Thank you for the review, flotsam!

Thanks Jenny!

Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Neofeud - review by flotsam - 10/23/17 08:50 AM

Thanks for that, flotsam (and Jenny100) thumbsup
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Neofeud - review by flotsam - 10/23/17 04:07 PM

Thanks for the link Jenny100 & your review flotsam. For the most part I agree with much of what you said - there's a lot of content in the game condensed into just the one which in my mind could easily have been spread over at least 2 games but good on the developer for not spreading it at all too thinly for the player in this case. I didn't myself pick-up on the game being overly preachy but it was certainly very strong on social comment within the futuristic world but very reflective of how things are in the present world.

I do disagree with your appraisal of the voice-acting particularly in the case of Proto-J - yes, sure, he was grating but I think within the context of the game that was the point - he's
Click to reveal..
an exceptionally gifted AI in a bad place who's obviously been programmed but has also evolved to learn from a variety of sources (digital I guess, films, TV, books etc) & applied that (maybe wrongly) on how to present himself to survive
I thought the dialogue & voice-acting for him was very well done

Otherwise a very nice review - thank you! smile

Posted By: silverspook

Re: Neofeud - review by flotsam - 10/25/17 07:53 AM

Thanks Flotsam for taking the time and energy to review Neofeud!

And thanks Chrissie for bringing your opinion to the Neofeud discussion.

I figured that that particular character (Proto-J) would be one of those "love or hate" or even "love-to-hate" sort of characters, as the IndieGames.com reviewer put it. I find the most interesting characters are usually not heroes, or even characters that are particularly likable, or even particularly consistent. Because I feel that real life is chaotic, and real people are chaotic, often unlikable, often inconsistent, hypocritical, confused, and riddled with mental issues -- especially those who are living in a horrible ghetto, or a disastrous dystopia -- and many characters in Neofeud are living in both.

Anyway, thanks again for the review!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community