GB HOMEPAGE

New Broken Sword??!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

New Broken Sword??! - 05/23/19 03:52 PM

Revolution games is asking on Twitter what adventure would you like to see George and Nico in next in the series! Could it be?? 😁
Posted By: Marian

Re: New Broken Sword??! - 05/23/19 03:55 PM

Interesting! sherlock
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: New Broken Sword??! - 05/23/19 05:41 PM

Still need to play ALL the others! lol
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: New Broken Sword??! - 05/23/19 11:30 PM

That would be wonderful.
Posted By: Marian

Re: New Broken Sword??! - 05/23/19 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
Still need to play ALL the others! lol

laugh
Posted By: Mad

Re: New Broken Sword??! - 05/26/19 08:47 AM

Exciting news - but only if the game is going to be like the first two - for me, anyway yes
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: New Broken Sword??! - 05/26/19 08:33 PM

I agree Mad. The plot and puzzles on the first two games were really good.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: New Broken Sword??! - 05/27/19 12:46 AM

Yes. They kind of lost the feeling after the first two games. I didn't like the 3rd person perspective at all.

Re: New Broken Sword??! - 05/27/19 02:11 AM

It was the awful controls and timed sequences that completely ruined games 3 and 4 for me. I thought they were shockingly bad frown
Posted By: Mikael

Re: New Broken Sword??! - 05/28/19 12:46 AM

I don't think they were terribly bad. If they had skipped the constant changing camera angles, stacking of boxes in endlessly repetitive puzzles, the timed sequences and keyboard controls they would have been decent games, I think.

It always surprises me when the developers go for keyboard controls only. Input from players and beta testers should be important to all game developers, right? I still haven't seen any request even similar to this from a player: "I don't want to use the mouse! I don't even want to have it as an option! Please limit the controls to keyboard only. Or possibly gamepad, since all PC players has one."

(I think that the 4th game had mouse control, tough. Other than that, all of the above applies to that game as well).

Having said that, I rather enjoyed the now largely forgotten In Cold Blood, Charles Cecil's game between the good and bad Broken Sword games. It also had keyboard controls, which worked exceptionally well (compared to other keyboard controlled adventure games, that is).

Re: New Broken Sword??! - 05/28/19 01:22 PM

"I don't think they were terribly bad. If they had skipped the constant changing camera angles, stacking of boxes in endlessly repetitive puzzles, the timed sequences and keyboard controls they would have been decent games, I think."

All of those things you list, Mikael, are what I was lumping together under "controls".
Which of course wasn't accurate and I apologise. But those things DID ruin the games for me.
Such a shame when the actual storylines were as good as ever rolleyes
© 2024 GameBoomers Community