GB HOMEPAGE

Kentucky Route Zero Act IV is released

Posted By: ergggo

Kentucky Route Zero Act IV is released - 07/20/16 01:50 AM

Kentucky Route Zero Act IV was just released. Though I haven't downloaded it yet, I'm looking forward to continuing this unique and atmospheric game. More info and an "observational trailer" can be found *here*
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Kentucky Route Zero Act IV is released - 07/20/16 02:33 AM

Thanks, ergggo.

Ana wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Kentucky Route Zero Act IV is released - 07/20/16 05:48 PM

This game has always intrigued me but when I look at the videos I get put off. Three minutes of next to nothing happening?? I never realized it was a 5 episode game either.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Kentucky Route Zero Act IV is released - 07/20/16 08:38 PM

thanks erggo
Posted By: ergggo

Re: Kentucky Route Zero Act IV is released - 07/21/16 01:54 AM

oldbroad, it's not a game that everyone will like. The dialogue is entirely in text and much of the game takes place at night, and the graphics are pretty stylized. That being said, I like those things about the game. Combined with the way they creatively use perspective, light & shadows and camera angles, the meandering dialogue and a nice layer of background sound effects, this game feels very immersive to me, which I wouldn't have expected given the graphic style.

I don't remember such a long stint of nothing happening during the game as shown in the observational trailer...you can usually explore the area you're in.

The KRZ website has a free, short download: "Limits and Demonstrations" which is very similar in look and game-play to KRZ, in case you want to get more of a taste for the game... *here*.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Kentucky Route Zero Act IV is released - 07/21/16 04:51 AM

Thanks ergggo for the additional information and link. It is still on my "maybe" list.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community