AdventureShop

Posted By: Chuck M

AdventureShop - 04/20/16 09:28 PM

Hi Marian...do you know what happened to Adventureshop.com...thanks chuck
Posted By: Marian

Re: AdventureShop - 04/20/16 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck M
Hi Marian...do you know what happened to Adventureshop.com...thanks chuck

It's my understanding that AdventureShop closed down (I believe this happened quite a while ago). wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: AdventureShop - 04/20/16 09:46 PM

It used to be if you went to
https://us-adventureshop.gamesplanet.com
you'd get something that looked like ***this site*** (web archive link)

Now you get forwarded to
http://us-games.nexway.com/home.html
which appears to be another game-selling site.

It "looks" kind of like the Nexway site might have bought out AdventureShop, but maybe they just bought the expired domain in order to direct traffic to their own website. I can't find any information one way or the other.
I doubt they are honoring past purchases that were made from AdventureShop.

They've connected to AdventureShop site at least since last year, where Robert Gray reported being confused by it in ***this thread***.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: AdventureShop - 04/20/16 10:06 PM

They didn't pay the developers and then closed down. frown

Re:AdventureShop - 04/20/16 11:38 PM

Hi...thanks to all you guys for info...I lost a lot of games with this action..thanks again, Chuck

Re: AdventureShop - 04/21/16 12:36 AM

You may still have your games, I would write Nexway and see if they are honoring the purchased games from the Adventure Shop.

Re: AdventureShop - 04/21/16 05:39 PM

Hi BrownEyedTigre...thanks for info..will do..lost at least 40 games..chuck ....I would think this would hurt other companies having Download games for purchase...I have many games with four others...would think twice on buying..chuck

Re: AdventureShop - 04/21/16 10:09 PM

Places like STeam are profitable and growing and I can't imagine losing my games. GoG and other DRM-free is also safer because you can backup your games, if you have room to do so.

I hope you can retrieve your games.

Ana wave

Re: AdventureShop - 04/22/16 05:55 PM

Hi Brown Eyes...good news..Contacted Nexway Customer Care...if get my list of games will send links and activation keys...will let know if all good..thanks, Chuck
Posted By: Mad

Re: AdventureShop - 04/22/16 07:08 PM

Wow !! BrownEyedTigre !! You certainly gave good advice !! bravo

And good luck with your games, Chuck M thumbsup

Re: oldmariner's First Look at A Little Less Desperation - 04/22/16 07:51 PM

That is awesome Chuck! joy
Posted By: Marian

Re: AdventureShop - 04/22/16 08:13 PM

I am sure glad you aren't going to lose your games, Chuck. Thanks for letting us know. wave

Re: AdventureShop - 04/23/16 05:15 PM

Hi all...not too good of news...Nexway says only able to recover 3 of my 30 games...sent keys for the three so should ..be able to recover these. Others might recover a few games by e-mailing Nexway Customer Care..thanks to all..chuck
Nexway customercare Metaboli_en@nexway.com(giving me download links)....says Website closed..don't have access to the whole database
they had..chuck

Re:AdventureShop - 04/23/16 06:03 PM

So they are only giving you the ones they have themselves? At least they are kind enough to do that. Sorry you couldn't get them all.
Posted By: Mad

Re: AdventureShop - 04/23/16 06:29 PM

Oh, that's a blow, after thinking you had the chance of more frown

But I suppose SOME is better than NONE yes

Re: AdventureShop - 04/23/16 07:31 PM

Hi all...thanks for your comments..will let know if I get these 3 games..chuck
Posted By: MaG

Re: AdventureShop - 04/23/16 08:49 PM

The other holder of the games at TAS was Metaboli. Not sure if that site is okay though.
Posted By: Timotek

Re: AdventureShop - 05/09/19 05:18 AM

Just finished chatting with Nexway. The Adventure Shop games are gone. No way to recover them.

Re: AdventureShop - 05/09/19 11:50 AM

welcome to GameBoomers Timotek, it's been down for three years now, as you can see from previous posts in this thread.
Posted By: Timotek

Re: AdventureShop - 05/10/19 05:16 AM

BrownEyedTigre - Thanks. The Adventure Shop was run by GamesPlanet for a while and then by Nexway. Somewhere in transit the game info was lost. Very sloppy on their part and they missed out on some sales.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community