GB HOMEPAGE

Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/08/17 05:51 PM

Benoit Sokal’s new masterpiece will be released on April 20th in Europe and April 25th in North America on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC/Mac.

Check out the trailer here.

Check out the new screens here.

Quote:
Paris, 8 February 2017 – Microids unveils the first trailer of Syberia 3 and its release date, scheduled to launch on April 20 in Europe and April 25 in North America on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC/Mac. “After years of expectations, we are glad to offer to our fans a first overview of the universe imagined by Benoit Sokal and set to music by Inon Zur. This first trailer will transport them in Kate Walker’s new adventure, they will learn more about her fellow companions and the obstacles they are going to face.” declares Elliot Grassiano, Vice-President of Microids

The story begins when Kate is found left for dead on a shore by the Youkol tribe, a nomadic people caring for their snow ostriches during migration. Trapped, prisoners in the city of Valsembor, they will have to find together a way to continue their journey in a chase against their enemies and unexpected challenges. While at the same time, Kate’s past is catching up with her…

Impersonating Kate Walker, players will benefit from a brand new way to freely explore striking landscapes and circumvent their mysteries and puzzles to allow Kate to progress in her journey.

Syberia 3 will be available on April 20 in Europe and April 25 in North America on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC/Mac. It will be fully dubbed in English, French, Russian, Polish and German with subtitles in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Czech, Korean, simplified and traditional Chinese. The original soundtrack is composed by Inon Zur (Fallout 4, Dragon Age, Prince of Persia), who has already scored Syberia 2. The game is rated PEGI 12.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/08/17 06:29 PM

Thanks very much for the news, Ana. Not too long to wait now. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/08/17 07:09 PM

Thank you BrownEyed Tigre thumbsup
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/08/17 07:41 PM

I just saw this announcement on Facebook. April 25th! Finally! I can't wait! joy
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/08/17 09:47 PM

thanks Ana bravo
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/08/17 10:27 PM

Hi, Ana!

Thanks for the link to the trailer (marking April 25 on my calendar). Was it my imagination (or perhaps just wishful thinking), but did we catch a brief glimpse of Oscar opening a door?

Susan
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/08/17 10:34 PM

Thanks Ana. I still don.t think this game is point and click.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Susie07
Hi, Ana!

Thanks for the link to the trailer (marking April 25 on my calendar). Was it my imagination (or perhaps just wishful thinking), but did we catch a brief glimpse of Oscar opening a door?

Susan

I saw him too! (I think?) think
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Cathy1
Thanks Ana. I still don't think this game is point and click.

I think you're right.
It's probably optimized for gamepad.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 02:44 AM

Hi, Penny!

Oh goody happydance ! Let's hope we weren't hallucinating. What a joy it would be to have Oscar back!

Susan

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 03:03 AM

Hi Susie! I am positive that I saw Oscar. In fact I will watch the trailer again and get back to you! wave
I just watched it again and that certainly looked like Oscar opening a door. It was really quick. Although in the beginning of the trailer Kate states that she is getting jumbled memories. Maybe he's just a memory? Well, we will have to wait until April to find out!
Isn't it funny (OK, weird?) how attached we become to animated characters? LOL
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 03:30 AM

Someone needs to tell Amazon they have it listed as available in December. And only online code. I don't like this new trend of no disc version.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 04:26 AM

Will the game be released on disk? I hope so.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 05:12 AM

There is a Collectors Edition for PreOrder in England Here. There may be one here at some point.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
There is a Collectors Edition for PreOrder in England Here. There may be one here at some point.

And a standard edition as well. Hopefully the United States will be offered a disk version, too. wave

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 07:01 AM

That sucks. My hands shake so much now. I don't own any of the consoles that it will be on. I have a pc capable of playing it,but no gamepad to hook up to it.
I may be sad about this.

Cathy cry
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 08:54 AM

I agree with you Cathy1, that sucks, if it isn't a Point and Click then count me out.
But I would not be surprised if at the very least you will be able to use your Keyboard like some of the other games did i.e.: the Use of the WASD keys for movement and other keys for other Actions, but still a no go for me, like you, my hand and eye coordination is not what it used to be.

And of course, they had to increase it to high end 3D and realistic movements which means my puny laptop will not be able to play it.

Oh well C'est la Vie or translated in English, move out old people, make way for the younger generation gammers.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 12:05 PM

Exciting news! I just hope my computer specs will be able to play it!

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 03:28 PM

Please note that the boxed version require Steam.

Ana wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 04:20 PM

Thanks Ana, I'm terrible with using anything but the mouse. I sure hope it will offer point and click. Been looking forward to this game for a long time.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 05:01 PM

Please note that the boxed version require Steam.

