GB HOMEPAGE

Current Plays and Replays Part II

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Current Plays and Replays Part II - 08/29/18 01:35 PM

The old thread Here has reached it's limit, so please continue the conversations on this thread.

It's great to see what you all are currently enjoying!

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: cyane182

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/03/18 10:30 PM

I'm playing Lighthouse The Dark Being, after wanting to for years. I found it on GOG and it's playing perfectly, I'm so pleased! I've recently finished The Lost Crown too which I really enjoyed, and I'm also playing Nancy Drew Curse of Blackmoor Manor smile
Posted By: Marian

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/03/18 10:35 PM

Those are three good games, cyane! Have fun. wave

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/03/18 10:39 PM

Thanks Marian smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/03/18 11:33 PM

Hope you are enjoying Lighthouse, cyane182 yes

I'm hoping to re-play it myself as soon as possible. It's a really great game thumbsup
Posted By: sanford

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/04/18 12:37 AM

Hi Boomers,
Speaking of old games,I'm currently re-playing DISCWORLD 2 (in Dosbox), and loving it, except for the "garbled" audio, of course. LOL
Sandy

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/04/18 01:22 AM

I'm really enjoying it so far, Mad smile

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/04/18 05:53 PM

Yeah !! Great game, isn't it, cyane182 ?? happydance

And Sanford .... I love ALL the Discworld games. Have a grand time with No.2 !! grin

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/07/18 02:22 AM

Started my (4th ?) re-play of Lighthouse 😈

So I could very well turn into a recluse over the next few weeks.
Or maybe months, even !!

🙀🙀🙀

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/07/18 02:36 AM

You shouldn't be getting garbled audio, Sandy. Maybe post in Glitches about this? I have played the game in DOSBox and had no problems with the audio.

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/17/18 01:58 PM

Are you still wandering around the Lighthouse, Mad?

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/17/18 02:46 PM

Yes. Even if quite slowly lol
[Exploring "The Temple" at the moment.]

Frequent enough sessions. Just rather short ones. But certainly enjoying myself, thank you, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/18/18 01:55 AM

Still on Lighthouse as well, and also bought Black Mirror from GOG after my old disc didn't work. I never finished it so am looking forward to that.

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/18/18 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: cyane182
Still on Lighthouse as well, and also bought Black Mirror from GOG after my old disc didn't work. I never finished it so am looking forward to that.

Black Mirror is another great one. I have played it more than once. I'm glad you will be able to play it all the way through now. wave
Posted By: Adam Beals

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/18/18 03:02 AM

I love Lighthouse! I got on GOG when I saw the announcement. I'm replaying the MYST series and then Lighthouse is next smile
Posted By: venus

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/18/18 06:15 AM

Black Mirror is a fantastic game. thumbsup I'm thinking of playing The Lost Crown for Halloween if I get the time, possibly Midnight Horror as well. grin

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/19/18 12:30 AM

Yes I'd like to play Midnight Horror too, was thinking I'd get it around Halloween like you:) Hopefully Blackenrock isn't too far away.

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/19/18 05:35 AM

Cyane182, the wait for Blackenrock has been agonizing. lol I also hope it isn't too far away. Have fun with Midnight Horror when you get to it. thumbsup
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/22/18 05:38 AM

I just played The Crystal Key and The Crystal Key 2, both of which were okay. I started out alright in the second game but then had to start using UHS hints as I wasn't "getting" the clues. As I got further into the game I had to use the hints more and more though which I didn't like, but the traveling around in the game was just too much when I didn't know what I was trying to do. If you've played the game, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Tonight I started a replay of Machinarium. It will be a trip down memory lane for me as I had played it with my sister about a year before she passed away. She loved the game and we both had a lot of fun with it together. She got us past the arcade game. I'll see how this play through goes. I'm probably going to start something else also but not sure yet what.

Also started a first play of Nostradamus.
Posted By: FlyingDutchman42

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/25/18 01:37 PM

Have yust bought Still Life I and II from GOG
for the "hefty" sum of 2 Euro's.
(had them but on discs), so this will be
the games I'm going to play again next.

2 euro's that's the giveaway of the month! woot joy

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/25/18 04:09 PM

Have fun FlyingDutchman42. I replayed both of those games last year. I remember the first time I played Still Life 2, I really liked it, but on the replay I did start losing patience with the timed sequences. Still enjoyed revisiting both games though.

Did you get Post Mortem also? Have you played it before? It precedes Still Life.

