GB HOMEPAGE

Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Now Available - 08/07/19 03:18 PM

Cthulhu may yet rise, but for now the uncaring universe just makes a very cynical cat start talking. The game is now available on Steam and GoG.

Check out the launch trailer here.

Darkham, with its crooked gambrel roofs, dark alleys, and a past shrouded in secrecy, never really was a welcoming place, but nowadays? Kooky cults are popping up everywhere, and that most evil book, the Necronomicon, is spoken of in trembling whispers once more.

Detective Don R. Ketype is on the case to retrieve the mysterious evil tome, but unsuspecting librarian Buzz Kerwan stumbles upon it and accidentally transforms his cat, Kitteh, into a walking, talking abomination. Being humanized? Quite a downgrade.

The three set off on a globe-trotting quest to turn Kitteh back to cathood, uncover greater conspiracies and darker forces at work, and try to figure out the secret behind the Necronomicon’s incommensurable power.

Classically-inspired adventure game with a modern approach
Fluid frame-by-frame traditional animation
Over 60 hand-painted HD environments inspired by Transylvanian architecture and nature
Contains the most genuine Transylvanian accent in games and media, like, ever
Moment-to-moment humor, but darker arching plot
Over 60 fully voiced crazy characters
Over 12,000 lines of spoken dialogue
World-spanning detailed locations, unique item combination responses for just about everything
More than 4 hours of original soundtrack featuring live instruments
No cutesifying or making fun of the Old Ones, praise their Dark Names
Lovingly made near Vlad the Impaler’s birthplace

Happy Gaming!

Ana
Posted By: Marian

Re: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Now Available - 08/07/19 03:49 PM

Thanks, Ana. This looks like fun. smile
Posted By: connie

Re: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Now Available - 08/07/19 04:10 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Now Available - 08/07/19 04:49 PM

Fantastic.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Now Available - 08/07/19 05:56 PM

Thanks Ana! Code received and activated. Don't know when I'll get to playing though.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Now Available - 08/07/19 08:06 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile

Re: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Now Available - 08/08/19 01:32 PM

I played the demo of Gibbous awhile ago, long enough that I assumed it was never coming out, then forgot about it. Now that I'm playing I recognize it and like it so far.

Re: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Now Available - 08/10/19 06:04 PM

I think I'm on Chapter 4 or else more than halfway through 3. Still good. I have used the space bar to locate hotspots a few times because the graphics are dark; other than that this is an easy game, relaxing, amusing, and a pleasant nonstressful experience. Just I what I need.

ETA: Also intelligently written.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Now Available - 08/10/19 06:11 PM

Sounds good, 8dognight. I'm all for a relaxing experience with a game.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Now Available - 08/10/19 06:17 PM

Ditto what Marian said. Thanks for the info 8dognight!
Posted By: lynthorpe

Re: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Now Available - 08/12/19 07:39 AM

I had been looking forward to this for ages. Finished playing yesterday. Great little game. I agree the screen is a little dark at times and I did need to refer to a walkthrough for a couple of the puzzles. My only criticism is that it's quite short. I managed to stretch gameplay out to about 13 hours by interacting with absolutely everything! I realise these games are costly to develop but I miss those old times when games gave some 30+ hours of play. However, the door is definitely open for a sequel so here's hoping.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community