GB HOMEPAGE

HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem

Posted By: Marian

HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/04/19 01:44 AM

Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem is now available to purchase from both HeR Interactive as well as Steam.

Nancy Drew unexpectedly finds herself in Salem, Massachusetts investigating an arson on the Hathorne estate. The Hathorne House was originally constructed by Judge John Hathorne, inquisitor of the infamous Salem witch trials and the final home to 102-year-old Frances Tuttle, his last direct descendant. When Tuttle passed away, the estate became city property and while the mayor was seeking a manager to oversee the estate the home burst into flames. The ongoing investigation has turned up little evidence but concerned citizens have accused Mei Parry of arson and are pressuring the police to arrest the secretive teenager. As Nancy races to uncover the truth behind the arson, she discovers connections to the house’s past with the Salem trials and finds herself drawn into a struggle with supernatural events that she simply can’t explain. Nancy’s convictions are put to the test. Are the ghosts real? Has Salem’s dark history come to life, or is there someone else to blame? Time is short, and Nancy must find the answers before the clock strikes midnight.

Game Features:
Analyze clues with all new examinable 3D objects
Team up with the Hardy Boys
Learn and uncover the truth about the historical Salem witch trials
Explore expansive 3D environments and investigate with updated controls
Discover the plight of the accused witches
Take a tour of Salem and discern fact from fiction
Meet and interact with all over 10 diverse characters
Solve challenging 3D puzzles embedded into the story
Enjoy thrilling in-game cutscenes
Cook a New England favorite dish: Johnny Cakes
Explore an ancient cemetery and historic estate
Investigate with updated and modernized controls
Mix herbal potions and learn about ancient remedies
Solve multiple crimes including arson
Sleuth at Amateur or Master level and earn achievements

Happy gaming! witch
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/04/19 01:59 AM

Thanks, Marian! I hope that it was worth waiting for!

Ana wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/04/19 02:01 AM

Thanks Marian! blackkitty
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/04/19 02:36 PM

Thanks, Marian.
Posted By: connie

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/04/19 04:00 PM

Thanks Marian.
Posted By: family

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/05/19 04:02 AM

michael gray walkthrought is up.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/05/19 04:06 AM

Thanks, family! Do you have a link?
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/05/19 03:13 PM

Thanks Marian -

I think I will wait for some players to comment before 'pouncing' on this one. laugh

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/05/19 03:38 PM

i made a mistake , he must have not got his game, all i got was adventure game fan 8, j.b. lewis,

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/05/19 03:41 PM

You did not make a mistake, family. Michael Gray has been livestreaming it and he finished yesterday. He did a blind playthrough. Here is where the livestream begins:

Midnight in Salem

He was a tester for part of the game and got his name in the credits this time, which is nice.

Tally Ho, I am playing the game but have decided not to comment upon it until I have finished it. wave

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/05/19 07:51 PM

I'm looking forward to your comments Marian. First impressions are nice to see but I do believe the whole game needs to be played to really know. And, of course, it is always a matter of preference. (I liked Syberia 3; not many others did.)
Posted By: Mikael

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/06/19 03:08 AM

The game installed smoothly and starts up with an evocative still picture of an abandoned house in glorious 2560 x 1440 resolution on my Windows 10 monster machine.

From there it's downwards.

I try to refrain from being negative about games on forums like this, since I make games myself, but sometimes it can't be helped... I haven't played much yet, but this far, I'm thoroughly disappointed in every single aspect of the game.

After the silly and stilted prologue you're hastily thrown into to a room which is supposed to be scary. On screen, you always have the inventory plus Nancy's phone, which looks EXACTLY like a low-res icon from a late 1990's website. I was expecting full 3D movement, like in Real Myst or the Tex Murphy games. But you move in a node-based environment, much like in the earlier games. The only real difference from the earlier games is that the transitions are seamless. I don't think that this is a problem in itself, but the use of the 3D engine makes the screens look much worse than the (sometimes beautifully) individually rendered pictures in the earlier games.

I was a big fan of the first half of the Nancy Drew games (except for the first one). The second half was more centered around repetitive chores than the intelligent puzzles featured in the first half, and didn't really appeal to me. But say what you want about Her Interactive, one has to give them that they were able to put out two solid games every year until 2015. It's a total mystery why this took almost 5 years to make.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/06/19 03:58 AM

Mikael, I appreciate your honesty. I too was a fan of the games and couldn't wait for the next release. They had such talented team members. I am not purchasing this one.
Posted By: dianne

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/06/19 04:16 AM

well I purchased it but but sorry that I did and I do agree with you I really don't care at all to play it so I just unistalled it . my mistake I guess. Dianne taz
Posted By: Mad

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/06/19 06:36 AM

IF this new Nancy Drew production had stayed faithful to its original era and just taken advantage of the progress in gaming technology to portray it - and IF the "new proprietors" had been honest with the huge fan base they already had (waiting in anticipation) about all the changes and delays of the last few years, I might have been a teeny bit tempted to relent and purchase the game.

(Even though I hadn't been impressed by the monotony of those game padding chores that were incorporated in so many of the later releases 🙀)

But the more I saw and heard about the version we were going to be offered, the less enthusiastic I became.

I won't be buying it 👎
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/06/19 11:06 PM

Arglefumph's first impressions (from after playing the game in the livestream)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4fi24KQxSc

I think he's too kind to it.

J.B. Lewis gives his thoughts at the end of the last video of his playthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4KFv1IlaCY
Fast forward to 24 minutes into the video to get past the end of the game.

I had a bit of a laugh around 28:53 - 29:17 where he says
"HerInteractive had a new CEO, Penny Millikin, who decided (it seems like) to take the company in a bit of a different direction and make more profit. This led to the development of the Codes and Clues app which was essentially a Nancy Drew game with microtransactions..."

...and right after he says "microtransactions" the music stops and you hear an ominous bang...

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Locations lack the detail of previous Nancy Drew games -- not just in how things "look" but in how much you can interact with. There were lots of empty nodes where you couldn't really interact with anything and there wasn't much to see.

Too much dialogue and not enough puzzles.

One of the shorter Nancy Drew games -- strange considering one of the excuses they gave for moving to a 3D engine was to have longer games with more expansive environments.

