GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game! - 12/22/19 01:54 AM

Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee (at several wrong places) is now available for free!

You can download Here.

A sequel to Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, and a prequel to Zak McKracken - Between Time and Space.

A classic point and click adventure game, paying homage to the Lucas Arts adventures of yore.

Remixing locations of the fan adventure game Zak McKracken - Between Time and Space, with several new locations added exclusively to this game. Tag along your favorite tabloid reporter as he stumbles into his latest adventure.

This is a one-person project, 8 years in the making.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game! - 12/22/19 02:00 AM

Thanks, Ana - it looks great! happydance12
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game! - 12/22/19 03:36 AM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game! - 12/22/19 05:11 AM

That's nice, thanks!
Posted By: connie

Re: Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game! - 12/22/19 02:24 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game! - 12/22/19 05:07 PM

Nice. And thanks for the info, BrownEyedTigre smile

[Only took minutes to download but a LOT longer to figure out how to get it to play !! lol ]
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game! - 12/22/19 05:37 PM

It would have been helpful if they had noted that you will need a third party extractor.
Posted By: mbday630

Re: Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game! - 12/22/19 08:24 PM

I have downloaded the game, and installed 2 different versions of the 7zip thing and I still can't run the game. It just goes blank. It does look like a game that I would like, but, I am not savvy enough to figure out how to get it.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game! - 12/22/19 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by mbday630
I have downloaded the game, and installed 2 different versions of the 7zip thing and I still can't run the game. It just goes blank. It does look like a game that I would like, but, I am not savvy enough to figure out how to get it.

All 7-zip does is extract the game folder from the file you downloaded.
7-zip doesn't run the game.
You need to run the game using the ZakMcKracken-HotCoffee.exe file.
It's possible the game is getting caught by your antivirus due to the antivirus not recognizing it as "Microsoft approved." In that case add the .exe to the antivirus' exclusions list so it isn't being scanned when you try to start the game.
I notice the game was updated an hour ago, so you might try downloading it again in case the update fixes a compatibility problem.
Posted By: mbday630

Re: Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game! - 12/22/19 10:05 PM

I will try that. thanks.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game! - 12/25/19 03:49 PM

I could never play the original. I bought it used and it turned out was incomplete. The game asked for a code I didn't have.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing Zac McKracken Goes Looking for Hot Coffee - New Free Game! - 12/25/19 08:01 PM

If the original is Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, it is on sale at GOG right now for $1.49.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community