GB HOMEPAGE

Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 11/28/17 05:28 PM

Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles

Check out Flotsams First Look here.

View the trailer here.

Quote:
Vienna/Austria, Bremen/Germany - November 28, 2017: The tragic story of the Gordon family gets a new chapter: Today, KING Art Games and THQ Nordic are releasing Black Mirror; a modern re-imagining of the acclaimed gothic-horror adventure series. The new protagonist, David Gordon, must deal with the mysteries of Black Mirror castle as well as trying to find out if there is an ongoing curse on his family.

Black Mirror is available now on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation™4, the SRP is €29,99 // $29.99 // £24.99 on PC and €29,99 // $29.99 // £34.99 on consoles.

About Black Mirror
Like in the original graphic adventure trilogy, the Gothic Horror genre and its unique atmosphere of madness and psychological distress remains at the heart of Black Mirror.

The point-and-click gameplay of the original trilogy served as the basis for the re-imagined gameplay, which focuses on close-up investigation and interaction with nightmarish visions that plague the protagonist of the game David Gordon.

Key Features
• A modern re-imagining of the acclaimed gothic-horror adventure series
• Interactions with vision-like apparitions which help you learn more about your family's past
• Eerie atmosphere focusing on the horrors of the mind, in the style of EA Poe and HP Lovecraft
• High quality voice acting from a compelling ensemble cast

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 11/28/17 05:30 PM

Thank you for the news, Ana. wave

And I see that GOG is selling the game, as well as Steam.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 11/28/17 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian

And I see that GOG is selling the game, as well as Steam.

GOG ?? FanTAStic !! yay Off to check it out bravo

Thank you BrownEyedTigre and Marian thumbsup

EDIT :

Well I bought it ....

Just have to hope I can cope with the controls when I come to play it now !! eek
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 11/30/17 04:20 AM

Well I made my purchase, excited to start playing. I need to finish some of the games I have started, but I probably won't. I have no patience.

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 11/30/17 04:51 AM

I'll be interested to know what you both think of the game. wave
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 11/30/17 08:19 AM

You will be fine Mad - and its worth the effort so far

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 11/30/17 01:06 PM

Thanks for that reassurance, flotsam smile

As usual, I currently have several games on the go at once, so it might be some time before I fire up Black Mirror.

Then the proof of the pudding will be in the eating !! lol

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 11/30/17 09:46 PM

That would be black pudding then? yay devilchili

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 11/30/17 10:04 PM

rotfl
Posted By: judith

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/01/17 05:40 PM

This is good news. Will MaG do a walkthrough for this game. No one can do a walkthrough as good as she does.

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/01/17 05:41 PM

I don't think so, judith. Hopefully there will be a written walkthrough available elsewhere at some point.
Posted By: judith

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/01/17 05:45 PM

Thank you Marian. Gee, I do miss her here at GB.

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/01/17 05:49 PM

I miss her too, judith.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/01/17 06:12 PM

If you want to see more peoples' impressions of Black Mirror 2017, there are some people playing it and posting at Adventuregamers. Check toward the end of ***this thread***.

Mostly they like the graphics, though they don't like the controls, and you can be killed because of confusing or fiddly controls.

One person playing the PS4 version mentioned long loading times, and a new loading screen every time you enter a different room. I don't know whether the problem is the same with the PC version, or whether it's an issue if you're using an SSD. One of the user reviews on the ***Steam page*** says 8 second load times between each room, but this may vary with computer or whether you have an SSD.

Requirements for Windows version listed at Steam:
Quote:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Q9650 / AMD Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX660 / Radeon 7870 - 2GB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 11 GB available space

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770 3,9 Ghz / AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX960 / Radeon R9 290 - 4GB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 11 GB available space

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/01/17 06:25 PM

Speaking of system requirements, I saw this comment on the GOG forum about the game, for what it's worth:

Quote:
I've just started playing Black Mirror 4 and I can say the system requirements stated are way overstated. I'm playing on a 266 dual core pentium with 4 gigs of ram not 8 like what's stated to play. Although I do have an Nnvidea 2 gig card. So if anyone with a lower end system might just be able to play this game.

He said he had just started playing, so this judgment might be premature.

