GB HOMEPAGE

Adventure games with multiple endings

Posted By: Fingon

Adventure games with multiple endings - 12/02/19 09:53 PM

By chance, I have been playing two adventure games only weeks apart of each other, both of them praising themselves for offering multiple endings to them - namely Blade Runner (I wanted to finish it before it "takes place") and Ripper. Both are interesting because you cannot influence their outcome THAT much, some elements being generated for each playthrough.

I tried to remember some other titles that have multiple endings (e.g. The Neverhood, Secret Files 3, Cydonia/Lightbringer, Dracula 5) and I was wondering if there are others... not counting visual novels as this is one of their selling points.
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Adventure games with multiple endings - 12/03/19 12:21 AM

Pandora Directive is one I remember. Also Gabriel Knight 1.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Adventure games with multiple endings - 12/03/19 12:34 AM

Check out this discussion on Adventure Gamers. A good number of adventure games with multiple endings are mentioned there.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Adventure games with multiple endings - 12/03/19 04:53 AM

Wow !! Certainly a lot of games there, thank you, Marian 😑

And I've played SO many of them.

But have to admit I hardly ever bothered to go for all the different endings.
ONE good ending always seemed to be fine for me laugh
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Adventure games with multiple endings - 12/03/19 05:14 AM

Prominence was one I remember. It wasn't on that AG discussion. It was an excellent game IMHO.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Adventure games with multiple endings - 12/06/19 03:20 AM

Blade Runner stands out here, not only multiple endings but alternative storylines.
Posted By: Adam Beals

Re: Adventure games with multiple endings - 12/06/19 03:42 AM

Titanic: Adventure Out of Time had I think 8 endings, and Timelapse had a number of different outcomes. These are both on GOG.com.

Have you tried Heavy Rain? It might be classed as an action-adventure though rather than adventure. You play as four different characters. Heavy Rain is on Epic games only for the moment.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Adventure games with multiple endings - 12/07/19 06:08 PM

The Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human have multiple endings. More interactive movie like than straight up adventure games.
Posted By: Fireflower

Re: Adventure games with multiple endings - 12/10/19 09:04 PM

Also A Tale of Two Kingdoms, Peridium and Richard & Alice.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community