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/25/18 07:00 PM

Post Mortimer and the first Still Life are two games I really like and have played more than once happydance

But I didn't much enjoy Still Life 2 slapforehead
Posted By: judith

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/25/18 07:12 PM

I'm replaying Rhiannon. I forgot how good this game is.

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/25/18 07:39 PM

I've got Rhiannon downloaded for a replay also, hopefully fairly soon.

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 09/27/18 06:27 PM

I never finished this game. I got totally bogged down in it - for some reason - and ended up selling it or trading it on rolleyes
Posted By: aretha

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 10/03/18 09:46 AM

Again playing all the Carol Reed games. Playing them consecutively makes me think Carol should become a mobile detective. The woman needs a van to carry a ladder, tool box, bucket, rope etc - then I wouldn't have to search for them. wink

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 10/03/18 04:24 PM

But that's a big part of the fun !! lol lol
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 10/03/18 05:40 PM

Ive got too many unplayed games to be replaying games right now. My most played game is still Discworld Noir.

I just played a game inspired by Carol Reed, Silent Steps. Rebecca Carlson doesn't meet Carol Reed but she does mention her once.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 10/06/18 04:09 AM

I just finished Profound Red, I still have to get
Remedy
Time Stand Still
The Color of Murder
Ambers Blood
Cold Case Summer
Shades of Black

then I will have played them all, I like the Carol Reed Games...just took me awhile to start playing them. I have yet to play Silent Steps by Rebecca.. it's on my list though

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 10/06/18 03:53 PM

Nice treats to look forward to, Winfrey yes I like the Carol Reed games VERY much dance
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 10/07/18 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By: aretha
Again playing all the Carol Reed games. Playing them consecutively makes me think Carol should become a mobile detective. The woman needs a van to carry a ladder, tool box, bucket, rope etc - then I wouldn't have to search for them. wink

Carol's on a shoestring budget, which only allows a bicycle.

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 10/07/18 04:13 AM

lol lol Mikael!
Posted By: aretha

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 10/07/18 08:54 AM

A bicycle is fine. She can carry a pencil and a torch, at least wink

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 10/07/18 07:44 PM

You're making me want to start a replay of all of the Carol Reed games now.

I recently finished Nostradamus and am almost finished with Machinarium.

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 10/07/18 11:27 PM

I think I've re-played all the Carol Reed games now, except the last one released, and will probably gradually re-play them all again over time.
Love them !! thumbsup thumbsup

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 10/11/18 01:48 AM

I finally finished Machinarium and I don't like to admit this, but I needed some walkthrough help. I don't remember the game being this hard, and I don't remember all the mini games that couldn't be helped with a walkthrough. I only remembered the one arcade game and this time I did get past that fairly easily, but not the others. Not sure yet what's next.

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 11/04/18 02:06 AM

Playing The Lost Crown Midnight Horror at the moment, enjoying seeing all the characters again and exploring.

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 11/04/18 04:31 AM

I'm playing Quern and I really like it a lot but am starting to get stuck more and more. I can only wander and try things for so long before I start getting motion sick so have already used the walkthrough a couple of times but as sparingly as I can. Trying to just get out of the game if I start feeling a little ill but want to play so that makes it difficult. I need to start something else too so if I have to get out of one game I can go in the other.

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 11/04/18 05:08 PM

I really liked Quern but didn't quite finish it (as yet).
The difficult puzzles - one after the other - just bogged me down a bit too much !! redface

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 11/04/18 05:15 PM

I've been playing The Lost Crown over the past couple of weeks, but very slowly, as I have other games I have to play as well. It's still one of the best games I've played. praise I really hope we'll finally see Blackenrock soon. yes

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 11/05/18 02:02 AM

Yes, hopefully Blackenrock will be out soon!

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 11/05/18 04:23 AM

When I see Blackenrock, I'll start my replay of The Lost Crown. witch

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 11/05/18 04:39 AM

Cyane182, I hope so!

Oldbroad, I don't blame you. I just started my replay in October, so I could play it around Halloween. grin

Re: Current Plays and Replays Part II - 11/05/18 07:58 AM

I don't know if I'm really waiting until then venus but with so many games to play and Blackenrock taking so long, we'll see. I do actually have the game downloaded already.

I spent hours today on one puzzle only to finally realize that I was not reading the clue right. Now I have the right clue (I believe) but still wasn't able to figure out the answer. Need a rest from the game though.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community