Ana wave

Thanks for that info, BrownEyedTigre yes

Is it safe to presume then that any release of this game for PC will require Steam ??

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 05:39 PM

Mad, aren't most of the Microids releases STeam? I thought they were, at least for a while after release.

Still waiting on a response from Microids on the gameplay.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 05:52 PM

Mad, aren't most of the Microids releases STeam?

Subject 13 and Dracula 4/5 were available DRM-free around the time of their release.
It might be a few months before this one is available DRM-free though.

Originally Posted By: Cathy1
My hands shake so much now. I don't own any of the consoles that it will be on. I have a pc capable of playing it,but no gamepad to hook up to it.
I may be sad about this.

You can probably find a gamepad for $20 or less.
*** Here are some at Amazon ***
But being able to actually use one is another issue, since it's mainly controlled with your thumbs.
We don't yet know what Syberia 3 will use for gameplay.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 07:08 PM

Collector's Edition:

http://www.cyprusgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/20161209102057_syberia_3_collectors_edition_pc.jpeg

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 10:19 PM

Thanks BrownEyedTigre and Jenny100 ....

I will wait - and hope for non-steam release laugh

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 11:24 PM

Hi, Penny!

I also watched the trailer twice and definitely saw Oscar. I really hope it wasn't just Kate having a flashback because I actually cried when he sacrificed himself.

It is funny (or weird) how we become attached to animated characters, but that shows you how talented the writers and developers are because they make us care. I also loved Youki and am wondering if he joins Kate in Syberia 3.

Susan

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/09/17 11:28 PM

She carries his heart as a pendant around her neck so she can rebuild him at any time!

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/10/17 12:59 AM

Hi, Ana!

I don't remember that, but it gives me hope that Kate wasn't just hallucinating wink !

Susan

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/10/17 01:46 AM

What is "steam"? think

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/10/17 04:22 AM

Steam is a great place to get games at but you need to have their program installed to download. It's free though.

Steam Store

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/10/17 04:45 AM

Steam is a great place to get games at but you need to have their program installed to download. It's free though.

Steam Store

Thanks Ana! wave
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/10/17 12:58 PM

Those interested in the Collectors Edition, there is a YouTube Video of it showing the unboxing. Its in Russian but you get to see all the items inside but what I didn't see was any Disk or disks as I thought all three games were supposed to be included.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eZUDn_B8tM
Posted By: UruKat

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/10/17 05:13 PM

The trailer looks amazing.....SO looking forward to this! I don't think that is Oscar opening the door though, if you pause the video at that point, it just looks like it might be an automaton. But it would be great to see him again. joy2

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/12/17 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: UruKat
The trailer looks amazing.....SO looking forward to this! I don't think that is Oscar opening the door though, if you pause the video at that point, it just looks like it might be an automaton. But it would be great to see him again. joy2

I think you're right. It doesn't really look like Oscar. Wishful thinking I guess. sad

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/13/17 12:38 AM

I didn't see any disks either Greyfuss. Maybe you have to download the games from Steam. It could be different in the American version of the collectors edition. I'm just guessing here.

Cathy wave
Posted By: plswdth

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/27/17 08:09 PM

For those that prefer a physical copy over download in the US, Amazon has a newly listed "Deluxe" Day One edition on DVD for PC/Mac, which for $49.99 also includes Syberia 1 and 2! Well worth the $10 extra compared to the download for me. smile

Amazon listing:
https://www.amazon.com/Syberia-3-PC-Deluxe/dp/B06WWRR72F/

Cover image:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81wjVFY-jyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/27/17 08:48 PM

Thanks Plswdth that is neat but I am curious if this DVD set will still need Steam to play or if Steam is even involved with this game. Anyone know? I am guessing that if the download is Steam that this disk set might be one of those that even though you have a disk, you still have to use Steam to play. If this is the case I might just opt for a Online Steam purchase so the game is automatically upgraded.
Posted By: rmelone

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/28/17 09:40 PM

I just pre-ordered the deluxe edition from Amazon.

If you are a prime member you can get a $10 discount - I'm not sure how long this lasts.

Robert

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 02/28/17 09:47 PM

In addition to my curiosity mentioned above...it doesn't show Windows 10 in the Platform list and also doesn't mention whether Syberia 1 & 2 are enhanced in any way. So many questions.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/01/17 02:44 AM

I noticed that too! I hope it will play on windows 10.
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/01/17 04:42 AM

Can't Wait!!!! bravo
Posted By: connie

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/01/17 01:54 PM

Just pre-ordered the Deluxe edition with my Prime account. happydance
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/01/17 03:31 PM

Minimum system requirements at the systemrequirements website say the following. This game is going to require a somewhat hefty stand alone video card, so if you have integrated video, it probably won't play for you.

