GB HOMEPAGE

Blade Runner released on GOG

Posted By: Marian

Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/17/19 03:13 PM

A lot of people were really hoping this would happen. Very exciting to see it show up on GOG today!

Blade Runner

It's a great day for adventure game fans. You can read more about this here. happydance12
Posted By: Mad

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/17/19 04:02 PM

Wow !! Wow !! And Wow !!

Thank you SO much for that info, Marian. Definitely going to GOG right after this visit to Gameboomers praise praise praise
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/17/19 04:03 PM

Thanks, Marian.

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/17/19 04:04 PM

You're welcome!

And I knew you would be thrilled with this news, Mad. santadance dance

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/17/19 04:38 PM

Got it !!!! yay12

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/17/19 04:54 PM

Me too! bravo12
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/17/19 06:20 PM

I played this game so long ago I dont remember much about it. I have to replay it, its one of my favorite all time movies.....
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/17/19 07:13 PM

Thanks Marian. I received an email regarding this and knew I'd find a post here! I guess I'm going to have to get the game now grin12.

2nd Edit. Well, I wishlisted it and watched the video. I'm quite sure I won't understand the story and don't know if I'll like the gameplay but I'll buy the game at some point anyway.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/18/19 12:36 AM

Thanks, Marian!
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/18/19 04:14 PM

I purchased the game and started it up just to see if I could remember anything about it. I couldnt put it down. Love it......
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/19/19 04:25 AM

Good news. This is one of my all time favorites.

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/19/19 04:18 PM

I now have the original disk release plus two "tweaked" for modern machine releases and now also this re-mastered version from GOG !!
[A bit excessive if you ask me lol]
Just love the game ....
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/27/19 12:23 AM

There is no such thing as a bit excessive where games are concerned Mad grin
Is this the game where there was a bomb puzzle that "modern" machines didn't give you time to complete without a slo-mo facility?

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/27/19 01:54 AM

Yes. There IS a difficult bomb scene in the game, flotsam, which I've always had to attempt several times whichever one of my versions I am playing .... including this latest one from GOG shocked

But I confess I can be a total Wimp when it comes to action sequences in Adventure games redface
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/27/19 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mad
I now have the original disk release plus two "tweaked" for modern machine releases and now also this re-mastered version from GOG !!
[A bit excessive if you ask me lol]
Just love the game ....

You can never have too many versions of a great game, you should see the number of versions I have of Final Fantasy Vii, Viii & IX. Were the graphics re-mastered in this version? If so, I may pick up another copy as well.

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/27/19 07:24 PM

The graphics are definitely an improvement on the original release, InlandAZ yes

[In her post to start this thread Marian provided a link to the site - which describes exactly what has been done - and it's very informative.]

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/27/19 09:06 PM

Thanks Mad. I will have to pick it up.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/27/19 09:59 PM

What are the game controls, is it point and click? CRS. wavegirl

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/28/19 12:14 AM

My rcollection is it's point and click
Posted By: revco

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/28/19 03:07 AM

It's point and click.

I'm not seeing the remastered aspect of this updated release. I have the older version I play from time to time and it looks the same...
Posted By: TLC

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/28/19 03:06 PM

Thanks. wavegirl

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/29/19 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by revco
It's point and click.

I'm not seeing the remastered aspect of this updated release. I have the older version I play from time to time and it looks the same...

Well, for me, there is a definite improvement when compared to the graphics of the original release yes

[And I am also re-finding-out just how easy it is to die !! lol]

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/31/19 09:34 PM

Getting near the end now but still enjoying every minute bravo12

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 12/31/19 09:58 PM

yay bravo12

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/01/20 07:33 PM

OK, OK, Mad. I went and bought it! Also 2 other games. And then I went and bought 3 games at Steam. I was so close to ignoring both sales. shocked

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/02/20 12:19 AM

Great, oldbroad laugh

Blade Runner has a few "actiony" moments but the game is well worth the patience needed to get through them yes

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/03/20 06:50 PM

Finished the game today and totally enjoyed it hamster

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/03/20 08:28 PM

woot
Posted By: Winx

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/06/20 03:27 AM

Just finished playing Blade Runner all the way through for the first time. I purchased the original box edition way back in 1997- indeed I still have it - but never managed to get very far into it.

Thanks to the handy GB walkthrough I accomplished it this time, though almost gave up at the rat and plank scene, until I discovered that the "glitch" still works.

Great game! And so reminiscent of the movie, which is one of my all time favourite films.

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/06/20 08:05 PM

Great game, isn't it ?? yes Despite the Bomb and the Rat !! laugh

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/07/20 02:02 AM

It kind of haunts you afterwards.

I must play it again and see what other outcomes are available.

It took me a while to beat the bomb, but I couldn't kill the rat up close. Fortunately there's a workaround where
if you kill the rat in the centre of the plank, but don't walk on it. Instead retreat to the previous screen, then return to the plank and the rat has disappeared and you can walk to the next scene without being attacked.
Saved my bacon!

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/07/20 04:01 AM

Yes. I know how to beat both the bomb and the rat laugh

(I think you should put that solution in a "spoiler" maybe think)

And there are different endings available - depending on your choices as you go through the game yes

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/07/20 04:10 AM

Winx, I added a spoiler tag to your comment. Please limit spoilers to the Hints forum if someone asks. Thanks so much!

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/07/20 05:35 AM

Apologies BrownEyedTigre, wasn't sure how to add a spoiler tag. Thanks for supplying one, but I thought people who were put off by the action scenes might find it encouraging that here's a way around that tricky situation.

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/07/20 02:26 PM

Winx, when posting a reply, select the Full Editor tab on the bottom of the reply box and select the loud speaker button, second from right. Anything typed between the spoiler tag will be hidden.
We still prefer it not be posted in Discussions if it's a hint because of the chance of spoiling someones game. Have a great day and I appreciate you trying to help those that may get stuck!

Ana
Posted By: ipad_Lover

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/09/20 12:22 AM

It was such a classic in its day, as good as the movie period.

Re: Blade Runner released on GOG - 01/09/20 12:52 AM

Once a Classic always a Classic ???? dance
© 2024 GameBoomers Community