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/02/17 05:41 AM

Just finished the review so should be posted soon. Ditto some of the things mentioned above.

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/02/17 02:22 PM

"Mostly they like the graphics, though they don't like the controls, and you can be killed because of confusing or fiddly controls."

Sounds a bit worrying !! shocked
Posted By: rmelone

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/02/17 03:31 PM

I just started the game and have dusted off a controller I haven't used in a long time - it's a Logitech and, so far, seems to be working ok.

I do notice a delay when some scenes change - roughly about 4 seconds - I guess that's when it is loading; even
though, as someone mentioned, the game doesn't indicate that's what it is doing.

Someone may have mentioned this - how does the game save? Maybe I missed something in the initial setup.

I bought the game through Amazon, they had a price of $23 for Prime users and I have to say the box it came in is a little better than most boxes for games I've bought.

Robert

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/03/17 02:44 PM

Robert, someone else will have to tell you how you save the game. Flotsam's review does say this:

Quote:
You have complete freedom of movement in the game world and can save at will (except inside a vision). Choose “continue” in the menu to start from where you left off.

It's good that apparently you can save (almost) anywhere.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/03/17 03:27 PM

I bought the game from Amazon, it doesn't play right on my laptop, so am returning it. hardwall wavegirl
Posted By: rmelone

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/03/17 03:44 PM

Flotsam is right. It's just that it took a while at the beginning for the "save"
option to not be grayed out, now I can save just about anywhere.

So far I'm enjoying the game but I am finding that it's sometime difficult to, shall we say
without giving anything away, to line up objects but I guess that will come.

Robert
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/03/17 03:57 PM

TLC, do they actually let you return opened games on Amazon?
Posted By: TLC

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/03/17 07:24 PM

Yes, they do Ana. wavegirl
Posted By: teassoc

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/24/17 12:32 PM

I've just got to chapter 3 and I'm playing with mouse and keyboard. I am no better with the controls than I was when I first started.

Not noticed that much of a delay when moving to a new scene. Graphics are good and the story line is still intriguing despite having played the earlier versions.

No bugs and glitches so far.

So I'm loving it.

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/24/17 03:40 PM

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the game, teassoc! wave12

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/24/17 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: teassoc
I've just got to chapter 3 and I'm playing with mouse and keyboard. I am no better with the controls than I was when I first started.

Not noticed that much of a delay when moving to a new scene. Graphics are good and the story line is still intriguing despite having played the earlier versions.

No bugs are glitches so far.

So I'm loving it.

Hurrah for a favourable opinion !!!!

Thank you, teassoc bravo12
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/24/17 05:40 PM

I watched a playthrough on YouTube.
The story is fine.
The dexterity-dependent parts ensure I won't be buying it.
Posted By: venus

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/24/17 06:15 PM

Thanks, Ana. I started this game but haven't had time to play very much yet. I agree, the controls are really bad, and I usually have no problem with direct control. It's very difficult to get precise movement, which is okay for now, but I worry what will happen when the ghost encounters come into play. The story is good so far, so here's hoping the encounters are manageable. At least it's possible to save manually, so I'll save after every encounter if I have to. lol12
Posted By: frazap

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/28/17 11:27 AM

After playing this game I can hardly even remember what actually happened in it storywise. Overshadowing what may very well BE a good story was, for example, having to solve a tedious "jig-saw" puzzle more than once because the game "rewards" the player for solving that puzzle by throwing him or her into one of those badly designed "ghost encounters" in which it is pretty easy to die, not least because of the incredibly bad controls. Dying takes the player back to before the tedious puzzle, with som repeated dialog thrown in just to make things even more fun and exciting (note: sarcasm). No possibility to manually save between solving the puzzle and the ghost encounter of course. Good game design! (not).

The game has its moments, but my list of what-were-they-thinking-moments like the one above would be pretty long. I would advice anyone against buying this game even at a discount before it is heavily patched into a game that doesn't do its utmost to frustrate the player as often as possible.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Black Mirror Out Now on PC & Consoles - 12/28/17 05:47 PM

Thanks for your info frazap. Dying often in a puzzle is bad enough but having to repeat conversations AND a prior puzzle? Not my cup of tea!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community