GB HOMEPAGE

Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 02:33 PM

Dark Fall: Ghost Vigil is available DRM free on the developers store Here; if purchased from there, you will get the bundle which includes the Full Game Download, Environmental Soundtrack, Official Walkthrough and includes Jonathan's first game The Displacement (1999). You also get a Steam Key to be used when released on Steam in a week. If purchased from Steam or other portals you will get the game without the extras.

Check out the Gameplay Trailer here.

Check out the official website here.

Welcome to Ghost Vigil

Our aim is to prove the existence of 'ghosts' through paranormal experiments. The venue is Harwood House, boasting a disturbing history, waiting to be experienced, by you. We believe the building is haunted, not by a single unknown entity, but several. The O.P.G have placed several remote live cameras and experiments throughout the building.

Harwood House is now empty as it has been for 4 decades, but you can be the eyes in the dark... watching... waiting. Discover what happened.

The house was built in 1747, as a country home for Lord Harwood, his wife and young son, Edgar. The Harwood estate was modest, stretching to a few dark wooded hills, deep in the Oxfordshire countryside. A tragedy occurred, in 1749, when Lord Harwood lost his son to scarlet fever.

A mixed history then befell Harwood House; it was passed from one owner to another in quick succession. It would appear no-one wanted to stay, for long. In later years the house became a hotel, a maternity hospital and eventually, in 1968, a children's home known as Shangri La.

Your Role:

You are very new to the OPG, the Oxford Paranormal Group, but have to face your first 'all night vigil' at Harwood House. You have been given the Attic, as your designated 'closed door experiment'.

In addition to exploring your designated investigation area, there are also ghost cams available to see other parts of the venue, as well as interactions with your fellow OPG members via messages and walkie talkie.

Your mission is to monitor the equipment and paranormal experiments. Things start off okay, with potential activity; orbs, flashes, temperature drops... until midnight, when things become deeply ‘unexplainable’. Who haunts the attic of Harwood House?

Features:

Explore a detailed and haunting setting, for ghost hunting and exploration.
Full immersive soundtrack in surround sound.
Hear real audio phenomena captured during Ghost Hunts.
Point And Click interface Adventure Game.
Solo gameplay.
Experience flashbacks to the past through Time Slips.
Uncover the secret hauntings at Harwood House.
Conduct experiments into the paranormal.
A cast of ghosts to discover and ghost hunting companions to remotely interact with during your Ghost Hunts.
Written by Jonathan Boakes, creator of the Dark Fall and Lost Crown games.
Utilise a collection of Ghost Hunting gadgets to discover supernatural activity.
Monitor CCTV cameras set up across the location.
Use Dictaphone EVP recordings, Night Vision camera, EMF Detectors and a Thermal cam to help pinpoint phenomena.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 02:53 PM

Really???

Oh my...downloaded now

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 03:03 PM

It's awesome Greyfuss! I've been wandering around the last few days and loving every moment! Enjoy!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 03:18 PM

What a great way to start the new year! happydance12 dance

Posted By: Iurii

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 04:10 PM

Thanks! It is almost unbelievable smile
However I did not get the Official Walkthrough and the Steam key. Will they be added later?
Posted By: TLC

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 04:22 PM

Just bought it, downloading/installing now. happydance12 wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 04:27 PM

According to Jonathan on Twitter:

It’s a good length too, a bit longer than the previous installments. There’s a few Easter Eggs and extras, and three different endings too.

Iurii, I asked Jonathan your question on Twitter, and he has already replied to me:

I’m not launching on Steam until next week, so keys will happen then. I was going to hold off for a few days, for the walkthrough, as some gamers are doing a very competitive playthrough.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 04:37 PM

Marian, Will Jonathan post the WT here, for those of us getting it from his site? Thanks. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 04:43 PM

TLC, that would be a good question to ask Ana. It sounds like there will not be a walkthrough posted anywhere for a little while, at least.

I hope you enjoy the game. reindeer

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 04:48 PM

Thanks, Marian!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 04:56 PM

You're welcome! Enjoy the game. HNY

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 05:30 PM

As Marian stated already, the companion guide and steam key will be sent out in a few days to all purchasers. I can tell you, the game is very intuitive so far and I haven't been stumped on anything for more than a few minutes and that's because I didn't fully check out the documents you collect on how to use things. I think it's a good idea to let people think a bit. Otherwise there are always those that say it only took them a couple hours to play because they never fully investigated. There are new things popping up all the time that I see when I go back to areas. It's wonderful!

And yes, we will be provided the WT to place on GB when they are ready. Since you get it free with the game, no hurry!
Posted By: connie

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 05:47 PM

Bought the game happydance12
Posted By: revco

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 06:13 PM

Playing now...YES!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by BrownEyedTigre
As Marian stated already, the companion guide and steam key will be sent out in a few days to all purchasers. I can tell you, the game is very intuitive so far and I haven't been stumped on anything for more than a few minutes and that's because I didn't fully check out the documents you collect on how to use things. I think it's a good idea to let people think a bit. Otherwise there are always those that say it only took them a couple hours to play because they never fully investigated. There are new things popping up all the time that I see when I go back to areas. It's wonderful!