The new voice actress for Nancy sounds a lot better in the game than in the trailers. But she seems to have adopted many of Lani Minella's speech patterns for Nancy. Not that that's a bad thing for the customer, but it seems like Lani created the Nancy Drew voice and personality, and the new girl is just copying her.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/06/19 11:16 PM

I will try to give a longer review after I have completed the game, but at the 70% mark I would give it a 6/10. I pretty much am in agreement with Arglefumph in terms of the score.

Definitely not a game for puzzle lovers. While there are a few good puzzles in the game, it is very puzzle lite and far more dialogue heavy. You spend a lot of time talking to characters in this game and some of the conversations are quite long. For some this may be a positive and for others a negative.

The new voice of Nancy is merely okay. Nothing particularly noteworthy about it and nothing atrocious. I feel bad for the woman who has taken over (Brittany Cox) because she is a fan of ND and has even played some of the games, but Lani's were big shoes to fill. During a conversation with multiple characters, Nancy's voice is not a standout and is not highly individuated the way that it was before.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/06/19 11:34 PM

Jenny, have you played the game or are all the observations you list from other people?

I'm not a big fan of lengthy dialogue. I will play the game someday though, I assume.

I want to know how family likes the game. Haven't heard from her yet.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 12:15 AM

As far as I know, Jenny hasn't played the game.

I also wanted to mention that initially I thought there was a problem with the lip syncing, but once I figured out the right settings for the game to make it run optimally on my system, it was much better than before. A lot of ND game fans are not used to having to mess with screen resolution, shadows, antialiasing, etc., and at least some of the complaints about lip syncing and lag would go away if they knew what the optimal settings would be for their computer (assuming their computer meets the system requirements).

The game is by no means technically perfect and in truth I see defects (some of them glaring) that definitely need fixing/improvement, but I just know that the complaints about game performance would be less numerous if people were running the game with the right settings.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
Jenny, have you played the game or are all the observations you list from other people?

I watched the playthroughs by Arglefumph and J.B. Lewis, then watched the comments/reviews they posted after finishing. All but one of the observations I listed were noted in one or both of their reviews/comments videos, but I agreed with those opinions.

The comment about the new Nancy Drew voice actress and Lani was my own opinion, not theirs.

I'm not a big fan of lengthy dialogue. I will play the game someday though, I assume.

There were quite a few puzzles near the end of the game. But for most of the game there weren't as many puzzles as in other Nancy Drew games, and some of them are those you've seen 60 times before -- like the torn up note you have to reassemble, and the paper-clip-in-the-lock where you have to touch 5 tumblers in the right order and in the right way to get them to stay up.

When I check out a playthrough of a game before purchase, I'll stop watching if I decide the game is something I want to play for myself. That wasn't the case here. Too much dialogue, not enough puzzles, and for a 3D game I expected larger environments. They could have done this game with their old 2D game engine and had more detail in it, and maybe more puzzles too.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 02:01 AM

Thanks for clarifying Jenny. I didn't think you had played it but then I wasn't sure.

Marian, I read something about the lip syncing and lag being fixed by some settings, maybe in some review I guess. I am one of those that doesn't care for too many setting options because I don't know what most of them do so I never know what settings to choose.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 02:09 AM

Thanks for clarifying Jenny. I didn't think you had played it but then I wasn't sure.

I did the cheap thing.
I enjoy watching Let's Plays of games I've already played.
But I also use them to decide if I want to play something.
And sometimes I use them for How-To's (for example with games like The Council).

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 02:28 AM

Marian, I read something about the lip syncing and lag being fixed by some settings, maybe in some review I guess. I am one of those that doesn't care for too many setting options because I don't know what most of them do so I never know what settings to choose.

It's not all that complicated. You can always ask for advice here if the way it runs seems suboptimal. You may not need to make any changes at all. My computer meets the system requirements including the video card, but my video card is outdated at this point, so I needed to make some changes.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 05:10 PM

a bunch of us have not got our game, i am one of them, the fex man has it, when i call all i got was yesterday and today, they even went on little jackolope , blog about it, so the ones with enjoy, because i do not know when or if it will get here.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 05:53 PM

They started shipping on Thursday; pretty much everyone who preordered should get their game by the end of next week. It also depends on how far away you live from Minnesota (where the games are shipping from) and the shipping method you chose.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 06:06 PM

you are right, this waiting is killing me.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 06:40 PM

Plus, this is the Christmas shipping nightmare called "peak" for FedEx, UPS and the USPS.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 07:03 PM

Let us know when your game arrives, family. I know how hard the waiting is for a game that you have wanted to play for so long.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 07:13 PM

i will let you guys know.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 07:26 PM

I hope your game arrives soon family!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 08:37 PM

so do i, i am not the only one,as i said a bunch of us still do not have our game.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 08:47 PM

In the past, HeR Interactive would start shipping the games out to folks who had preordered such that they would receive their games before the release date. Somehow I am not surprised that with the new HeR Interactive, they started shipping them two days after the game had been released. Where is the incentive for preordering now?

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 09:16 PM

They haven't even released a press release for gaming outlets. They have no clue what they are doing there.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/07/19 09:47 PM

they are talking about it on the message boards, which are mess up.
Posted By: skeeter93

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/08/19 12:17 PM

My problem is playing the new game gives me motion sickness - after an hour I had to go to bed with a cracking headache. It's disappointing because I knew I could always play Nancy Drew games without feeling ill. I really did hope that this one would be okay. After reading a few comments I'm not sure I'm missing out on too much, but it's sad that I probably won't be able to play future games either. I will give it another try at some point... does anyone know if you really need to look up and down? I did a lot of it in the tutorial room, and there wasn't anything there anyway.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/08/19 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by skeeter93
does anyone know if you really need to look up and down?

Yes. There are some locations where you find evidence high up or on the ground.

My problem is playing the new game gives me motion sickness - after an hour I had to go to bed with a cracking headache.

See if closing your eyes before clicking the movement arrows for turning or looking up or down helps at all. Yes it's a nuisance to have to do that.

I wonder if it would be possible to turn off the transitions to make the game more snapshot-like -- so you don't have your view being swiped sideways all the time while you're looking around a room. Is there a configuration file somewhere that would do it?

