GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/05/18 02:04 AM

We are thrilled to announce the 14th Carol Reed Mystery: The Fall of April! The game will be released soon.

Check out the Official Carol Reed Website here.

View the screens here.

Quote:
Carol agrees to help a friend of a friend, Andrea, who has suffered a temporary drug induced memory loss.

Carol's investigation quickly leads her to the unsolved murder of Andrea's daughter 2 years ago. The murder has remained unsolved, but when connecting it to the recent events, Carol discovers close links to a Swedish Arctic balloon expedition carried out in 1915.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/05/18 04:38 AM

woot penguin yay I've been thinking about Carol a lot lately! Off to take a look at it now.

Oh yea, forgot. Thank you Ana!!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/05/18 04:47 AM

Fabuloso !!!!

Thank you BrownEyedTigre 👍👍👍
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/05/18 07:10 AM

Great!!!
Thanks, Ana and Mikael smile
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/05/18 11:12 AM

Great Xmas present, Thanks Mikael thumbsup
Posted By: aretha

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/05/18 11:29 AM

happydance Now all I want for Christmas is a walkthrough lol
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/05/18 12:36 PM

Wonderful I’ve been wondering when we would see a new one. Off to check it out. Thanks Ana and Mikael!
Posted By: connie

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/05/18 01:10 PM

Thanks Mikael and Ana, what a Super Christmas present. santadance
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/05/18 04:12 PM

This news has made my day! joy happydance12

Thanks, Ana. smile

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/06/18 01:53 AM

Is it January yet?? happydance
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/06/18 09:50 AM

Great news!!!! happydance
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/08/18 03:40 AM

I am 3 episodes behind now. I better catch up smile
Posted By: TLC

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/08/18 09:32 PM

Thanks Ana. santadance Just went to the website, I'm 7 behind. scared wavegirl
Posted By: Melia

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/09/18 05:18 PM

Waiting for January. santadance joy
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/10/18 05:02 PM

Thank-You Thank-You cant wait to play this one happydance
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/10/18 07:13 PM

And I'm all caught up and ready to go. Looks fabulous.

Those look like Gotland sheep.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/11/18 05:24 AM

Thank you for all the kind words. Beta testing is now finished, and I'm just waiting for my wife's final playthrough before I'm compiling the final version. Release will be in early January.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/11/18 01:09 PM

Thanks Mikael santadance

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/11/18 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Mikael
Release will be in early January.

What a way to start the New Year !!

Thank you, Mikael presents12 presents12 presents12
Posted By: DocPaul

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/16/18 02:48 PM

Thanks, Mikael, for all the hard work in making these games. They are some of the best games ever.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 12/16/18 07:22 PM

Good old dependable Carol.
I look forward to seeing her again.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 10:43 AM

Thank you Mikael

My order is in joy

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 10:47 AM

Yes, the game is now out!
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 11:47 AM

Thanks, Mikael. Already got it installed. Looking forward to another great Carol Reed game.
Posted By: margaret

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 12:30 PM

happy New Year Mikael and thank you for another great game. I've got the link and have installed the game. it's a pleasure to play a Carol Reed game.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 01:57 PM

Just bought it... just received the link...great way to start off the new year!
Posted By: Krispi

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 02:19 PM

This is great news, really looking forward to playing another Carol Reed game.
Just purchased via the www.mdna-games.com web site and received the download link 10mins later.
Thanks Mikael!
Posted By: k28d13j11

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 03:05 PM

Hello,
thats great, will there be a walkthrough,

thanks for the notice of the game

kathy

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: k28d13j11
Hello,

kathy

With the game having built-in hints, there probably won't be a great need for a walkthrough, although I suspect that there will be some kind of walkthrough available in the future; with the last game, there was a video walkthrough.

Just bought the game, downloaded it, and am now ready to install! dance

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 03:22 PM

Just bought it. happydance12
Posted By: Chief

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 06:10 PM

Me also. newyear

Chief santa

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 06:59 PM

I'm off to buy it now but am worried about downloading right now. Wet weather is messing with my internet again. frown

Thanks Mikael for not making us wait too long into January. newyear
Posted By: TLC

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 08:16 PM

Just bought it and waiting for the download link. joy newyear

Got it and off to play. wavegirl
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/02/19 09:53 PM

Wonderful, got download, burned disc and off to play!!
Posted By: RebKean

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/03/19 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Marian
Originally Posted By: k28d13j11
Hello,

kathy

With the game having built-in hints, there probably won't be a great need for a walkthrough, although I suspect that there will be some kind of walkthrough available in the future; with the last game, there was a video walkthrough.

