GB HOMEPAGE

Her Interactive

Posted By: judith

Her Interactive - 06/16/18 04:10 PM

About once a month I get an email from Her advertising their little contests - BUT- no game in sight. I wonder when they will finally give up the ghost.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Her Interactive - 06/16/18 05:59 PM

They have announced a release date of Midnight in Salem for spring of 2019 (just in case you had not heard).

If a game actually is released then, it will have been four years after Sea of Darkness was released.

It makes you wonder how they have managed to remain in business for this long.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Her Interactive - 06/17/18 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Marian
It makes you wonder how they have managed to remain in business for this long.

I've wondered the same. Going from two games each year to zero games in four years can't exactly be good for business.
Posted By: skeeter93

Re: Her Interactive - 06/17/18 02:25 PM

I had just about given up on another Nancy Drew game when they finally announced a date. With the way it was delayed and the interactions with fans I am not certain the game will actually release or what it will be like if it does frown
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Her Interactive - 06/17/18 02:57 PM

skeeter, they really didn't announce a date. I don't consider announcing in 2017 that the game will be released in 2019 counts as setting a date. All that did was buy them a year of silence. If it was actually being worked on there would be updates, screenshots, trailers, etc. They are holding on to their fans in hopes of selling T-shirts and other stupid things that I keep getting emails for.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Her Interactive - 06/17/18 05:23 PM

It all seems to be getting more ridiculous by the minute !! shocked
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Her Interactive - 06/18/18 02:11 AM

Something fishy must be going on here. The initial explanation for the delay was the change of game engine, but that was years ago.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Her Interactive - 06/18/18 02:45 AM

It sounds to me like Ana has the right explanation - they want to keep people hanging on long enough to sell some merch.
Posted By: skeeter93

Re: Her Interactive - 06/19/18 06:28 AM

Yes, it's not really a date - I was surprised that they actually said anything at all to be honest, after years of fobbing everyone off. I agree that they are just trying to hang onto the fans and squeeze some more money out of them.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Her Interactive - 06/20/18 01:47 AM

I still hear that voice in other games occasionally.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Her Interactive - 06/21/18 08:22 PM

Simon & Schuster should yank their license and give it to someone who will actually make the games. Were they not successful games?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Her Interactive - 06/21/18 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: CountZero
Simon & Schuster should yank their license and give it to someone who will actually make the games. Were they not successful games?

My understanding is that the last few games did not do very well financially and that the company was not doing well.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community