Maybe the option to turn off transitions should be something that HER adds to their next game.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/09/19 04:39 PM

it is coming saturday 12-14-19, they gave me a tracking number, and how to track it.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/09/19 04:47 PM

Okay, good to know.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/09/19 05:35 PM

Happy to hear it's on the way. You've been waiting so long!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/09/19 05:59 PM

so has a lot of people.

Little Jackalope wrote this on the blog,

Little Jackalope says:

December 4, 2019 at 4:02 pm

"With the Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Thanksgiving sales, shipping may get backed up in postal. Please keep an eye out for your email that says it has shipped. There should be a tracking number included."

I have no idea what Black Friday (11/29), Cyber Monday (12/2) or Thanksgiving (11/28) have to do with a 12/03 release date, and FYI they posted this on Facebook:

"Please Note: Due to a high volume of orders and the holidays, our distribution partner is experiencing a delay in shipping out physical copies of Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem. As soon as the game ships you will receive confirmation and tracking information. We anticipate that all the physical copies will be shipped by the end of the week. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for supporting HeR Interactive and Nancy Drew Games!"

I haven't got my physical copy yet either, or a shipping email. on the boards they are angry, it is a mess, they have some reviews.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/09/19 07:27 PM

the only thing i willl miss is the easter eggs and phone charms location, i hope they post it.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/11/19 06:58 PM

I don't know about Easter eggs, but being as there is no bonus edition of the game being released, there are no phone charms.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/11/19 07:17 PM

I took a chance & I've been playing the game for over 6 hours so haven't finished it yet.

My problem is playing the new game gives me motion sickness - after an hour I had to go to bed with a cracking headache. It's disappointing because I knew I could always play Nancy Drew games without feeling ill. I really did hope that this one would be okay. After reading a few comments I'm not sure I'm missing out on too much, but it's sad that I probably won't be able to play future games either. I will give it another try at some point... does anyone know if you really need to look up and down? I did a lot of it in the tutorial room, and there wasn't anything there anyway.

I suffer from motion sickness too but what I found was that you can look all around & move by just using the on-screen directional arrows. (Reminded me of The Carol Reed games actually!) There are places where you do have to use the 3D facility where you do on occasion have to look up & down but just in certain locations i.e. not all the time.

I can't understand why it's taken another 4 + years for another ND game to turn up but I thought this game was far better, apart from Sea of Darkness, than the few games prior to that & I like this one a lot. It's got the ND feel & for me has, if not perfect, gone in the right direction.
The story's very good as is the voice-acting . It's perhaps not as puzzle heavy as some games but there was enough to fox me! Please don't be put off & give it a go. thumbsup

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/11/19 07:45 PM

I really appreciate your posting your opinions about the game, chrissie - thank you! wave

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/11/19 08:05 PM

Yes, thanks chrissie!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/12/19 12:00 AM

[/.[spoilerIn the plant when you look at the trash in the living room
]
they found one, i do not know about others.
Posted By: skeeter93

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/12/19 11:43 AM

Thank you chrissie and Jenny100. I will give it another try, but probably not soon. I feel kind of ill thinking about it. I have managed some other games with similar movements by playing in small bursts.
Posted By: jazzriver

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/13/19 03:50 PM

The thing that bugged me was the constant movement of the characters. The odd head movements and the way they flayed their arms. It looked like they were making claw hands for no apparent reason. And Joe looked as if he had to go to the bathroom all of the time. The constant swaying of the characters is also a distraction. Plus the characters arms etc go through other characters. Deirdre's neck is way too long and she looks like a bad photo shopped photo where someone else's head is put on another body.
There is way too much dialogue in the game. And you can't do as much snooping which I miss. There aren't many puzzles.

Plus, and this is just me, but I don't like having to play as Frank. I play these games to be Nancy Drew. But like I said, it's just a quirk with me.

The game just doesn't have the ND feel to it. It's boring. Plus navigation is awkward. Every time you wish to go somewhere another character is in your way. I understand that HeR wants their games on mobile so they switched to the Unity platform. But this game looks like it was thrown together at the last minute. There's no way they spend 5 years on this game.

The way HeR has treated fans over these last five years has lost them many fans. And they are still treating fans with the same disregard when it comes to the shipping of physical copies of the games. Those games should have been shipped before the release date of the digital games.

And incidentally my order for a physical copy (I have physical copies of all ND games) was cancelled with no reason given. HeR had charged my credit card. I sent them numerous emails which they ignored. Then I received an email telling me if I wanted a refund to return the game to them.
Seriously. How can I return a game I never received, from an order that was cancelled? HeR Interactive used to be a good company but then they fired most of the employees. I ended up getting the game on steam. But it seems unlikely that I will get my money back for the order that was cancelled. I have filed a claim with the credit card company. These shady business practices have made me decide I will never purchase anything from HeR again.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/13/19 04:32 PM

I pretty much agree with your critique of the game, jazzriver. I also don't believe they spent five years on this game; I would say about a year and a half would be closer to the mark. They outsourced the game to many different places including Austria and Vietnam and I think that the game was rushed in some ways.

And yes, I have been reading that many people have had their preordered physical copy canceled with no explanation.

One thing I do know is that those who *have* received physical copies of the game received insert cover art where the title of the game was missing on both the front and the side. Understandably, a lot of people were complaining about this - it's hard to believe that they could have been shipped out that way with no one having noticed this? If you don't believe that, however, then you must conclude that they were aware of this mistake and either didn't care or hoped no one would notice. At any rate, the insert looked like a high school project gone bad. People are now writing to the company asking for replacements.

All of this is by way of saying that perhaps they started canceling preorders in an effort to do damage control due to the above. Whatever the reason, it's just crazy, and to add to the madness people are saying that you can still order a physical copy of the game from their website.

I never thought I would find myself saying what I am about to say, because I *loved* the old HeR Interactive before they fired their entire development team and the new CEO took over, but this company has since managed to descend to pathological depths of dishonesty, gaslighting, and ineptitude - and it's almost scary at this point.