And yes, we will be provided the WT to place on GB when they are ready. Since you get it free with the game, no hurry!

Does it come with the game from his site? Is it the Basic Control Guide? Thanks Ana. wavegirl
Posted By: Mad

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 06:58 PM

Hurrah !!
And DRM Free !!
Thank you, BrownEyedTigre 👍👍👍
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 07:26 PM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 07:39 PM

Just because I play a game (or watch a movie or TV series) doesnt mean I believe in the premise. I like ghost stories, fantasy and science fiction but there are no such things as ghost, aliens, sentient machines or actual magic. Pretending to accept something is real long enough to enjoy the fiction has always been part of it, but fiction is never reality. And even so called true dramas are fictionalized. I've heard two different radio series claiming to be true crime series tell the same story with only changes being the location of the crime and who solved, it first it was Texas and Texas Ranger, second it was New York state and NYC attorney. Same case but they changed names and locations. Dragnet did that with every episode. I saw one case in two different modern true crime series. The second version was better went into more detail about the physical evidence which is always more reliable than human testimony.

BTW people who believe in ghosts and people who believe in aliens tell remarkably similar stories. Does that mean their are ghosts and aliens? NO it means people see what they want to see. They have an experience they cannot explain if they believe in the supernatural they call it ghosts if they don't they claim its aliens. Because they have no rational explanation. so they resort to irrational ones. ghosts or aliens.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 09:01 PM

Downloading the game as I type happydance12
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 09:32 PM

Just played for about half an hour. Oh, BLESS the ability to save where I want to, not wait for a pre-determined save spot. Loving it so far!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 10:53 PM

TLC, as both Marian and I stated, it will be given to you in a few days. It is not yet sent out. THe basic controls guide just tells you what mouse mouse buttons etc to use.

Guybrush, as someone who lived in an old house in the city that was haunted. I don't appreciate being told I have irrational thoughts. I won't tell you what to believe, do not tell me what my thoughts mean. Case closed. Seriously.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Draclvr
Just played for about half an hour. Oh, BLESS the ability to save where I want to, not wait for a pre-determined save spot. Loving it so far!

Totally and so much fun so far.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 11:39 PM

TLC, as both Marian and I stated, it will be given to you in a few days. It is not yet sent out. THe basic controls guide just tells you what mouse mouse buttons etc to use.

Thanks Ana, Sorry, I misunderstood. Didn't realize the guide was for everyone, when Steam was talked about. wavegirl

PS. I'm not running on a full tank, I'm sick. cry

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 11:48 PM

I hope you feel better soon, TLC. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/02/20 11:51 PM

Thanks Marian. kissy btw, I'm gonna play this game nice and slow, to really enjoy it. happydance12
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 01:16 AM

Guybrush, as someone who lived in an old house in the city that was haunted. I don't appreciate being told I have irrational thoughts. I won't tell you what to believe, do not tell me what my thoughts mean. Case closed. Seriously.

I agree. I never really believed in ghosts either until I lived it. I have some ghost stories I could tell. Once you have lived it, it changes the way you believe.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 05:22 AM

The game has been now updated to 1.02!
Well, I will first complete 'The Displacement' anyway smile
Posted By: meryl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 08:25 AM

I have a very slow connection so it took hours to download the game. Is the update like downloading the game all over again or is it shorter?
Posted By: seagul

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 01:20 PM

It is the setup, version 1.02. 3 GB big.
Posted By: meryl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 01:44 PM

Oh "£*&(%^$ !

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 02:33 PM

This is what Jonathan posted on Twitter about the update:

DFGV has been updated to 1.02. after some got stuck in the Attic (misbehaving randomiser). New downloads are up to date, previous purchasers may need to update using link sent in email.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 03:02 PM

Not meaning to continue anything about ghosts and aliens, but thank you for your response, Ana. I too, bristled at being told my experience was irrational.

Had to bowl last night, so didn't get to play more. Just asking if anyone else has to wait a long time with a gray screen before the game starts?
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 03:26 PM

Just bought the game. I have a question. I can't download right now so I was looking to see if I lost my email could I find my purchase from Shadow Tor but I can't seem to find anything on their site . Any ideas as to where I can find something. Like Steam or GOG I can go to my Library.....

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 03:30 PM

Winfrey, I would think it would just be the email link, same as the downloads for Carol Reed. But I trust that someone else will correct me if I am wrong. And you will be getting a Steam key pretty soon as well.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 03:32 PM

Thanks Marian, I just noticed the download is only good for 24 hours! WOW, I'm heading out right now and won't be able to start, and my download speed is so slow, wish I saw this before I ordered.... might have a problem here!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 03:47 PM

I am sure you can work something out with Jonathan and Matt if the worst happens.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 03:49 PM

I hope so, I started the download it shows 2-3 days. Won’t be able to get the rest of the stuff and the other game

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 04:04 PM

Yes, that's what it would have taken me before my local ISP upgraded. It's still not screaming fast, but it only took about 45 minutes to download 3 GB. After so many years of your speeds, I'm still not used to it even two years later!

