GB HOMEPAGE

Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/09/18 03:33 AM

Unavowed, the long-awaited urban fantasy adventure from Wadjet Eye Games, is now available for Windows and Mac! Regularly priced at $14.99 USD, the game is on sale for $13.49 (10% off) for the first week, from Steam, GOG, and directly from Wadjet Eye.

View the Launch Trailer here.

Read the First Look by Dan Peach

Quote:
About Unavowed
A demon possessed you one year ago, kicking off a gory crime spree around New York City. Waking up on a stormy rooftop, you meet your saviors: the Unavowed, an underground group of supernatural guardians who have fended off darkness for centuries. Life as you knew it is over, but by joining their ranks you have a chance to reverse some of the damage you've done -- and, if you choose wisely, to redeem yourself.
• Shape your hero: Name the playable character, choose their gender, and pick from three origin stories to customize the protagonist. Variations in backstories and personalities provides replay value.
• Choose your party: Select two out of four companions to join you on missions across the boroughs of New York City. Each member of the Unavowed has unique skills, providing different solutions to the obstacles you'll encounter. (But no matter who's with you, every puzzle has a solution -- there are no dead ends!)
• Follow your conscience: Difficult choices await. In Unavowed's subtly branching storyline, your decisions could come back to help you... or haunt you.

In addition, Unavowed features hand-drawn pixel art at twice the resolution of Wadjet Eye's previous games, an original soundtrack composed by Thomas Regin, and a voice cast that includes Logan Cunningham and SungWon Cho.

Unavowed was created by Dave Gilbert, who is best known for his Blackwell adventure game series. The game's influences include The Dresden Files, Hellblazer, and BioWare RPGs such as Dragon Age. Former BioWare writer Jennifer Hepler provided early feedback as a story consultant.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: venus

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/09/18 04:05 AM

Great, thanks for the news, Ana! woot This game is fantastic! praise
Posted By: Marian

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/09/18 04:18 AM

I very seldom buy a game the day it comes out, but for this I made an exception. I've played a couple of hours today and I'm really enjoying it.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/09/18 07:16 AM

I may go ahead and pick this one up now also but I don't really think I'll play it just yet. I still haven't even played Shardlight yet. frown

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/09/18 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
I may go ahead and pick this one up now also but I don't really think I'll play it just yet. I still haven't even played Shardlight yet. frown

I have Shardlight and haven't played that yet either, but as you can see that didn't stop me from getting and playing Unavowed. laugh

Take a look at this review from Gamespot:

Gamespot Unavowed review

I can't remember offhand the last time I saw anyone from Gamespot give an adventure game that kind of score.

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/09/18 05:43 PM

Thanks for that link Marian, though it doesn't change my thinking in any way, and honestly, I think Shardlight is more my type of game.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/09/18 10:04 PM

Thanks for that news, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup
Posted By: Thorsgoats

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/11/18 02:44 AM

I've starting playing this game, and it's really good so far. I'm playing as a cop named Thorsgoats. It adds a little bit of humor to the game, especially when I see I can introduce myself to other characters.

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/11/18 06:31 PM

I just bought the game. I see it showing up on the "2018 List".

Marian - did you finish the game? Are you an actor, bartender, or cop?

Venus - what are you in the game?

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/11/18 06:34 PM

I am still playing the game. I like the game very much and I wanted to include a new game on my list, being as most of the games on my list are older. I chose the bartender for my first playthrough.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/11/18 09:14 PM

As usual fellow Boomers, i'm waiting for a good text walkthrough before I buy mu copy from GOG. Searching for one but with no results yet.
Sandy

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/11/18 10:37 PM

I hope one shows up for you Sanford!

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/11/18 10:50 PM

I saw one, but it is still being worked on.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/12/18 01:52 AM

sanford, go get it, pretty sure I could help you out
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/12/18 02:22 PM

I'm playing as the actress. Kalash has warned me already to stop choosing to keep silent because actresses have to improvise.

I have a general question. While Wadjet Eye is one of my favorites,
Click to reveal..
I read in one of the discussions that the endings can be sad.

Knowing other games by Wadjet Eye and
Click to reveal..
the horrifying beginning of this one, such an ending
wouldn't surprise me.

How careful do I have to be?

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/12/18 03:34 PM

Dave Gilbert said this on Twitter about the game:

Quote:
Your choices over the course of the game do NOT lock you out of any specific ending. I was very deliberate about that.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/12/18 04:46 PM

There are 4 or 5 I forget endings you can have... none are so horrifying that you need to brace yourself...
Click to reveal..
When you get near the end make sure you save so you can replay and see all the endings.. you have choices to make.