I find this so incredibly sad. I wish there were a way to bring the old company and its employees back. In the space of time that it took to get Midnight in Salem, we would have had nine (!) new Nancy Drew games. Just imagine! sad

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/13/19 06:07 PM

Since I don't play the Nancy Drew games, I have refrained from commenting. But this just seems to be spiraling further and further down a rat-hole. The company seems to be lurching from one disaster to another and no one seems to be in charge. I too just find it incredibly sad - seems like an adventure game success story destroyed by incompetence.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/13/19 06:47 PM

Very sad to read all this. I am glad for sure now though, that I felt the physical game was too expensive to order.

Marian, did you finish the game now? How was the story? I'm really more of a "how the game plays" person but it helps it if the story is good.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/13/19 07:14 PM

I haven't had a chance to finish the game yet, oldbroad. I've been really busy this past week. I'll let you know when I do.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/13/19 10:54 PM

mine has not been cancelled , i would know, it is still on the way.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/13/19 11:16 PM

I am glad your order was not canceled, family!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 04:58 AM

it says Scheduled delivery:Monday 12/16/2019 by end of day,what ever it mean, i like the old tracking.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 06:00 AM

By end of day means by 7 or 8 pm where I live.
Posted By: TLC

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 02:55 PM

I got the game yesterday and just installed it. santadance Anyone have it and started it yet? I'm hoping its worth the wait. reindeer santa

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 03:40 PM

There are many negative opinions and one relatively positive one on the other MIS thread. Once you start, let us know what you think!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 03:49 PM

I just started and stuck already. lol Have no idea what to do in the room, it starts in. duh12 santa

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 04:15 PM

I merged your post with our existing Midnight in Salem thread, TLC.

There are video walkthroughs on YouTube, but if you need more help than that, please post in the Hints forum. wave12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 04:19 PM

no, mine is in transit, has not been updated.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 06:20 PM

Just found a review of the game here that does a very thorough job of covering the positives and the negatives.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 07:34 PM

marian, thank you, but all i want is my games the last update is on december 10, and Departed FedEx location
SHAKOPEE, MN, in transit, i ddo not know what is going on, are where it is.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 07:53 PM

I don't blame you for being upset, family. A lot of people who preordered are wondering why their games haven't arrived yet.

I thought you said earlier that the game was scheduled to be delivered today? Does it still tell you that on the tracking information?

If the game left Minnesota four days ago and is still in transit, I would think it will be arriving in Georgia quite soon if it hasn't already. Not sure if Fed Ex Ground delivers on the weekends where you are.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 07:57 PM

i am not sure either, but the last update is tuesday.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 08:00 PM

And it does not give an estimated date of delivery?

Sometimes when an item shows as being "in transit," I am not shown updates until it arrives in my state at the location where the package is going to be put on the truck and the driver will be going out for delivery.

If your game isn't here by Monday, you could try doing what this player did - this is from the HeR Interactive message board:

And on top of that, I preordered it the day after the orders started and still haven't gotten it. But, I emailed customer service about it and they sent me a link for a digital download, no questions asked.

That way you could begin playing the game while waiting for your order to arrive.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 08:11 PM

i have a new date decebmer 16 end of the day, i email customer service, and that is what i got.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 08:15 PM

That makes sense to me if Fed Ex Ground doesn't deliver on the weekends; therefore, it should be arriving on Monday.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 08:21 PM

if you want i can give you the tracking number, but everytime i use it no updates.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 08:30 PM

No, that's okay; I don't think you will see another update now until Monday.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 08:43 PM

thank you very much, i will wait for monday.
Posted By: Sassy

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 10:42 PM

My game arrived yesterday and when I checked the route it was amazing. rolleyes
12-6 sent to FedEx Rogers,MN
12-9 William, IA FedEx
Iliff, CO FedEx
12-10 Henderson, CO FedEx
12-11 Aurora, CO FedEx
12-12 Denver,CO FedEx
12-13 Denver,CO USPS 4:42 am
12-13 Denver, CO USPS 3:47pm delivered

Have patience Family. They could have delivered it by Mule Train and it might have
got here faster. whistle

They also told me it would be delivered on the 12th and then changed it to the 13th,
after I waited all day on the 12th for it. Also said sometime before the end of the day.

Was it worth the wait?.... I won't know for quite a while because I kinda need a new
puter to play it on. To order it, it was a few days before my Birthday in November and
it was the only present I got myself so I splurged. Yes it was probably more expensive than
it should have been, but I really wanted that #33 to go with the other 1 to 32 on the shelf.

From what I've read so far about the game, and I try not to read too much(don't want spoilers),
the thing I'm most disappointed with is the lack of puzzles. LOVE those puzzles and not real
big on dialog.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/14/19 11:10 PM

Sassy, be sure to come back and let us know what you think of the game after you have finished it.

Your package spent way too much time messing around in Colorado before it was delivered. wave12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/15/19 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Marian
And it does not give an estimated date of delivery?

Sometimes when an item shows as being "in transit," I am not shown updates until it arrives in my state at the location where the package is going to be put on the truck and the driver will be going out for delivery.

If your game isn't here by Monday, you could try doing what this player did - this is from the HeR Interactive message board:

And on top of that, I preordered it the day after the orders started and still haven't gotten it. But, I emailed customer service about it and they sent me a link for a digital download, no questions asked.

That way you could begin playing the game while waiting for your order to arrive.

I highly doubt that HeR would just give a digital download with no questions asked. And if they did without reimbursing shipping charges then that person got taken.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/15/19 07:54 PM

Jazzriver, what I assumed the poster meant by that is that the company gave her a download link while she was waiting for her physical order to arrive; in other words, she would end up with both the physical copy and the download. I also assumed they had her order number so could see that she had indeed ordered the game (and paid for it) already.

The company, by the way, blocked/banned me from their Facebook page a few days ago. They apparently found what I was saying objectionable in some way. What I thought I was doing was speaking the truth, but I guess this was deemed unacceptable. Nothing like being infused with the holiday spirit. lol12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/15/19 08:19 PM

my 19 game will not install, so i email them, with pictures, , that what the download go for.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/15/19 08:48 PM

Hmm, other people have complained about not getting their games and were not offered a digital download. I hope that they did offer the digital game.
But I don't think they would give someone two games for the price of one since they are obviously in financial trouble. Unless she is to sent the physical game back to them once it arrives.