Just bought the game, downloaded it, and am now ready to install! dance

Mikael was a bit quicker than I thought, but yes, I will make a video walkthrough soon. smile

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/03/19 04:44 AM

Thanks, Kim!

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/03/19 04:46 AM

I thank you too, Kim. thanks

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/03/19 11:50 AM

Obstipation? lol lol lol

Definition: severe constipation.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/03/19 01:10 PM

Got my lovely copy and it's burned to disk, ready ....

happydance happydance happydance
Posted By: dorish

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/03/19 06:36 PM

how do I access the in game hints?

Doreen
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/03/19 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dorish
how do I access the in game hints?

Click the notepad in inventory.
Then click the text and more text with the Hint will appear.
Posted By: dorish

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/03/19 07:02 PM

Thank you----I should have known that LOL!

Doreen

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/03/19 08:18 PM

I downloaded and burned to disc and backed up on my external hard drive yesterday. Started playing last night. So far, so good!

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/04/19 02:51 AM

Ok, the video should be working now. I did forget a few things and had to look in the journal. So those of you that did that, you are not alone. lol

Walkthrough on YouTube

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/04/19 03:11 AM

Thank you, Kim. Much appreciated! wave

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/04/19 03:15 AM

Thank you so much Kim!!

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/04/19 04:30 AM

You're very welcome. You get a bit nervous doing these, since the programs I've been using don't have a pause button. lol

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/04/19 10:22 PM

I know that there are a couple of threads opened up in the hints and help forum and I know RebKean made a video walkthrough and that there is a hint system in the game. I'm not looking at any of that yet but I do want to say that I am stuck at the moment. I am starting to re-trace my steps. My reason for posting is just to ask if it is just me, or are other players finding this game a little harder than prior Carol Reed games. I have required help in some prior games but not usually this early in. Just curious.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/05/19 12:31 AM

Sorry oldbroad, I haven't had a chance to play yet. I'm curious to see the responses!

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/05/19 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
I know that there are a couple of threads opened up in the hints and help forum and I know RebKean made a video walkthrough and that there is a hint system in the game. I'm not looking at any of that yet but I do want to say that I am stuck at the moment. I am starting to re-trace my steps. My reason for posting is just to ask if it is just me, or are other players finding this game a little harder than prior Carol Reed games. I have required help in some prior games but not usually this early in. Just curious.

Well, for me, it's very hard to say, since I've played all of them so many times, and also started beta test them a few games back.
What I mean is, it's hard to remember what I was thinking the very first time. But I usually get stuck at at least one place/puzzle in every game.
I mean really stuck, not just that I have to think really hard. sherlock
I do think that there is a great variation in the games. Some things are easier than others, and that's probably because we are all different people.
I'm sure some things I find hard, is not that hard for others.

Well, that didn't really answer the question though. I would say no, but I might be wrong.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/05/19 01:31 AM

Not any harder and not any easier, I find the game the same as always. In some ways because I have played all of Carols games, I find that I have entered Mikaels mind and somehow know what he is after if that makes any sense. One piece of advice for his games is patience and the ah ha moments when you find something that will solve something you had found much earlier in the game...I do like that.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/05/19 03:36 AM

Thanks for the responses. As I'm still stuck after going through everything again, I'm feeling it is harder. Maybe my brain is on vacation this week. Your comment makes sense GreyFuss. I've also played all of the Carol games. Right now, as I'm looking for a solution to the puzzle I'm stuck in, I have found myself saying "no, that's not how Mikael's puzzles usually work", so I think I know what you mean. wink

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/05/19 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
I have entered Mikaels mind.

Please exit, or images of that mean looking demon in your avatar will pop up in my mind before I go to sleep tonight.

Thank you all for the interest in my game, and thank you Kim for the walkthrough!

It has come to my attention that some have missed that there is a link to a Mac version at the end of the email with the download links, and have run the Windows version on their Macs. While it is possible to do this, it may display the fonts in a very funky manner. Savegames are compatible between the versions.

As for the puzzles, it's always hard, if not impossible, to find the right level of difficulty. It certainly hasn't been my intention to make this game harder than any of the previous games. The hints in the journal might be a little more obscure than usual however. Oldbroad, if you find something more difficult or confusing that usual, don't hesitate to drop me a line. It's good for me to know, and I will also be able to push you in the right direction of course.

I have had lots of emails in the last days, which I haven't had time to answer. I will answer them all, but at the moment I only have time to answer emails with direct questions or queries.

