GB HOMEPAGE

The book Of Unwitten Tales

Posted By: Bluto

The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/09/17 04:16 PM

Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me if the book of unwritten tales is a download
Only from a small disk that can be purchased from Ebay.
I am not to keen about downloading from the internet
If downloading the game from a small disk provided by
Ebay is the only option to get the game I would rather get the
game from a GB member if they have it

thank you

bluto
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/09/17 05:16 PM

Your description is confusing because you mention "downloading" from a disc. You can copy files from a disc or install from a disc but you "download" from the Internet. Also what do you mean by a "small" disk. I'm not aware of any PC games distributed on mini CD
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_CD

Is there a particular eBay auction you're looking at?

There was a version of the first Book of Unwritten Tales game from around 2009 that was a physical release. I don't know about Book of Unwritten Tales 2. Mobygames only mentions a German physical release of Book 2.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/book-of-unwritten-tales-2/cover-art

The trouble with a lot of current "physical" releases is that they're little more than a Steam code in a box and the game either needs Steam activation or an entire download from Steam. Beware of pictures on eBay that are just "representations" and not the actual thing being sold.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/09/17 05:24 PM

I believe The Book of Unwritten Tales is only available as a download from Steam, GOG, King Art and a couple of other outlets.

http://bout1.unwritten-tales.com/

I originally bought the game on a disk. You may be able to find the disc version for sale on places like Ebay etc. If you are looking for a disk game for sale, you should post in the Gameboomers Trading Post forum. If you find a disk game for sale, you wouldn't have to download it, just install it from the disk.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/09/17 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
If you find a disk game for sale, you wouldn't have to download it, just install it from the disk.

If it's an older disc, yes. But if it's a modern one, it may only include a Steam downloader and not the game. You need to find someone with that particular version and check whether it actually contains the game or not.
Posted By: MaG

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/09/17 05:28 PM

Thanks Jenny and Draclvr.

I will move this thread to Discussion forum.

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/09/17 05:29 PM

I was checking for a friend last fall and the only disks I could find were used original disks with the full game. Otherwise the game could only be purchased through download only. But it's definitely best to be sure a disk contains the actual game and not just a Steam downloader key.
Posted By: Mad

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/09/17 06:46 PM

I saw an original CD version on Ebay USA and two on Ebay UK. So there are still some around yes

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/09/17 07:30 PM

Hi Jenny

I believe you are right I will probably have to go to the GB trading
post to find the original game if there is still 1 available.
Thanks for all the info

Bluto

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/09/17 08:48 PM

If no one here has it for sale, Mad said she found one for sale at Ebay just above your post.
Posted By: mrbill

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/09/17 09:18 PM

Hi Bluto,

I just checked and both one and two are available on DVD from Amazon.com. They also sell them as downloads. I have all three Book of Unwritten Tales adventures on DVD. That includes Critter Chronicles.

Mr. Bill

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/10/17 06:12 AM

Bluto, I asked the question at Amazon and got several answers saying this was the full game on DVD, not a Steam key DVD.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/10/17 03:24 PM

Thanks so much Drac!

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/11/17 03:52 AM

They are definitely not steam based DVDs. I would be very unhappy if they were and I've played both.

Cheers,

Mr. Bill

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/11/17 04:11 PM

Hi Draclvr

Do you know of any of the Game Boomer who might have the the older
Original disk game for trade or sale.

Thank You

Bluto
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/11/17 04:14 PM

Bluto, you have that posted in Trading Post. Please keep this forum for game discussions only.

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/11/17 10:49 PM

The Original is still available for $19.99 at Amazon.com (all 3 are).

Bill

Re: The book Of Unwitten Tales - 01/12/17 03:15 AM

As mrbill says, the ones available at Amazon are the original disks. I asked the question there and that is what the seller said. It's well worth the price!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community