ana wave12
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 12/24/15 05:23 PM

Thanks for the update

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 02/19/16 02:07 PM

Hey, everyone!

The development of Demetrios is in the last stages, so I expect to release the game in a few months. smile

Lake Kubilius, one of the few early testers of the game has finished Demetrios! He really enjoyed the game and wrote a quick review of it!

Quote:
Having recently finished an alpha build of the game, I can say with confidence that this is something new and wonderful!

Fans of point and click adventures will be delighted to see some fresh blood in the genre, with fantastically risky writing and art choices coming together for fun effect.

The game is driven by a ridiculous sense of humor that defies classification. Many of the best elements of the "Leisure Suit Larry" games are reborn here, excepting that most of the stuff that put off female gamers has been replaced with stuff that would feel more at home in "South Park."

Amusing mini-games are sprinkled throughout, including an optional hunt for cookies in every scene. Searching for cookies is especially fun, and finding them yields more jokes. The cookies also serve as the currency exchanged for game hints, which is a wickedly clever design choice. (If you carefully search every scene for cookies, you should need fewer hints. If you only need a few hints, and the game gives you those hints in exchange for cookies, no one gets mad and ruins the fun with a walkthrough. )

The story is fun, but almost incidental. The real treat is wandering around as these ridiculous characters, doing ridiculous things.

This game was a good time.

The part about it being "something new" really pleases me, because that was my intention - offering the adventure gamers something different, a game like no other that you'll definitely want to try smile

I've posted an update on Kickstarter with more information on what has been done and what's left, check it here!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/983902887/demetrios/posts/1495679

Among many other things, I've added cutscenes, achievements, cookies and extras smile

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 02/19/16 03:49 PM

THanks, Cowcat! Looking good!

Ana wave

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 03/17/16 08:04 PM

Finally, Demetrios has cover art! Check out this Kickstarter update for the picture!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/983902887/demetrios/posts/1521827

I wanted something pretty that would convey the tone of the game. What do you think?

So, the release of the game is getting closer.

I'm planning to release Demetrios at the end of May! I'll give a precise release date soon smile

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 03/17/16 09:19 PM

I like it!

Ana wave

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 04/03/16 10:06 AM

Do you sometimes do previews of upcoming adventure games?
If yes, I could send a preview version to your staff smile

I'm preparing the Steam page, once I have a trailer available I'll put it online smile

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 04/03/16 02:12 PM

Cowcat, I am the PR person for GameBoomers. Please email it to me. We do First Looks. If you have a DRM free version that would be awesome, otherwise a STeam Key will do.

Ana wave

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 04/19/16 09:45 AM

Thanks for the preview smile

The game will release on May 31th, and the Steam page is up!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/451570

Any chance you might announce the release date on the site (it's still listed as just "2016" in the upcoming releases page), and post the trailer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B54EFBAa1T4

A complete press kit is here : http://www.demetriosgame.com/en/presskit/

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer - 04/19/16 02:58 PM

Cowcat, if you send me the updates via the email you sent me the preview, I will be happy to post your news. AS I stated earlier, I am the PR liaison for GameBoomers. When you post it yourself, it's already done and my posting is redundant. I'm trying to help! lol

I started a new thread here.

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community