GB HOMEPAGE

Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

Posted By: Jenny100

Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - 12/28/17 07:52 PM

The 1996 game "Titanic: Adventure Out of Time" is now available from GOG
https://www.gog.com/game/titanic_adventure_out_of_time
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - 12/28/17 08:20 PM

Thanks Jenny100. When I first read this I was thinking of The Mystery of the Nautilus. I don't know if I ever heard of this game. Is it any good?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - 12/28/17 08:42 PM

Thanks for the news, Jenny.

Oldbroad, this was a good adventure game. You can read some player reviews of the game here; look under user reviews.
Supposedly the re-creation of the Titanic was very accurate, which was one of the things that players appreciated about the game.

Really nice to see this on GOG. happydance12
Posted By: judith

Re: Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - 12/28/17 09:44 PM

Well, that was a nice surprise. Just bought & downloaded it. Now if they would do Black Dahlia I would be a happy camper.
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - 12/28/17 09:47 PM

Hi Folks ! Thank you Jenny !! and YES - oldbroad - this is a good game - I played way back when and I think I will buy it and re-platy it now.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - 12/28/17 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
Thanks Jenny100. When I first read this I was thinking of The Mystery of the Nautilus. I don't know if I ever heard of this game. Is it any good?

It was the first game I played that had conversations with characters where you could choose what to say from a list. I don't remember many details about it. It was something like the 5th or 6th adventure game that I played.

Here's the review of the game by Rosemary Young, formerly hosted at Quandaryland and now hosted at Metzomagic.

http://www.metzomagic.com/showArticle.php?index=202

There isn't a Gameboomers review, but I always liked the reviews at Quandaryland and found them helpful.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - 12/28/17 11:16 PM

Thanks for your responses and review links. Other than the mini games, it sounds good.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - 12/29/17 12:25 AM

Thanks Jenny!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - 12/29/17 06:26 AM

Thank you, Jenny100 grin12

I remember playing the original release a loooong time ago yes
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - 12/29/17 07:38 AM

Thanks indeed - one I have never played.
And I agree judith, BD would be excellent.
Posted By: CaptainD

Re: Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - 12/30/17 01:32 PM

Curious about this one - might have to take a closer look...
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Now available from GOG -- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - 12/31/17 11:26 PM

I thought I had this game in my gog library, but it was starship titanic. I will have to give this one a look....
© 2024 GameBoomers Community