GB HOMEPAGE

Two games that I bought from GOG are free?

Posted By: mbday630

Two games that I bought from GOG are free? - 12/06/16 06:01 PM

I received 2 emails from GOG saying that 2 of the games that I bought previously, I bought again and they are free. this is puzzling. Has anyone else gotten emails from GOG that any of the games that they had already purchased are sending again as free?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Two games that I bought from GOG are free? - 12/06/16 06:08 PM

They do that periodically. I've received a few emails saying they are offering certain games for free for a limited time.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Two games that I bought from GOG are free? - 12/06/16 09:03 PM

I TOO, received an e-mail from GOG, today. It stated that I have a new free game in my "Library" called "Broken Sword-Director's Cut". sure enough it's there, so I downloaded it and I'm playing it now. I DID play the original boxed version years ago, but this one is much "prettier", so i'm enjoying the story again.
Sandy
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Two games that I bought from GOG are free? - 12/06/16 10:22 PM

If it says OST after the name of the game in the email, it only means they've added a downloadable soundtrack to your previously purchased game's download extras.

OST = an abbreviation for Original/Official Sound Track

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OST
Posted By: Marian

Re: Two games that I bought from GOG are free? - 12/07/16 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: mbday630
I received 2 emails from GOG saying that 2 of the games that I bought previously, I bought again and they are free. this is puzzling. Has anyone else gotten emails from GOG that any of the games that they had already purchased are sending again as free?

This happened to me too, and I was also puzzled. I had decided that it was a system glitch. The two games they emailed me about have been in my Purchase History for months. wave12
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Two games that I bought from GOG are free? - 12/07/16 01:22 AM

These are the two I got today...

Quote:
BROKEN SWORD: DIRECTOR'S CUT - OST Free
DISCOUNT – BROKEN SWORD: DIRECTOR'S CUT - OST $ 0.00
Order total: $ 0.00

BROKEN SWORD 4: THE ANGEL OF DEATH - OST Free
DISCOUNT – BROKEN SWORD 4 OST $ 0.00
Order total: $ 0.00

These were OSTs -- Original Sound Tracks

Not the games, which I bought over 2 years ago.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Two games that I bought from GOG are free? - 12/07/16 01:35 AM

Thanks, Jenny - that's what my emails say. I just didn't look closely enough.

Glad the mystery is cleared up. smile12
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Two games that I bought from GOG are free? - 12/07/16 02:48 AM

Same here as what Jenny100 posted. I too was confused and thought maybe I received emails that should have went to somebody else. I looked all over GOG trying to see where they even showed these as a free item and trying to find anything that said sound track but didn't find anything.

Thanks.

Re: Two games that I bought from GOG are free? - 12/07/16 04:45 AM

I thought you originally meant when they offer a game for free that they used to charge for. I see what you are talking about now.
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: Two games that I bought from GOG are free? - 12/07/16 06:16 AM

Happened to me too!?!?!?! strange, they gave me 2 games I already had for free, at first I thought it was a phishing scene! Crazy think insane sherlock

Re: Two games that I bought from GOG are free? - 12/07/16 04:02 PM

LaBelle, read above and note that they are not free games, but soundtracks to the games.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community