GB HOMEPAGE

Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Now Available!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Now Available! - 01/30/19 08:28 PM

After ten years of development, Himalaya Studios is excited to announce that Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements -- a hybrid adventure/RPG in the tradition of the classic King's Quest and Quest for Glory series -- is now available for $13.49 USD on Steam, GOG, and the Humble Store

Check out Flotsam's First Look here.

Where to Buy
Mage's Initiation is a $14.99 USD download for Windows, Mac, and Linux, on sale for 10% off for the first week from the following stores:
Steam
GoG
Humble Store

Quote:
Mage's Initiation is an original endeavor from the same team that cut their teeth on freeware remakes of Sierra's King's Quest I, II, III, and Quest for Glory II. The project raised more than $125,000 on Kickstarter.

About Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements
D'arc has spent most of his life confined to the Mage's Tower, studying elemental magic. Now his skills will be put to the test with three quests across the mystical land of Iginor. With the realm's once benevolent winged guardians turned hostile and restless redcap goblins on the warpath, can D'arc pass his initiation *and* rescue a kingdom on the brink of chaos?

With combat that's easy to run away from and absolutely no stat grinding, Mage's Initiation is a casual RPG with old-school adventure game roots. Four Elemental character classes, each with unique spells, puzzle solutions, and side quests, make this an adventure worth playing more than once. And the detailed, hand-drawn pixel art speaks for itself.

Happy Gaming!

Ana
Posted By: Marian

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Now Available! - 01/30/19 08:33 PM

I picked it up this morning! happydance12

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Now Available! - 01/30/19 08:50 PM

Thanks Ana. I can see by some of the screenshots that I probably won't be able to play it.

Have fun Marian!
Posted By: connie

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Now Available! - 01/30/19 10:07 PM

Thanks Ana.

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Now Available! - 01/30/19 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
Thanks Ana. I can see by some of the screenshots that I probably won't be able to play it.

What makes you think that? wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Now Available! - 01/30/19 11:58 PM

Hurrah !! Have used my Backer's Code at GOG and will be downloading the game tomorrow yay

And I pledged for the DVD version - which I've been assured will follow a bit later this year. So MORE to look forward to happydance

EDIT :

Sorry, BrownEyedTigre !! Got over excited and forgot to say thank you redface

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Now Available! - 01/31/19 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Marian
Originally Posted By: oldbroad

What makes you think that? wave

Those squares and bars at the top of some of the screens. I do not understand that stuff usually. I'll need to hear more about the game and see a really good sale on it.

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Now Available! - 01/31/19 04:51 AM

What you are seeing there is just one of three different control interfaces that you can choose from when you start a game - there is another one that is like a Lucasarts adventure-game control scheme, where you right click and it brings up options (look, walk, etc.). smile

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Now Available! - 01/31/19 06:13 AM

OK, thanks Marian. smile

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Now Available! - 02/03/19 03:59 AM

Adventure Gamers posted a review of the game here.

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Now Available! - 02/03/19 08:47 AM

Thanks Marian. It doesn't inspire confidence in me being able to play it though unfortunately. I just don't understand about the spells and upgradeable stats and health and mana and that type of stuff. I'm almost sure I'll end up buying it eventually but...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community