GB HOMEPAGE

Beyond a Steel Sky Release Update

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Beyond a Steel Sky Release Update - 12/08/19 04:24 AM

Beyond a Steel Sky will be releasing in 2020.

From the very outset, our vision has been to make Beyond a Steel Sky our most ambitious adventure to date. We re-invented conceptual innovations going back to our earliest adventures.

We’re pleased to say this vision is very close to being realised, but – as the eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed – the original release date was penciled in as late 2019. Owing to a need to extend the development period, we can now confirm the launch of Beyond a Steel Sky will come a few months later in 2020.

This extra time is being used to ensure that we realise our vision: Integrating conceptual innovations like Virtual Theatre and system hacking into adventure gameplay; Innovating with graphics technology in ToonToy; Working closely with Dave Gibbons to create a beautiful visual style.

As a reminder, Beyond a Steel Sky will still be coming to Apple Arcade, PC, and console. You can wishlist the game on the Beyond a Steel Sky Steam store page - the game will be available through other stores, and we will update you closer to release.

We’ll confirm a release date early next year – I’m sure you’ll all appreciate, we don’t want to give a more precise date until we are absolutely confident of achieving it. :-)

In the interim, if you want to keep up with all updates and news, you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and you can also join our Discord Channel - a fantastic space to come and share your excitement for Beyond a Steel Sky, Broken Sword, or any of our other games!

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Beyond a Steel Sky Release Update - 12/08/19 05:49 AM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: connie

Re: Beyond a Steel Sky Release Update - 12/08/19 12:46 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Beyond a Steel Sky Release Update - 12/08/19 02:46 PM

Great news, Ana. I enjoyed the first game, Beneath a Steel Sky. smile
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Beyond a Steel Sky Release Update - 12/08/19 05:08 PM

Great. A few months delay is fine, its when it stretches into years is when people lose interest.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Beyond a Steel Sky Release Update - 12/08/19 11:19 PM

I well remember the first game and enjoyed it very much 👍

And never thought to see a sequel.

What a bonus !! dance
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Beyond a Steel Sky Release Update - 12/10/19 03:14 AM

I misread the title at first, and thought that it was a remake (which would also be a good idea). This is extremely interesting of course, especially with Charles Cecil still on board!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community