I filed a claim for a refund and they did indeed question everything. They demanded all sorts in info in order to look into it.

I am not surprised that they blocked you. They have no tolerance for the truth.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/15/19 08:56 PM

Oh, nice, Marian. They are just oozing that Christmas spirit, aren't they!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/15/19 09:04 PM

no i meant i would only want 1 digital download. for nancy drew 19,, it will not install, i am not worried about mid any more,, all i have to do is bug them if it does not come monday, i can do that.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/15/19 09:38 PM

The company, by the way, blocked/banned me from their Facebook page a few days ago. They apparently found what I was saying objectionable in some way. What I thought I was doing was speaking the truth, but I guess this was deemed unacceptable. Nothing like being infused with the holiday spirit. lol12

shame12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/15/19 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by family
no i meant i would only want 1 digital download. for nancy drew 19,, it will not install, i am not worried about mid any more,, all i have to do is bug them if it does not come monday, i can do that.

Oh I was referring to the person who claimed to have gotten a free MID digital download with no questions asked.

I hope you get 19 download. There are places you can get it cheaper than from HeR. As a last resort.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/15/19 11:35 PM

i just want a repplacement.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/15/19 11:45 PM

The company, by the way, blocked/banned me from their Facebook page a few days ago. They apparently found what I was saying objectionable in some way. What I thought I was doing was speaking the truth, but I guess this was deemed unacceptable.

They can't handle the truth. razz

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/16/19 12:11 AM

jazzriver i uninstall 16, 18, 19 of nancy drew, was able to reinstall 16 and 18, but 19, which i email them, i use cccleaners , did not work except sign me out, i was the one you thought was trying to get 2 games and i am not, i am going be ban if i have to rebuy it.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/16/19 12:28 AM

i use cccleaners , did not work

You may have to run it more than once.
Let ccleaner fix all registry problems it finds. Then run it again and let it fix problems.
Repeat until it finds no more registry problems.

Also if there is a game folder for #19 (Castle Malloy) left after uninstalling it, be sure to delete the game folder manually before running ccleaner.

Is this a game on disc or a download?

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/16/19 01:06 AM

And are you running the REGISTRY cleaner, family? It sounds like you just ran the regular cleaner because you said it signed you out. That won't help. As Jenny says, you have to run the REGISTRY cleaner.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/16/19 01:06 AM

it finally work, i was clicking easy clean, but 1 of my disc is bad.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/16/19 03:25 AM

Wow!!! Just wow.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/16/19 04:31 AM

never mind i finally install it, i uninstall 24 then install 24, then the game and now it is install.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/16/19 04:10 PM

No, I know you're not the person who claimed to have gotten a free download no questions asked. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
That person was on the HeR forums. I just don't believe that HeR would give her a free download (because she hadn't received her physical copy) with no questions asked.

As to your problem, yeah HeR should definitely help you out.
Posted By: judith

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/16/19 04:12 PM

Why do I fave a feeling that we are never going to see another Nancy Drew again, I think we are seeing the beginning of the end of Her Interactive. There is no way I'm buying this game, there is just too much garbage floating around about it. I have all the others & will play them occasionally.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/16/19 05:31 PM

Scheduled delivery:Monday 12/16/2019 by end of day
IN TRANSIT
Departed FedEx location
SHAKOPEE, MN
GET STATUS UPDATES
FROM
LINO LAKES, MN US

TO
MARIETTA, GA US

Travel History
Shipment Facts

Tuesday , 12/10/201910:17 pmSHAKOPEE, MN
Departed FedEx location
Monday , 12/09/20195:14 pmSHAKOPEE, MN
Arrived at FedEx location
Saturday , 12/07/20197:39 amSHAKOPEE, MN
At local FedEx facility
1:19 amSAINT PAUL, MN
Departed FedEx location
Friday , 12/06/20194:34 amSAINT PAUL, MN
Thursday , 12/05/20192:12 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx, nothing by the 11 of december are today scan by fedex.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/16/19 05:34 PM

Looks like it is supposed to be delivered today.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/16/19 06:01 PM

i wish fedex update it, i hope they know how..

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 03:19 AM

my Scheduled delivery:Pending, i email for updates, i hate fedex.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 03:45 AM

I hope it's just being held up due to the holiday and not lost!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 01:40 PM

I have never had problems with Fed Ex; on the contrary, they have always been very reliable. Not sure what's going on with your order. frown12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 06:40 PM

call fedex coming on saturday.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 06:54 PM

That stinks. frown12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 07:01 PM

that is the best they can do, fedex is runnung slow because of the hoildays.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 07:01 PM

Like Marian, I've never had problems with FedEx, but that's just crazy! mad12
Posted By: Outlast

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 07:04 PM

My game is also caught up somewhere in the Fedex network. It says its out for delivery, but it said that yesterday too. I paid more than $9 shipping which should've been more then enough to mail it priority mail at the PO and it would've been here in three or four days.

I know its been said over and over again but this whole situation is massively frustrating.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 07:10 PM

That is terrible, Outlast. I don't understand why this is happening and why this seems to be affecting so many people who ordered from Digital River.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 07:30 PM

That's the question. Why did it take so long to even begin shipping physical copies? I still have no physical copy or a refund. And have had no response from HeR. duh thumbsdown

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 09:01 PM

I wish I had something useful to suggest. Jazzriver, I assume you have called Digital River and spoken to them?

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 10:17 PM

no i called 1 (800) 463-3339 and they help me out it is fedex phone number, and updated it,
Monday , 12/16/201911:40 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST OSSEO, MN
Departed FedEx location
At local FedEx facility
Departed FedEx location
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 11:29 PM

I looked at your shipping information, family, and the problem seems to be that Fed Ex Smartpost is involved.

I found this site here - check out the customer reviews and complaints - keep scrolling down the page until you get to the customer comments. I knew there had to be something else going on or you would have received your package by now.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 11:34 PM

Smartpost is often involved these days. I've never had a problem with it. But it doesn't usually go to smartpost until it is ready to go out for delivery as far as I recall.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 11:39 PM

That's good to know, oldbroad. I hadn't heard of it before. Apparently the post office ends up delivering it. I know UPS sometimes drops things off at the post office, who then deliver it, but I didn't know that Fed Ex is doing it as well.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 11:42 PM

thank you very much, now i know the problem, but i think her used it.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 11:50 PM

Well, I can't know for sure, but Smartpost is a different thing than Fed Ex Ground all the way to your house (which is what I was assuming was going on).

