GB HOMEPAGE

Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish

Posted By: Marian

Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 07/31/17 02:21 PM

You can download Leaves: The Journey here.

You can read our GameBoomers review, written by flotsam, here.

Quote:
Leaves: The Journey is an artistic exploration and puzzle-adventure game full of real sculptures in a surreal dreamscape. Collect and combine information and solve a huge variety of challenging puzzles and mini games.

Your sudden arrival on the high plateau of the Stony Mountains caused quite the commotion among the Treefruities. They even forget to hold onto the leaves of their home tree causing a great calamity when a gust of wind scattered the leaves across the lands of Mononino. Help the Treefruities get their lost leaves back and enjoy this amazing journey. Explore the fantastic land of Mononino where strange creatures and secrets are waiting to be discovered.

Artistic and thoughtful puzzle design
In the tradition of Samorost and Machinarium
Challenging puzzles and unique mini games
Explore four vast worlds
Composers Gary Marlowe and Daniel Hoffknecht

Happy gaming! wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 07/31/17 04:15 PM

OMG! I can't believe they have this on BF! What a fantastic game! I loved this game and immediately bought part two. They are on Steam as a bundle here.

Ana wave

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 07/31/17 04:56 PM

Thanks, Ana. And thank you for the recommendation! wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 07/31/17 08:10 PM

Thanks, Marian and BrownEyedTigre smile
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 07/31/17 10:19 PM

Just picked this one up and enjoying every puzzle filled moment!
I got a little cocky breezing through the tasks, and of course I am now stumped.
Taking a small breather to clear my head before returning to this great little game.
Jeanne

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 07/31/17 10:36 PM

I'm so glad you are enjoying it, Jeanne. It was a very nice surprise to see it show up on Big Fish today. wave
Posted By: Reenie

Has anyone played "Leaves" yet? - 08/02/17 06:29 PM

It is supposed to be sort of like "Machinarium," which I loved at the beginning, until it threw arcade stuff at me just after the Trial Game period, and I had to bail on it. (The stress of timed/jumping stuff gives me angina.)

I'd love to hear from anyone who has played this new game and can let us know more about its content. happydance
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 08/02/17 07:43 PM

http://www.gameboomers.com/reviews/Ll/LeavesTheJourmey/LeavesTheJourney.htm

It's been reviewed here Reenie. And Ana really loved it. It was discussed on the adventure board.

Don't forget to put your name in for the new coupon code giveaway. Maybe you'll get lucky this time.

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 08/02/17 07:55 PM

Reenie, I merged your post about Leaves to our Adventure Game Discussions. It was reviewed on GameBoomers as an adventure game rather than a casual game, hence the move. wave
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 08/02/17 08:14 PM

Thanks, Marian. I didn't realize Leaves was a solid "Adventure" game, since I saw it offered on BF. It sounds fun, being all puzzles.

My major concern is whether it might have timed/arcade elements in it. Should I consider that as having been answered by the Review not mentioning that it did? Like I said, I had to bail on Machinarium because of this issue and don't want it to happen again. Can anyone answer that for me directly? It sure would help.

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 08/02/17 08:39 PM

I don't see anyone on the Big Fish forum mentioning timed/arcade elements, so I would be surprised if there were any, as people tend to complain loudly and long if there are such things. I would also think that the review would have mentioned it.

But Ana will be able to tell you for sure. wave

Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 08/02/17 09:00 PM

I grabbed it as soon as I heard about it. Just got out of a month of playing Prey 2017, a FPS, and needed a complete change. It is every bit as wonderful as people say. It's easy to get overconfident.. I've gotten stuck several times already! Nothing timed so far - just good old tricky puzzles.

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 08/03/17 12:44 AM

All brain power! It's a wonderful journey!

Ana wave
Posted By: JKEerie

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 08/10/17 05:26 AM

Drac reminded me of this game on Big Fish and I downloaded and just played and played. What a fun and cute game! I loved the ending!

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 08/10/17 06:33 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed it! wave

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 08/10/17 02:48 PM

Don't forget there is a part 2 called Leaves: The Return on Steam. Hopefully it will be released on BF too!
Posted By: JKEerie

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 08/10/17 04:28 PM

I'm waiting for that, Ana!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 08/10/17 05:56 PM

I'm going ahead and getting the sequel on Steam. The first game at Big Fish did not have the update that fixed a glitch early in the game. I could not get the foot puzzle to work. At the Steam forums, it seems if you do the flashing lights puzzle first, the foot puzzle doesn't work. So I had to start a new game. The Steam version already had the update applied according to the developer.

Re: Leaves: The Journey - New Puzzle-Adventure Game on Big Fish - 08/10/17 07:05 PM

You won't be disappointed Drac! I really wish there were more of these kinds of games released. I really enjoy them.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community