GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing The Cabinets of Doctor Arcana

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing The Cabinets of Doctor Arcana - 11/10/17 04:20 PM

Check out more details on the official website here.

Quote:
Explore a Realm of Magic and Mystery
On a dark and stormy Halloween night, you find yourself standing before the gothic gates of Arcana Manor, the castle home of Doctor Arcana, the world famous magician who vanished several years ago. A strange force compels you to find a way in, but as soon as you set foot inside the mansion, the door slams shut behind you, sealing you inside the eerie manor house. A ghostly vision appears before you, presenting you with a challenge: Resolve a maze of riddles and perplexing puzzles, or be doomed to spend eternity locked inside the inescapable mansion. Do you dare accept the deadly challenge to discover the secrets that lie within The Cabinets of Doctor Arcana? Once you begin, there's no turning back.

Features
A captivating mystery set in the shadowy realm of magic and illusion.
Over 50 perplexing puzzles, mind-bending mazes, and confounding conundrums.
Original soundtrack by Nox Arcana.
In-game art gallery featuring dozens of eerie works of art by Joseph Vargo.
Detailed walkthrough from Doctor Arcana himself.

News
ABOUT THE GAME
Joseph Vargo discusses the origins of Doctor Arcana

The Cabinets of Doctor Arcana is a throwback to the early computer puzzle games like The Seventh Guest, Shivers and Jewels of the Oracle. I was very influenced by these types of games and used them as inspiration throughout this project. Puzzle games seem to have become a thing of the past, and that's really unfortunate because they're very fun and challenging. I felt compelled to resurrect this classic genre, so we embraced the idea of creating an old-style puzzle game and ran with it. We specifically designed The Cabinets of Doctor Arcana to have a very retro look and feel within a simple framework with minimal mouse controls. The end result is an effectively moody and entertaining game that evokes a haunting sense of nostalgia.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing The Cabinets of Doctor Arcana - 11/10/17 04:32 PM

This looks promising, Ana. Thank you for the news. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing The Cabinets of Doctor Arcana - 11/11/17 12:19 AM

Thanks. Will be looking at this, BrownEyedTigre grin
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Announcing The Cabinets of Doctor Arcana - 11/11/17 03:01 AM

Thank you. This looks great!
Wish I had it to play tonight!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Announcing The Cabinets of Doctor Arcana - 11/11/17 04:50 AM

I'm actually looking forward to this myself!
Posted By: connie

Re: Announcing The Cabinets of Doctor Arcana - 11/11/17 01:40 PM

Looks very good. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community