GB HOMEPAGE

Just finished Unwritten Tales!

Posted By: nolalou

Just finished Unwritten Tales! - 02/13/16 06:07 PM

I just (finally) finished Unwritten Tales. Very good game, though I admit I didn't enjoy playing the last part twice.
My favorite character to play was Wilbur.

I plan to play the 2nd one at some point, but I'd like to play something else in between. Any recommendations for a detective/mystery game? I've played some of the Sherlock Holmes games, though it's been a while, and to be honest I can't remember which ones!

Thanks,
Louis
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Just finished Unwritten Tales! - 02/13/16 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: nolalou
I plan to play the 2nd one at some point, but I'd like to play something else in between. Any recommendations for a detective/mystery game? I've played some of the Sherlock Holmes games, though it's been a while, and to be honest I can't remember which ones!

You can check screenshots to see which Sherlock games look familiar.

Other fairly recent detective/mystery games I can think of are
The Raven
ABC Murders (just released)
Memento Mori 1/2 -- has supernatural elements
Some of the Wadjet Eye games (though most are futuristic)

(link to Wadjet Eye removed until we confirm that Norton's detection of malware on the site is a false alarm)

Posted By: Marian

Re: Just finished Unwritten Tales! - 02/13/16 06:19 PM

Quite a few people here on GameBoomers enjoyed Contradiction: Spot the Liar; you can check it out here. It's a detective mystery with full-motion video. wave
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Just finished Unwritten Tales! - 02/13/16 07:54 PM

thanks for the link Marian. smile
Posted By: MaG

Re: Just finished Unwritten Tales! - 02/13/16 10:56 PM

Questions about the wadjet eye link was moved to Glitches forum.
Posted By: nolalou

Re: Just finished Unwritten Tales! - 02/14/16 10:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I played The Raven right before Unwritten Tales, and liked it a lot.
I found Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper for $9.95 on Steam so I decided to try that. Just started but so far so good.
It's also the 1st game I've tried on Steam.

Louis
Posted By: SCOTTY

Re: Just finished Unwritten Tales! - 02/15/16 01:44 AM

STEAM IS WONDERFUL!! Never had any trouble with Steam. BOUT 1&2 have turned out to be 2 of my favorite games. Right up there with THE LOST CROWN, LONGEST JOURNEY & SYBERIA.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Just finished Unwritten Tales! - 02/15/16 05:34 AM

Originally Posted By: nolalou
Thanks for the suggestions. I played The Raven right before Unwritten Tales, and liked it a lot.
I found Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper for $9.95 on Steam so I decided to try that. Just started but so far so good.
It's also the 1st game I've tried on Steam.

Louis

That is the best Sherlock Holmes game, in my opinion. Good choice...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community