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/12/18 05:42 PM

I almost downloaded the game over night but since my GOG Galaxy was taking so long to updated I went to bed. Now I think I might just wait. It would be nice to play a game at the same time other people are playing it for once though instead of years later. lol

I don't know about the RPG elements though. Just choosing what character to play as sounds hard to me. frown
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/12/18 05:51 PM

Thanks. I'll go back to playing.

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/12/18 06:04 PM

Sanford, I could be wrong, but you very well might not need a walkthrough. I didn't need one at all, as I don't think the puzzles were all that difficult.

8dognight, the only place your decisions have an effect upon the ending is in the final scene. So you really don't need to be careful at all in that regard. (Your decisions can effect things in terms of how your entire story plays out, so you may or may not want to be careful there. smile But your ending choices are the same regardless.) I'll leave you a hint below in spoilers. It's very vague, but just in case you you don't want the hint, you can take it or leave it. smile

Click to reveal..
When you're given the opportunity to make a decision, make sure to "think" about your options and don't just be impulsive.

I did this and got what I think was the best ending in my first playthrough. Then I went back to see all the other endings. lol

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/12/18 06:06 PM

I don't know about the RPG elements though. Just choosing what character to play as sounds hard to me. frown

Honestly, you can forget about the RPG-elements business. It's an adventure game. It just gives you a few more choices. It's not hard choosing a character, just fun. There is no "best choice," really.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/13/18 09:09 PM

Thanks Venus, I need a WT to get me from Point A to Point B, but thanks for your input.
Sandy

Got the WT, bought it from GOG, playing it right now. Thanks for your help, my fellow Boomers

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/13/18 09:35 PM

This game is apparently doing very well. The developer stated today that it is now 4 days since release and has sold more copies than any of their other games have after the first month. Nice for Wadjet Eye. smile

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/14/18 04:34 AM

Marian, that's fantastic news! Glad to know things are going so well for them! woot

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/17/18 04:06 AM

I decided to try the game tonight but I'm not getting any voices at all. In options my selection is voice and text.

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/17/18 04:36 AM

I decided to try the game tonight but I'm not getting any voices at all. In options my selection is voice and text.

That's strange. Do you have the volume settings turned all the way up in the Options menu? There's no apparent reason you should be having this problem. Maybe try posting over in Glitches.

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/17/18 04:47 AM

At some points there are voices but I thought that the whole game was voiced except my character?

So far, I'm a bit disappointed with the game. frown

Edit 1: I decided to check the options while I was in the game playing and it showed "text only" even though I had it set prior to starting the game for "voice & text". Now I have voices.

I think I need to start the game over though as I missed stuff when I blinked!

Edit 2: Restarted the game. Much better with the voices! wink

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/17/18 08:15 AM

Glad you were able to get it fixed, oldbroad. woot
Posted By: Thorsgoats

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/19/18 04:10 AM

I just finished this game. I called my character "A demon pal who's fun to be with," which he did get to say several times. It was funny seeing the other characters respond to this like it was a normal thing. lol

It was a very good game with a lot of players you could use on different missions. I wasn't happy with my ending, but I was told by another player that it was the best ending of all possible endings.

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/19/18 04:47 AM

Oldbroad, I'm so sorry I just noticed your question on the other page! For my first playthrough, I played a female lead with the actor backstory. I consider that my "canon" story, though I've just completed a second playthrough and started a third just to see the final origin. I think they were all handled well, but the actor is still my favorite. The bartender does have a great connection to the bestower, though, so I'm a bit torn. lol Which origin are you playing?

Thorsgoats, that's an amazing character name! rotfl I felt the same way you did at first about the "best" ending, but after having seen the other endings, I'm quite happy with it. lol Glad you enjoyed the game.

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/19/18 05:02 AM

Good you enjoyed the game Thorsgoats even if you weren't happy with your ending.

No problem venus. I was just curious but then I remembered you are an aspiring actress so I figured you chose that. grin

I decided to go with being a male cop whose name is a combination of my brothers and my names: Jerjack. I haven't had to use it yet in the game. I haven't been back in to play anymore yet but am going to right now, for a bit anyway.

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 08/20/18 04:14 AM

Sounds great, oldbroad. thumbsup I really like how all of the origin stories have a different beginning to play through. My second playthrough was as a male cop, so I've seen that path, also. thumbsup You'll have plenty of chances to use the name you chose later in the game. grin

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 09/07/18 04:41 AM

I finished the game tonight. I didn't find it horrible but I can't say I really liked it a lot either. It was meh.

Click to reveal..
I didn't save at the end to replay the other endings but I did watch a youtube video and apparently that was the worst ending.

Oh geez. Thanks Marian. I probably shouldn't have written that out in full. I took it out but now you've seen it and you are still playing. Sorry! frown

Re: Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Now Available - 09/07/18 03:41 PM

No problem. And you didn't need to take the other part out, as long as it's in spoiler tags. Spoiler tags designate, well, spoilers! grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community