GB HOMEPAGE

the Council

Posted By: Beerhead

the Council - 07/02/19 03:36 PM

Maybe it's just me,but does anyone like this game?I find it annoying and confusing .It's not a smooth running game.
Posted By: Marian

Re: the Council - 07/02/19 03:40 PM

I haven't played it, but here's a GameBoomers review by flotsam.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: the Council - 07/02/19 04:45 PM

What do you mean by "It's not a smooth running game." ?
The Minimum system requirement is
Originally Posted by Steam
Processor: Intel Core i3-2125 (3.3 GHz)/AMD FX-4100 (3.6 GHz)
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 1 GB, GeForce GTX 750/Radeon R7 360

and the Recommended system requirement is
Originally Posted by Steam
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 (3.4 GHz)/AMD FX-8370 (4.0 GHz)
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: 4 GB, GeForce GTX 960/Radeon R9 380

If your computer is on the low end of the requirements, check the Menu Options to see if you can turn down graphics enhancements and get it to run better.

If you are having trouble understanding what the potions and things do, be aware it's not a classic adventure style game. You may want to check a YouTube playthrough like this one to see how it's played.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj_Goi54wf0dNBY5-vdfAQlZSsWmTeQ44

Re: the Council - 07/02/19 04:49 PM

Yes,that's what I mean,potions and things to do,you have to keep making decisions while playing.Thank you and I will check YouTube
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: the Council - 07/02/19 07:00 PM

Thanks for that link Jenny. I watched the first part. I bought this game in November for a much higher price than I would normally pay for a game of this type because it does intrigue me, even though I don't think I will know or understand how to play it, even after watching the first video.

Beerhead, if you continue to play the game, please let us know if you got used to the "skills" and "decisions" and what not, and whether you like the game.

Re: the Council - 07/02/19 07:21 PM

I had to watch several of Mr. Odd's videos before I started to understand how the system worked. There are a lot of subtleties to it and you don't always know what characteristic will be of use.

Re: the Council - 07/02/19 07:40 PM

So you played the game Jenny? Did you like it?

Re: the Council - 07/02/19 07:48 PM

No, I watched Mr. Odd play it on YouTube.
I thought it had an interesting story.
As far as I can tell, there is no DRM-free shop selling it, so I won't be buying or playing it.

Re: the Council - 07/02/19 08:28 PM

Gotcha! thanks

Re: the Council - 07/02/19 09:44 PM

Old Broad,I'm still playing this game but still cant get used to the skills and stuff.I don't think I'll finish it.Good luck with yours.(My brain cant handle a game like this)

Re: the Council - 07/02/19 10:00 PM

If you watch more of Mr. Odd's playlist for the game, you may eventually get the hang of the skill system.
If not, you can still enjoy the story by watching him play it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community