GB HOMEPAGE

Are the Capri games available for download?

Posted By: saskee

Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/21/19 08:22 AM

I have played the Capri games, Quiet Weekend, Anacapri--the Dream previously, but unfortunately the site from which purchased these, Toomai in the UK no longer responds when I enter the activation code or when I email for help. I tried to repurchase from the authors website, caprisaga.com, but even though I sent payment via Paypal as instructed, I received no response of how or where to download. I emailed all the addresses on the website and got no response.

Don't know whether the company is defunct outside of taking money or the authors are just away for a while. Has anyone had any dealings with that game lately or know where it is still available?

Thanks
Jim
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/21/19 09:32 AM

The last time I have talked to Giuseppe Savarese was last December, I think.
Jim, did you send your letter to geysav @ libero.it?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/21/19 01:57 PM

Gey has been quiet since June. We are FB friends and he hasn't made any posts for his band or his personal page since June. I'll reach out to him and see if I can get through.

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/21/19 05:06 PM

Yes, that was one of the email addresses I wrote to. Thanks for the help.

Jim
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/21/19 07:23 PM

Thanks for posting this saskee. I would also like to replay the games but need new activation codes to do so. I'd like to know if/how it is possible to get them.

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/26/19 07:41 AM

I have since tried to reach Mr. Savarese through Paypal. There was no response to them from him after a week. I have now opened a claim via Paypal which may result in getting the money back, although I would still prefer the game.

BTW, I noticed that the game is listed for sale as part of the two game set with Anacapri the Dream from Games Rocket https://www.gamesrocket.co.uk/mysteries-of-capri.html/. Has anyone dealt with this site in the past? Maybe I'll try them if I can't get a resolution from Mr. Savarese.

Jim
Posted By: gamern

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/27/19 04:47 AM

Thank you for bringing up reinstallation issue.

Since Windows 10 updates removed my Capri games, I need to re-install the 3 games.

On the caprisaga.com site, clicking "Support" at top of page has guidance for code problems.
There are several steps to follow- I will try them if my codes don't work. Maybe they will help others.

gamern

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/27/19 05:30 AM

Oh, that's interesting gamern. Let us know if you have any problems although I would think if you are reinstalling the games on the same computer and hard drive they were on before, you shouldn't need new codes. I have the 3 games discs and last played them on a different computer that no longer works so I'm assuming I will need new codes to install the games in my new computer. I may have to try that Application Code App.

Well, so much for that. My Norton won't allow the app! May be a false positive but I don't want to take the chance on my new computer!
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/28/19 02:57 AM

Gey updated his YouTube page in August and Silvio tweeted in October 31. It should be possible to get in contact with them somehow. I don't understand why they're still having the website up and the Paypal account active if they've stopped selling the games. I was actually thinking of buying the third game, since I haven't played it.

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/28/19 05:18 AM

Are they in area with floods?

I haven't actually tried contacting Gey yet.

Norton indicates that the activation code app is new which could be why it is immediately removing it. No way for me to tell from looking at the web page though. It gives me a Heur.AdvML.C which I read is a "worm". Norton claims it is "high" risk.

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/28/19 03:25 PM

oldbroad, Gey lives in Naples. Norton is notorious for removing that. It's technically a false-positive in most cases. In this case, I would say it is incorrect.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/28/19 04:49 PM

Virustotal says the file is clean
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...c2d2629f882f694609e858427f1a48/detection

"Heuristic" detection is just a guess.
It means that some part of the code contained in the file resembles some part of the code in some other file that happened to be infected, not necessarily the infected part. Considering that this SbloccoCodici.exe file is a key generator for a game, it's not surprising that the file is flagged by default by Norton's "Heuristic" detection.

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 11/28/19 06:50 PM

Ana, it was just a thought since I read there is a lot of flooding going on in certain parts of Italy (particularly Venice).

Jenny, thanks for looking at that and interpreting. When I read what Norton said about it, I did think that made sense. In my simple minded understanding, the heuristic virus is trying to gather information (for bad reasons) and the code application is trying to gather information (to create a activation code). So the "gathering information" causes Norton to think it is a bad file.

Anyway, still would like to know that Gey is around supporting the games.

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 12/06/19 03:43 PM

Just to update my original query... I just received notice that Paypal had not succeeded in contacting Guiseppe Savarese or anyone at the caprisaga site and were refunding my payment. Which I guess is ok, but preferred and still prefer to somehow get the capri games. I tried all the email addresses for both Savarese's and even a DM via twitter to Silvio. Most mysterious. Hopefully nothing too serious is happening with them.
One more question about the games...if I got a hold of the games on DVD or CD's would they be playable on the latest Windows 10 versions?

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 12/06/19 06:54 PM

Thanks for the update saskee. I have the 3 games on DVD and they require getting an activation code.

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 12/06/19 08:00 PM

Hi oldbroad,
Did that program from the caprisaga site, SbloccoCodici, work for the activations or are you like me with a game purchased somewhere else? BTW my games were from the DVD that had both games, Mysteries of Capri.

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 12/06/19 08:23 PM

I haven't yet tried the program saskee. I'm wondering why a Windows 10 update removed the games from Gamern's computer and since I'm not really ready to replay them just yet, I don't really want to try installing them just yet. I am also just not sure about the program. I bought my discs directly from Gey back in 2014. I have 2 older discs of the first 2 games that was put out by Got Game for Windows XP but had never gotten around to playing them.
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 12/08/19 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by saskee
I got a hold of the games on DVD or CD's would they be playable on the latest Windows 10 versions?

I have the three games on DVDs published by Adventure's Planet - they work fine (at least, in Windows 7) and do not require any codes!

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 12/26/19 03:54 PM

Just to add, I sent an email to geysav :

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 4:36 PM Jim wrote:

Good morning, I tried to order one of your games a month or so ago. Got
no game, no response, but I did get money back from Paypal.

Just checking to see if you're back in business, if so I'll reorder.

and got a response on Christmas day :-)

"No, sorry. " :-(

Jim

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 12/26/19 05:50 PM

Thanks for that info. Glad you at least received a response.

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 12/26/19 10:35 PM

Thanks for the info., That is a shame. I do hope that this reminds them to shut down any further incoming orders.
Posted By: DadsFavorite

Re: Are the Capri games available for download? - 01/19/20 04:23 PM

FYI - I have found the games on EBay. I, too, enjoy them very much and hope they decide to revisit the series once again
© 2024 GameBoomers Community