CPU:Pentium or AMD Athlon X4 - SSE2 instruction set support
RAM:6 GB RAM
GPU:AMD R7 260X - Nvidia GTX 550 Ti 2go
DX:Version 9.0c
Store:40 GB available space

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/01/17 05:34 PM

I used the site, "Can You Run It" to see if my laptop will run Syberia 3 and it says it will, but I have heard that it is not always accurate. I don't want to buy the game if I can't play it, so I was wondering if there is a demo that I can download to see if it runs?

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/01/17 05:43 PM

There is no demo and I can't recall any Microids games that have demos. If I'm wrong, I'm sure I will be quickly corrected. lol

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/01/17 07:27 PM

Thanks , I had a feeling that was the case. What happens if you buy a game and then your computer won't play it, I guess there are no refunds, right? I can play the other Syberia games fine and I have also completed the entire Dreamfall, so I hope it will run on my laptop. I barely meet the requirement of the game.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/01/17 07:43 PM

The first two Syberia games and also Dreamfall were released many, many years ago, so the system requirements are going to be a lot higher now. Technology has changed a great deal since then.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/01/17 07:55 PM

Wow! Store:40 GB available space its a big-un.

Still no word on if its going to be Steam?

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/01/17 08:27 PM

Sorry to say, Microids is not answering my emails regarding point and click and Steam. In my past experiences, they answer swiftly if it's good news, but not at all if it they think it will be perceived negatively. I will write them again, but I do not expect an answer.

Ana wave

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/01/17 08:45 PM

Thanks Sheriff

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/01/17 09:28 PM

UruKat, what video card does your laptop have?

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/02/17 12:49 PM

Sorry to say, Microids is not answering my emails regarding point and click and Steam. In my past experiences, they answer swiftly if it's good news, but not at all if it they think it will be perceived negatively. I will write them again, but I do not expect an answer.

Ana wave

That's pretty ridiculous, I must say !! rolleyes

But thank you for letting us know, BrownEyedTigre yes
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/02/17 03:38 PM

Thanks for trying Ana. Pretty rude I must say.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/02/17 04:21 PM

That is standard for most of the larger companies. It's not just them.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/02/17 04:29 PM

I have Intel HD Graphics 620, up to 2110 MB Dynamic Video Memory.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/02/17 04:34 PM

That is standard for most of the larger companies. It's not just them.

Doesn't make it right, though crazy

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/02/17 04:46 PM

I know Mad, but you can usually tell the answer isn't going to be what you want to hear. lol

Also, can we please discuss specs and if the game will run in Glitches please and thank you?

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/02/17 04:54 PM

I was thinking that too, Ana. UruKat, this is a very good question to ask down in Glitches. And make sure to mention that "can you run it" says you can even though your integrated video does not meet minimum requirements.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/02/17 04:55 PM

thanks

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/03/17 04:31 PM

"I know Mad, but you can usually tell the answer isn't going to be what you want to hear. lol"

Too True !! shocked

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/03/17 09:37 PM

Please, please, PLEASE post questions regarding getting games to run and other computer related questions in Glitches. It is a hassle to move them. We have an awesome team in Glitches that can answer your questions.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/06/17 06:28 PM

FYI, someone on Steam said the game uses Denuvo. Not verified although they say the proof is on the store page. I am not sure where on the store page to find that info.

Ana wave

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/06/17 06:37 PM

FYI, someone on Steam said the game uses Denuvo. Not verified although they say the proof is on the store page. I am not sure where on the store page to find that info.

It's on http://store.steampowered.com/app/464340/
to the right of where the price is listed
in a greenish/brownish box.
Quote:
Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: Denuvo Anti-tamper

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/06/17 06:57 PM

Ahhhhh! I see it now, thanks Jenny! My guess is it will be on the retail version as well.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/06/17 11:27 PM

I hate to sound ill informed (I haven't bought too many PC games lately) but exactly what or how does 'Denuvo' impact, if anything, the installation or running of the game?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/06/17 11:48 PM

Robert, for me, it has no impact, but for those opposed to DRM, they may not want to install it. It has no bearing on the game other than protect it from you duplicating it and giving it to someone else.

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/06/17 11:56 PM

Thanks for the information. I guess a game with DRM can still be installed on more than one PC - is that right?

Robert

Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer - 03/07/17 12:36 AM

Gameboomers is not the place to ask about current types of DRM like Denuvo.
If you want to know why people complain about it, check YouTube videos like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nC2t_8cFRg

Or you can find other videos and discussions by Googling the phrase:

Denuvo complaints

You have to decide for yourself whether you think the complaints are valid or are something that would bother you. Read the different opinions and make up your own mind.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community