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/17/19 11:55 PM

Yes, it shouldn't be turned over to the post office until it's in your area ready to be delivered to you. Your tracking looks like it's still in MN being turned over to the post office. ?? That's not right and why the package has been in MN all this time is not right either.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/18/19 12:07 AM

Yes, it shouldn't be turned over to the post office until it's in your area ready to be delivered to you. Your tracking looks like it's still in MN being turned over to the post office. ?? That's not right and why the package has been in MN all this time is not right either.

Right. That makes no sense at all.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/18/19 12:45 AM

i do not know.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/18/19 01:14 AM

Fed Ex is a nightmare where I live! UPS gets it here in no time, Fed Ex is 4 times longer. Sorry you all are having troubles. You should not have had to wait so long for your copy.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/18/19 04:22 PM

I wish I had something useful to suggest. Jazzriver, I assume you have called Digital River and spoken to them?

I have emailed and called. They put me on hold and forgot about me. I think they did it on purpose. lol.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/18/19 05:00 PM

i am glad my package is enjoying mn, as soon as it get here, the tour is over..

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/18/19 06:23 PM

i am glad my package is enjoying mn, as soon as it get here, the tour is over..

lol12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/18/19 06:48 PM

family and everyone else, I hope you get the game soon. I think its the best one besides the 3rd game Message in a Haunted Mansion. santadance

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/18/19 06:49 PM

I am happy to hear that you are liking the game, TLC. wave12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/18/19 06:52 PM

I am happy to hear that you are liking the game, TLC. wave12

Thanks Marian. wavegirl I'm still stuck on the cypher but overall, its a great game. santadance
Posted By: Outlast

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/19/19 04:31 AM

Update - my game arrived today!!! I hope everyone else that is sitting out there waiting gets their game soon too.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/19/19 05:27 AM

That's good Outlast. I hope the wait was worth it.

Any update on yours family?

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/19/19 02:34 PM

i am happy Thursday , 12/19/20192:54 amFEDEX SMARTPOST OSSEO, MN
Departed FedEx location
Departed FedEx location
At local FedEx facility
Departed FedEx location
Shipment information sent to FedEx, that is wonderful.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/19/19 02:48 PM

family, this is the norm for all Fedex packages I get. It is absolutely ridiculous! I'm glad it's finally moving again!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/19/19 03:40 PM

ana this is horrible.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/19/19 06:56 PM

I guess movement is good but there is no reason it should sit in one place for all that time!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/19/19 09:41 PM

Still no game here. I think I've given up hope. Although I did receive an email from HeR stating they couldn't (?) give me a refund.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/19/19 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by jazzriver
Still no game here. I think I've given up hope. Although I did receive an email from HeR stating they couldn't (?) give me a refund.

That makes no sense at all. Why on earth can't they/Digital River give you a refund? I would not take no for an answer on that one.

Did you use a credit card to pay for the game? If so, you can file a complaint with your credit card company. Make sure to hang on to the refusal email from HeR.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/19/19 10:31 PM

I think that "c" should be replaced with a "w." I agree with Marian. I'd dispute the charge with your CC.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/19/19 10:41 PM

Ditto here. Dispute the charge with your CC company.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/20/19 04:15 PM

now myy gamme is moving, but i still get this Thursday , 12/19/20198:50 pmBENTON, IL
In transit
2:54 amFEDEX SMARTPOST OSSEO, MN
Departed FedEx location
Departed FedEx location
At local FedEx facility
Departed FedEx location
Shipment information sent to FedEx, i be glad when it updates.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/20/19 04:23 PM

Unbelievable, family. I have never seen anything even remotely like this in all my years of having deliveries from Fed Ex.

At least it is in a different state now. rolleyes

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/20/19 05:15 PM

anas state.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/20/19 09:35 PM

I could probably get it to you quicker, family! lol

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/21/19 03:59 AM

now this is the updated, Friday , 12/20/20197:38 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST ELLENWOOD, GA
Thursday , 12/19/20198:50 pmBENTON, IL
In transit
Departed FedEx location
Departed FedEx location
At local FedEx facility
Departed FedEx location
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/21/19 05:09 AM

Hey, it made it to GA! Hopefully, you'll have it soon!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/21/19 03:37 PM

i hope so, it been a long wait.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/22/19 08:03 PM

No one should have had to wait for their game as long as you have. Absolutely disgraceful.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/23/19 11:37 PM

Adventure Gamers has posted a review of the game here.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/23/19 11:50 PM

Thanks Marian!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/24/19 03:51 AM

this is what i haave now, Monday , 12/23/20193:05 pmMARIETTA, GA
In transit
In transit to U.S. Postal Service
12:51 pmMARIETTA, GA
At U.S. Postal Service facility
Accepted by U.S. Postal Service
1:56 amFEDEX SMARTPOST ELLENWOOD, GA
Departed FedEx location
1:26 am
Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
Friday , 12/20/20197:38 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST ELLENWOOD, GA
In transit
Departed FedEx location
Departed FedEx location
At local FedEx facility
Departed FedEx location
Shipment information sent to FedEx, and this
U.S. Postal Service will deliver this shipment. Please check where your U.S. Mail is typically delivered.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/24/19 04:54 AM

I was wondering if you had received it or not. Well, it's getting closer. Maybe you will receive it Tuesday. Check the tracking early to see if it is out for delivery.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/24/19 03:49 PM

here it is Tuesday , 12/24/20197:10 amMARIETTA, GA
Out for delivery
Out for delivery with the U.S. Postal Service
Monday , 12/23/20193:05 pmMARIETTA, GA
In transit
In transit to U.S. Postal Service
12:51 pmMARIETTA, GA
At U.S. Postal Service facility
Accepted by U.S. Postal Service
1:56 amFEDEX SMARTPOST ELLENWOOD, GA
Departed FedEx location
1:26 am
Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
Friday , 12/20/20197:38 pmFEDEX SMARTPOST ELLENWOOD, GA
In transit
Departed FedEx location
Departed FedEx location
At local FedEx facility
Departed FedEx location
Shipment information sent to FedEx, i updated so much it is not funny.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/24/19 04:10 PM

Looks like it will arrive today. Whew! Let us know. wave12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/24/19 04:48 PM

So, nearly 20 days in transit. RIDICULOUS! Fed Ex should have some explaining to do here!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/24/19 05:03 PM

you are telling me.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/24/19 08:07 PM

came today installing now.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/24/19 08:20 PM

came today installing now.

happydance12 happydance12 happydance12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/24/19 08:27 PM

FINALLY!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/24/19 08:34 PM

it was on a 20 day tour.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/24/19 08:50 PM

Thank Goodness family! I was so afraid the next thing you would tell us was that you had a "porch pirate"!