While it is very stressful to release a game, it's also very rewarding, since I get lots of feedback from players all over the world (only positive this far, I'm happy to say, except from an iPad user that called me "counterproductive" for "not keeping up with the times" since "PC gaming is passé". However, that email did not burden my already overflowing mailbox for very long, since it went straight to the trash bin.

So again, thank you for all the kind words and for letting me know that you're not tired of Carol yet. Odds are that it might result in yet another summer with bizarre and even dubious travel destinations for me and my wife to document Carol's adventure from last year, which she's already outlined for me. Maybe it should be optimized for tablets, with a PC version without inventory, with keyboard navigation only, and only save on exit? smile

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/05/19 06:01 AM

I am not complaining Mikael! I'll become un-stuck either on my own eventually, or I may take a peek in the journal. I find your games a good level of difficulty.

I think we are all hoping for another game, or two, or three...

I like inventory, mouse, and manual saving, so I do hope that last sentence of yours is just part of your wonderful sense of humor! yes

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/05/19 03:33 PM

"So again, thank you for all the kind words and for letting me know that you're not tired of Carol yet. Odds are that it might result in yet another summer with bizarre and even dubious travel destinations for me and my wife to document Carol's adventure from last year, which she's already outlined for me. Maybe it should be optimized for tablets, with a PC version without inventory, with keyboard navigation only, and only save on exit? :)"

We are definitely NOT tired of Carol and her adventures - and please, please keep on providing them.
[Without, of course, those changes you teasingly mention lol]

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/05/19 04:40 PM

I've been enjoying your games Mikael, just the way they are! And as to the tablet person he or she can get one that has a keyboard cover as you games run beautifully on my Surface Pro 3. :-)

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/05/19 04:57 PM

I do hope that there are many more Carol Reed games yet to come. happydance

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/05/19 05:41 PM

Yes !! That definitely applies to me, too, Marian thumbsup
Posted By: Bristol

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/05/19 09:05 PM

I only have one question: Bigge? You will all know what I mean when you get there!

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/05/19 09:19 PM

I haven't seen Bigge in the game yet, Bristol (and it's nice to see you posting)! wave

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/06/19 05:52 AM

woot Third time around and my brain woke up. This time when I saw the clue, it made perfect sense. Before, it whizzed right past me. Moving on again!
Posted By: albadross

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/06/19 10:18 AM

Bigge? Yes, I know what you mean.
Click to reveal..
But which Carol Reed game have we seen him in before? His face seems familiar.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/06/19 03:27 PM

I have completed 'The Fall of April' too, thanks a lot, Mikael!

As for the puzzles, it's always hard, if not impossible, to find the right level of difficulty. It certainly hasn't been my intention to make this game harder than any of the previous games. The hints in the journal might be a little more obscure than usual however. Oldbroad, if you find something more difficult or confusing that usual, don't hesitate to drop me a line. It's good for me to know, and I will also be able to push you in the right direction of course.

Well, I think that Carol games became much more easier after the introduction of first hints and then the ability to press space bar to see the active spots smile
But I have to confess that's probably the first time (at least with the recent games having those two options) that I was stuck and had to watch Kim's video walkthrough (thanks, Kim!) once. I am very bad with the colors, you know, and I could not solve that Horseback Riding Trail stones' puzzle by myself. That was that only 'hard' puzzle for me (or at least the one where the hints could be more specific).

So again, thank you for all the kind words and for letting me know that you're not tired of Carol yet. Odds are that it might result in yet another summer with bizarre and even dubious travel destinations for me and my wife to document Carol's adventure from last year, which she's already outlined for me. Maybe it should be optimized for tablets, with a PC version without inventory, with keyboard navigation only, and only save on exit? smile

NO! 'Carol Reed' games is the one stable thing in our crazy ever-changing world, you know smile It is SO nice to be sure that the next New Year there will be another Carol's adventure, oh!
So we are certainly not tired! But that is thanks to your great talent. The pictures get more and more beautiful with each game!
And the best thing yet is that you never repeat yourself! That's totally marvelous.

Originally Posted By: Bristol
I only have one question: Bigge? You will all know what I mean when you get there!

