GB HOMEPAGE

Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 04/19/16 03:01 PM

Demetrios will be released May 31st!

Check out the trailer here.

Check out our First Look here.

Quote:
Demetrios is a quirky point and click adventure game inspired by classics like Broken Sword, packed with tons of humor!

Bjorn Thonen, a slob of an antique dealer living in Paris, is robbed one night after coming home drunk. Forced to conduct his own investigation with the help of his neighbor Sandra, he ends up involved in a murky, mysterious affair. Will these unlikely heroes be able to rise up and discover ancient secrets?

The game offers situations and puzzles for beginners and experts alike, with a high degree of interactivity. Explore ridiculous item combinations, just to see what happens!

Demetrios features Full HD, hand-painted visuals and animated characters in first person view, similar to visual novels. You might encounter a little pinch of Discworld (some of the humor), Gabriel Knight (comic cutscenes, characters heads/dialogs), Phoenix Wright (first person view investigation)...

A long, varied, standalone adventure (8 to 12 hours of gameplay)
Over 15,000 lines of dialog, filled with laughs!
Hand drawn art in Full HD
High level of interactivity. Characters react to your actions!
Fun mini-games throughout the story
Search for hidden cookies on every screen for optional puzzle hints!
Compatible with gamepads, for relaxed, television viewing!

Release date : May 31st, 2016
Platforms : PC (Windows / Mac / Linux), PS Vita (late 2016)
Distribution :
Digital : DRM-Free on this site, Steam, GOG (if accepted)
Physical : A limited box DVD version is available for pre-order
Supported languages : English, French, Spanish, German, Italian

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 04/19/16 03:32 PM

Thanks, Ana. Just to clarify the release date - it says May 16th, but on the game description on the bottom it says May 31st? wave

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 04/19/16 03:48 PM

Maybe I shouldn't be posting until I feel better. rotfl Thanks, Marian. Fixed! hearts

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 04/19/16 04:13 PM

I know the feeling. grin hearts
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 04/20/16 01:56 AM

thanks Ana
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 04/20/16 09:40 AM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 04/20/16 07:45 PM

Will definitely be going for this one .... the DRM Free version !!

Looks like a really enjoyable Adventure thumbsup

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre happydance
Posted By: COWCAT

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 07/13/16 04:01 PM

Just received the Kickstarter DVDs! laugh
https://twitter.com/DemetriosCowcat/status/737670971201626112

I'm currently preparing the packages to send to backers. There are still 24 DVD units left to order on the site if you want one!
http://www.demetriosgame.com/en/order/

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 07/13/16 04:57 PM

That's great Cowcat!

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 07/13/16 06:24 PM

Thanks for letting us know. wave

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 08/07/17 08:11 AM

Just for your information... Demetrios has released this week on the PS4 and Xbox One consoles smile

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/g...EMETRIOS0000000

Now I can focus on my next project, a very ambitious and unique adventure game!

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 08/07/17 02:11 PM

Thanks for letting us know. wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 08/07/17 03:02 PM

This is great news, Cowcat... I know you've been working hard on those releases. Looking forward to your next game!

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 08/08/17 08:58 AM

Thanks! smile It will take a few years to make this new game, I'll keep you informed!

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 11/05/17 11:17 AM

And so, after PC and consoles... Demetrios is now available on mobile! laugh

The game has been adapted for small screens and touch controls. It's available as a one-time purchase on iOS for $5. For Android, the game spans on 6 chapters ($1 each)

**First chapter is FREE on Android!**

iOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/demetrios/id1295749833?mt=8

Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cowcat.DemetriosCh1

If you haven't played the game yet, now may be a good occasion smile

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 11/05/17 03:49 PM

Congrats Cowcat!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 11/05/17 04:02 PM

This is great news, Cowcat!

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 11/05/17 04:46 PM

Very nice! bravo

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 11/06/17 07:40 PM

Thank you ^^

If you try it, don't hesitate to give it a rating, that helps smile

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 12/04/18 04:49 PM

Hey everyone! Long time no update here smile

Demetrios has been released on Nintendo Switch yesterday! (a demo is available on the e-shop)

It will also be getting a very limited physical release on PS4 and PS Vita through a new French publisher, pre-orders are currently open : https://www.redartgames.com/

Finally, I've been working on an ambitious and unique new adventure game "Project Brok" for two years. I've finally completed most of the programming, scenario and dialog (more than 15,000 lines already!) so I'm now focusing on the art. Still a ton of work ahead so I expect a release in 2020.

Hopefully I can reveal the game within the next 6 months though! In the meantime, I will do some dev streams on Twitch very soon, so you'll get a first look! Believe me, it's one whole league above Demetrios (especially when it comes to characters) and it has never-before-seen gameplay for an adventure game!

I'm most active on Twitter, so be sure to follow me there if you aren't already!
https://twitter.com/COWCATGames

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 12/04/18 08:28 PM

Thanks for all of the news! Sounds good. wave
Posted By: Fireflower

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" Release Date and Trailer - 12/10/18 07:46 PM

Sounds good smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community