I so hope you enjoy the game after waiting all this time, not just for the delivery, but for the years it took for the game to come out!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/24/19 09:27 PM

And I hope it runs okay on your computer. I had to turn some of my settings down in order to get it to run acceptably.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/25/19 02:11 AM

runs great on window 8.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/25/19 03:03 AM

I am glad to hear that. thumbsup12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/25/19 04:17 AM

Good to hear that! Let us know how you like the game family. wave12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/25/19 07:46 PM

I'm wondering how you like the game too, family!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/25/19 09:09 PM

i have to get ready and look beatiful for the in laws, tomorrow laundry, friday cooking class.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/25/19 09:28 PM

lol12
Posted By: Mad

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/25/19 09:53 PM

So happy you have the game at last, family bravo

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/28/19 05:43 PM

i am going to wait to print a walkthrought, i can not play it without one.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/28/19 06:00 PM

Apart from the downloadable digital strategy guide, I don't know if there will be any written walkthroughs for this game. I will let you know if I see one.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/28/19 06:04 PM

There is a walkthrough here
https://walkthrough-guide.com/nancy-drew-midnight-in-salem/

The walkthrough uses these abbreviations:

LMB = left mouse button
RMB = right mouse button

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/28/19 06:11 PM

Thanks, Jenny! wave12

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 12/28/19 06:28 PM

thanks jenny.
Posted By: meryl

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/03/20 11:37 AM

With all the problems associated with the receipt of this game and HER/Digital River's treatment of its customers I think we may be looking at the death knell of the Nancy Drew story.

It's a pity as this game wasn't too bad and I enjoyed playing it. I thought it had a very strong story and some unusual puzzles although not enough of them. The characterisation and voice acting of Deidre and Mei was particularly strong. Unfortunately this somewhat eclipsed Nancy; throughout the game Nancy's new voice actor seemed to be struggling to find the right register and if it were not for the sub titles I was hard put to know just who was speaking. Lani Minella, although capable of many voices, locked on to a "Nancy" voice which remained consistent in register and delivery throughout a game.

I miss the old Nancy drew music - sure -but this isn't the reason I found most of the music dire. It didn't seem all that well integrated into the story and the action. At the times when it should have given me a sense of jeopardy it failed to do so. The sound levels were too high and the settings had to be constantly adjusted so that one could hear the dialogue, of which there was way too much.

I liked the new navigation of being able to see up and down and around by use of the right mouse button. But all those waving arms and characters shuffling for no reason were just distracting.

By far and away the most disappointing thing about this game was the glitches that made it crash and which had to be worked around. I don't think I've ever experiened a glitch in any of the previous games.

Overall this game had some very good elements but it seemed to be cobbled together, like something built by a committee. I uninstalled it after finishing the game as i don't think it is worth a replay.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/03/20 08:32 PM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the game meryl!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/03/20 09:22 PM

It's worth noting that the person who did the music for the game is the husband of the new voice of Nancy Drew. I suspect that the CEO was looking for someone who was willing to work more cheaply than the previous composers for the past 32 ND games and this may very well be why this new person was used; this arrangement would have proved to be very convenient, I would think.

And your comment, meryl, about it having been built by a committee is quite apt. If you look at the credits, there are a dizzying number of places this game was outsourced to including Austria and Vietnam. Way too many people involved that probably were not all on the same page, to put it kindly. It sounds like you liked the game more than I did. I thought it basically took everything that made the ND games unique, creative, and interesting, and tossed all of that out, unfortunately. Considering the CEO got rid of all of the people who were responsible for making the games unique, creative, and interesting, this came as no real surprise.

The graphics and glitches are quite horrible and it's obvious to me that the programming of the game is very poor. I honestly can't believe that everyone involved with this game thought that the graphics were acceptable? A comparison to the Sims 2 is really not an exaggeration. I think the graphics from the ND games of the 2000s look better than these did. And I don't even care that much about graphics, but the character models were a train wreck.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/10/20 12:38 AM

waiting for 901 color printer ink at walmart.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/10/20 12:51 AM

I wondered if you had started the game, family. I am also very sorry about your foot.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/10/20 02:12 AM

thank you, not til ii get the second ink, and print the walkthrought, walmmart did not have 901 tri color ink.
Posted By: DadsFavorite

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/19/20 04:38 PM

I, too, waited forever to get the game but what's a few weeks in comparison to the year+ we all had to wait to get the game. I was so excited then I started playing it. What a disappointment! I actually wrote HerInteractive to voice my regret in this purchase. The game is mostly cutscenes and dialogue (which has really poor layout and punctuation - get an English major people), and very little gameplay. I also didn't enjoy the snarky sidekick; this addition seems to allow making insulting comments as acceptable behaviour. Where's the Anti-Bullying League when you need them? If they make another game, I would definitely wait to read reviews before purchasing it.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/19/20 05:01 PM

welcome to GameBoomers, DadsFavorite.

Why the company can't be bothered to hire a proofreader/editor is something that has been a mystery to me ever since the new CEO came on board in 2014. The digital strategy guide had two misspelled words in the Table of Contents alone. I did not look at the guide any further because I was too disgusted to continue.

A company that doesn't even bother to run its text through a spellchecker shows me that they are both lazy and sloppy. A spellchecker is no substitute for a good editor, but both of the aforementioned errors would have been caught by a spellchecker. I would love to hear them explain how this could happen, especially considering the fact that they are often pointing out that their focus is on education as well as entertainment.

