GB HOMEPAGE

Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 08/12/17 10:40 PM

Xing: The Land Beyond is releasing on September 21st, 2017.

View the new trailer here.

Read the blog update here.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 08/13/17 12:51 AM

Thank you very much for the news, Ana. wave
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 08/13/17 02:56 AM

Thanks you for the great news Sheriff, its been a long wait. You can still Pre-Order the game from their Web page as a Humble-Bundle for $15usd which includes a DRM Free Windows Download plus a Steam Key. I just did. http://www.xingthegame.com/pre-order.html

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 08/13/17 03:48 AM

It has been a long wait, indeed Greyfuss! I was happy to see it's finally coming out!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 08/13/17 05:05 AM

Thanks for that news, BrownEyedTigre. Have pre-ordered thumbsup
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/05/17 09:32 AM

This- http://store.steampowered.com/app/299400/XING_The_Land_Beyond/ looks very interesting indeed. Specs are quite high and no price as yet. Myst type game and if it's anything like Obduction will be saving my game money for the next two weeks!! broccoli

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/05/17 06:20 PM

Upsydaisy...see my Post with Link above.

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/16/17 05:30 PM

The release date has been extended three days to the 21st.
Posted By: RNL

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/16/17 07:00 PM

Thanks for the update on the release date. I have been along with a lot of others been waiting since the kickstarter days so another three days is okay. I have pre-ordered for the PC but have been thinking of getting another for the VR experience on the PS4 as well, once I get the funds for the VR unit anyway lol.

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/18/17 08:10 AM

Some of the Kickstarter games I've pledged for are still a VERY long way from reaching anywhere near release - so I'm quite happy to hear about a wait that's only being extended by a further three days !! laugh
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/19/17 04:21 AM

Mad, but that was not nearly the first of the extension!

The game used to be planned for the release in October 2013, then in June 2014, then in November 2014, then in Spring 2016, then in Fall 2016, and then finally on September 18, 2017.

We can only hope that was the last change of the date smile

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/19/17 10:26 AM

Yes, I know there has been a long wait. But I'm hoping this three day notice will be IT !! yes

And after all, this is not the only funded project that has gone on and on and on and not yet been released crazy

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/19/17 03:31 PM

Agreed Mad! And I can name quite a few I supported that I know will never be completed! I don't mind if I know they are still working on it, but the ones that feel it was ok to just take the money and not work on it at all disgust me.

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/19/17 09:54 PM

Yes. So dishonest shame

And also there are the ones who describe the game they intend to make and have a successful fundraising to make it.
But two/three years later and with nothing anywhere near ready for release, they announce that they have decided to take the game down a different path !! eek

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/19/17 11:07 PM

That doesn't sit well with me either!

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/22/17 12:06 AM

For those interested, I have downloaded the game, both the DRM Free from Humble Bundle and have redeemed my Steam Key from...well...Steam. Haven't started play yet but wanted to let everyone know.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/22/17 12:24 AM

I hope you enjoy the game, GreyFuss. wave
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/22/17 05:48 AM

Does this game require keyboard control?

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/22/17 07:41 AM

Just got my email from "Humble" so will be downloading and burning to disk very shortly dance dance dance

[If I remember correctly, Uncle Reg, the controls are a keyboard/mouse combination.]

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/22/17 01:23 PM

All you need to do is program your mouse (if you have a programmable one) for any other button than the right or left clickers to the 'W' key and you are all set. You will use this button to move forward and use your mouse to steer. Like many other games in the last few years there are some commands you have to use your Keyboard for like running or zooming but its the closest you can get to a mouse only game. One other note: The game saves upon exit which is a good thing compared to other games now a days that only save at certain spots. So far the game tells me I am 20% in and I don't find it to terribly difficult.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/23/17 03:06 AM

Greyfuss is spot on here. Everyone one who dislikes keyboard-only control (well, most of us that is) should consider buying a programmable mouse.

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/23/17 10:04 AM

is the game "keyboard control only" then ?? I thought it was a combination woozy
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/23/17 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
is the game "keyboard control only" then ?? I thought it was a combination woozy

I was speaking more generally above. This game combines keyboard and mouse control.
Posted By: armand7

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/24/17 06:33 AM

Hi folks.... since I died, my soul is starting the much anticipated journey through Xing. I am halfway through the start-off island --- Iztali Pointe. Everything is beautiful and not too difficult so far. Hope to see you there!!!!!!!!!!!! Armand7

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/24/17 02:01 PM

Glad you are enjoying it!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/24/17 03:37 PM

I'm also off on my journty in Iztali Pointe! Beautiful game... Still haven't figured out the clock hands puzzle though!

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/24/17 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Mikael
Originally Posted By: Mad

I was speaking more generally above. This game combines keyboard and mouse control.

Thanks for the clarification, Mikael thumbsup

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/25/17 07:40 PM

Draclvr:

did you get finished with Iztali Point? the clock puzzle was a trip...........see you on the next journey. armand7

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/25/17 09:26 PM

I did! I am now in the Rain world.

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/26/17 04:14 AM

Draclvr: the Nehele rain world is...............unique. Can't figure out where to shove this golden banana???????????????lol
armand7

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/26/17 04:29 AM

If you need a hint Armand, feel free to post in the Hints forum where someone will try and help you!

Ana wave

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/26/17 05:42 AM

LOL, Armand!!! grin

Re: Xing: The Land Beyond Release Date - Updated - 09/26/17 08:57 PM

thx, BrownEyedTigre, but I don't need a hint...I try not to use them, although many times I want to..........armand7
© 2024 GameBoomers Community