Yeah, that's probably the only dissapointment. No real Bigge this time?
Posted By: DocPaul

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/08/19 12:09 AM

Did I see an (unintentional) shoutout to British actor David Suchet who played Hercule Poirot for 24 years in the conversation blurbs with Stina, when Carol asks her for more information about "David" Suchet? I might have imagined that, though.
This was another winner of a game.
Paul
Posted By: Bristol

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/08/19 04:11 AM

And then there was that "message" from Jonas.
Posted By: jachern

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/08/19 06:57 AM

Please keep those Carol Reed games coming. I love them.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 01/12/19 04:57 AM

Finished the game tonight. After getting unstuck early on in the game, I managed to get through with no hints or help. I guess I just wasn't quite in "Carol Mode" at the time. I do think the game was longer but that may also be due to my being stuck for such a long time. Anyway, thank you Mikael for another wonderful adventure! I'm already looking forward to the next one. Maybe this year I will replay the games from the beginning.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/02/19 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
Not any harder and not any easier, I find the game the same as always. In some ways because I have played all of Carols games, I find that I have entered Mikaels mind and somehow know what he is after if that makes any sense. One piece of advice for his games is patience and the ah ha moments when you find something that will solve something you had found much earlier in the game...I do like that.

Hm. "Not any harder and not any easier". I have begun to replay the Carol Reed series. Remedy went alright but Hope Springs Eternal is HARD!! lol
I believe the games have gotten easier.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/03/19 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
I have begun to replay the Carol Reed series. Remedy went alright but Hope Springs Eternal is HARD!! lol
I believe the games have gotten easier.

What do you find so hard about it?

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/03/19 03:44 AM

Well, the puzzle type is different than now. In the games now, you will always find the answer or clue somewhere along the way. In Hope Springs Eternal you had the slider and two puzzles where you press buttons until they are all lit up (at the castle and on a purse). Not terribly hard actually but a little different type of puzzling I guess. Figuring it out by fiddling rather than finding a clue with the sequence.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/08/19 05:38 AM

It's never been intentional to make any game harder or easier than the previous ones. But finding the right balance is almost impossible. I do believe that you're right though that some puzzles in the earlier games are more obscure than in the later ones.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/08/19 07:59 AM

I like them all Mikael and it seems that most of us here do so you must be doing something right! I'm in East Side Story now.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/09/19 06:27 AM

And I'm eternally grateful for that.

East Side Story was a very special game for me. It was the first game in which I used a high tech camera, and the game for which I started to use the game engine that I still use. It was also when I discovered my fetish for abandoned buildings.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/09/19 06:55 AM

I rather like the abandoned buildings in your games also. They have good atmosphere.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/09/19 01:00 PM

East Side Story was a very special game for me. It was the first game in which I used a high tech camera, and the game for which I started to use the game engine that I still use. It was also when I discovered my fetish for abandoned buildings.

And long may that fetish continue !!
I love your games - and welcome whatever fetishes they might contain lol
Posted By: dianne

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/20/19 10:05 PM

I just got the new carol reed mystery fall of april a nd I cant figure out how to get the digital download so how do I do this? thanks Dianne

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/20/19 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by dianne
I just got the new carol reed mystery fall of april a nd I cant figure out how to get the digital download so how do I do this? thanks Dianne

After you have paid for the game through PayPal, Mikael will send you an email that provides a link to the download. He says to allow 12 hours to receive the email, but I have always heard back from him much sooner than that.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/20/19 10:28 PM

I don't have a pay pal account so do I need to make an account?

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/20/19 10:38 PM

dianne, you stated you just got the game did you buy it already?

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/20/19 11:47 PM

You don't need a paypal account; just a credit card.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/21/19 01:39 AM

Dianne, the download links have been sent to your email account (the same that you have registered here on GameBoomers). If you can't find the email, check your spam folder.

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/23/19 08:26 PM

thank you for the download link this is my second carol reed mystery need to catch up on the rest of the Carol Reed mysteries having fun . Dianne

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/23/19 09:46 PM

I was just looking at all the Carol Reed games sure have a lot of CAROL reed games I have to catch up on I only have the Bird watcher and Fall of April. sometimes it a little hard to find your way around as I always ended up where I started .but I will slowly get use to it. Dianne lol

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/23/19 10:20 PM

Diana, I've played quite a few Carol Reed games and I continuously get lost.... I've been in her garden area so many times and I am still going the wrong way when trying to get out.... I have to laugh at my self..... no one would like me leading on a hike. lol

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/24/19 01:08 AM

You want to get lost? Go in the theater workshop in The Colour of Murder. crazy

Re: Announcing Carol Reed Mysteries - The Fall of April - 02/24/19 01:38 AM

Must admit there are a lot of places I manage to loose myself...Just put me in a vacant building .🤣
© 2024 GameBoomers Community