The game series ended with Sea of Darkness as far as I am concerned. And unless the present CEO re-hires the in-house development team that she fired back in 2015, it will remain that way.

Posted By: DadsFavorite

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/19/20 05:46 PM

Total agreement.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/19/20 06:12 PM

print both walkthrought and how to get all the achievements, i am not sure about game 34,, i read on the message boards when we finished the game no end teaser,, your guess is better than mine.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/19/20 06:39 PM

Are you playing yet family? You may not want a game 34.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/19/20 06:43 PM

yes, stuck opening desk, but found my problem, with, both, you need to expand the key, so starting over.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/19/20 06:54 PM

Good luck. I do hope you enjoy the game!

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/21/20 02:35 PM

the walkthrought jenny gave me has no pictures, my color ink is $32, and my black is $17, so printing pictures and 3 walkthrought is not funny and ii am not rich.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/21/20 02:36 PM

family, didn't your boxed version come with the companion guide or am I wrong?

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/21/20 02:50 PM

no, i juust buy one ink of each, not the double, but itt is okkaay, the thirrd is by michael gray.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/21/20 03:22 PM

Ana, a digital strategy guide is all that HeR was offering for Midnight in Salem whether you got the download or the DVD.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/21/20 03:23 PM

boxed version, it was only 5 pictures, i did't know michael gray start doing printable walkthroughts.
Posted By: Susie07

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/21/20 04:55 PM

Hi, Marian!

<<It's worth noting that the person who did the music for the game is the husband of the new voice of Nancy Drew. I suspect that the CEO was looking for someone who was willing to work more cheaply than the previous composers for the past 32 ND games and this may very well be why this new person was used; this arrangement would have proved to be very convenient, I would think.

And your comment, meryl, about it having been built by a committee is quite apt. If you look at the credits, there are a dizzying number of places this game was outsourced to including Austria and Vietnam. Way too many people involved that probably were not all on the same page, to put it kindly. It sounds like you liked the game more than I did. I thought it basically took everything that made the ND games unique, creative, and interesting, and tossed all of that out, unfortunately. Considering the CEO got rid of all of the people who were responsible for making the games unique, creative, and interesting, this came as no real surprise.

The graphics and glitches are quite horrible and it's obvious to me that the programming of the game is very poor. I honestly can't believe that everyone involved with this game thought that the graphics were acceptable? A comparison to the Sims 2 is really not an exaggeration. I think the graphics from the ND games of the 2000s look better than these did. And I don't even care that much about graphics, but the character models were a train wreck.>>

When I bought my first Nancy Drew game, I thoroughly enjoyed it (mainly because I read most of the original Nancy Drew books while growing up) and I never considered them to be for kids. I then bought all the ones I had missed and picked up the new ones as soon as they were released. I don't know what changed, but I began to enjoy them less and less so skipped the last few. I was thinking about buying "Midnight to Salem" but, thanks to your comments above (and those of other posters), I'll pass. A lot can be said for familiarity, and there doesn't seem to be much of that in the new game. It's sad that someone has trashed what was once a profitable and entertaining franchise.

Susan

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/21/20 05:06 PM

I enjoyed all 32 of the original ND games plus the 2 Dossier games, Susan, but this game was lacking most or all of the ingredients that contributed to my enjoyment of the games. Not surprising, really, since none of the same people worked on it. It is indeed really sad that one person came along and trashed the franchise - until it actually happened, I would not have believed that was even possible.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/21/20 06:40 PM

Hi, Marian!

How could I have forgotten about the 2 Dossier games because they were the second and third games I bought from Big Fish after I joined (the first was "3 Cards to Midnight" <G>). I was really disappointed when they stopped developing them because both were a lot of fun. I just checked BF to see which ND games they have, and I think there are a couple I haven't played, so I may pick them up with a coupon if they are not considered CEs.

Sometimes change is good but, unfortunately, not in this case.

Susan

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/21/20 06:49 PM

None of the ND games on Big Fish are considered CEs. Over the years I have picked them up with coupon codes so that I can play the games as downloads rather than using my original CDs, which I appreciate.

I loved the Dossier games but unfortunately they did not sell well enough to continue them. I really would have liked to have played the third game in the series - Ship of Shadows.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/21/20 08:58 PM

Hi, Marian!

Thanks for the info. I have a couple of coupon codes that will expire next month, so I can use them to buy the Nancy Drew games I don't have. It's too bad the Dossier games weren't popular because I really enjoyed them. And they even gave the game they didn't release a name <sniff, sniff>.

I prefer the downloads as well because I'm trying to de-clutter and more boxed games will not help the situation lol !

Susan

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/24/20 11:26 PM

i am taking a break, my foot is black and i want too keep it off the floor, it is the left foot.
Posted By: k28d13j11

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/30/20 05:06 PM

Hello,
I would like to know, if the actual Nancy Drew - midnight in Salem is actually out or is it the teaser, thank you,

kathy

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/30/20 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by k28d13j11
Hello,
I would like to know, if the actual Nancy Drew - midnight in Salem is actually out or is it the teaser, thank you,

kathy

The game was released on December 3rd. wave
Posted By: k28d13j11

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/30/20 08:20 PM

thank you, because when i go to the her website, it shows the teaser, that you can buy, I am looking for the full pc game.
thank you

kathy

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/30/20 08:23 PM

You can get the game from Steam here.

You can get the game from HeR Interactive as well, but their download policy isn't as good as that of Steam. The company had 10,000 physical copies of the game to sell and after that it's digital only. I don't know if they have sold all 10,000 copies or not. The links for purchasing can be found on this page here.

The system requirements are quite a bit higher than those for previous ND games, so make sure that your computer meets them. I would also recommend reading some reviews to see if it is something that you want to purchase, as it is very unlike previous games and it is made by an entirely different development team.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/31/20 01:08 AM

felling better, buying hand held mixer and speaker to play the game.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 01/31/20 02:11 AM

I am glad you are feeling better, family.

Re: HeR Interactive releases Nancy Drew #33: Midnight in Salem - 02/04/20 02:43 PM

bought both mixer is $$50 and speaker $10.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community