Count Zero... my experience exactly.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 04:52 PM

I have fast broadband but the original game download DID take a really long time. Hoping this second one will be quicker !! whistle

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 06:14 PM

I got an email from them today, with an update. Going to check it out now. I hope it doesn't mess with my save game. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by TLC
I got an email from them today, with an update. Going to check it out now. I hope it doesn't mess with my save game. wavegirl

I updated to V1.02...no issues with my saved games.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by revco
Originally Posted by TLC

I updated to V1.02...no issues with my saved games.

Thanks revco. wavegirl
Posted By: dianne

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 09:29 PM

just downloaded yesterday so do i have to download it again my purchase says v1;02 but i cant remember if it was like that yesterday when i downloaded it wait a minute how could it have changed. having another senior moment . thanks Dianne wave2

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by dianne
just downloaded yesterday so do i have to download it again my purchase says v1;02 but i cant remember if it was like that yesterday when i downloaded it wait a minute how could it have changed. having another senior moment . thanks Dianne wave2

In my purchases it says the same thing but I did download it again. I don't know what version, it said yesterday. wavegirl
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 10:12 PM

The name of the file you downloaded should be --

Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - Setup - V1.02.zip

So it should be very easy to tell if you've downloaded this version before.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 10:37 PM

I'm stuck in the attic...ugh. I created a thread over in hints.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/03/20 10:41 PM

revco, post in Hints please. Plenty are playing including me.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/04/20 12:24 AM

Update- I left the download running and set my laptop not to go to sleep. I just got home and it downloaded, whew, guess it helped having no one on the WiFi.
And was I lucky Half hour latter my WiFi went down!!!!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/04/20 08:08 PM

That's great, Winfrey smile

My download of the updated version was also MUCH faster thumbsup

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/04/20 10:09 PM

And mine was slower for the same size file! But out here in the country, my speed varied a little bit. First time I had 1.3 Mbps and second time I had less than 1 Mbps.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/05/20 05:21 PM

My first download took over 90 minutes whilst the second took less than 30.

But could that be due to the number of people using the site ??
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/06/20 12:59 AM

How is the game so far? How does it compare to the Lost Crown?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/06/20 01:16 AM

I really like it so far. I didn't care for Lost Crown and never finished it although I tried twice. Just found it too tedious. This one keeps me moving and discovering things just enough to stay interesting. I'm at a point where it REALLY got interesting with some messages from the ghosts!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/06/20 01:22 AM

I'm loving it! It has an entire different feel to it. I finally got into the upstairs of the main house. I'm enjoying the fact there is no walkthrough yet. It keeps me using my head!
It just unravels bit by bit letting you piece together what took place at Shangri-la.

Ana
Posted By: teassoc

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/06/20 02:10 PM

I've just bought it but am having trouble with the wizard set-up. Download finished but as a packed file it wants to use WinRar to unpack it, which I haven't got and don't want to purchase (2 X cost of the game!). Blundering on I'm finding my computer doesn't want to open it anyway as it says it's a high level security risk. Which it probably isn't. I've tried to over-ride that but it still comes up with the same message.

I wish I'd waited for it on Steam.
Posted By: seagul

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/06/20 02:14 PM

You can use WinRar for one month in a trial version.
If your Computer don't want to open it, you can alway click on "i know the risk" or something like that.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/06/20 02:20 PM

Teassoc, if you post about your difficulties over in our Glitches forum, someone will be able to help you out.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/06/20 03:43 PM

When my computer tried to block the game, I clicked "more info" and it asked me if I wanted to run the setup anyway, I clicked yes.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/06/20 05:34 PM

teassoc, this game download is a .zip file and doesn't need WinRAR to open it. What operating system are you using? What happens when you right click the downloaded .zip file?

Definitely post over in Glitches if you continue to have issues. Someone over there used the free 7-Zip to unpack this game file.
Posted By: teassoc

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/06/20 07:10 PM

Thanks all.

I used 7Zip in the end to unpack the download.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/06/20 08:43 PM

Excellent! Have fun and visit us in the Help forum thread!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/07/20 03:09 PM

Has anyone let the initial menu screen sit there for a few minutes before you load or start a game? I heard some very familiar sound effects from other Dark Fall games.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/07/20 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Draclvr
Has anyone let the initial menu screen sit there for a few minutes before you load or start a game? I heard some very familiar sound effects from other Dark Fall games.

I'll have to go listen now. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/09/20 05:16 AM

The official walkthrough has now been added!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/09/20 02:04 PM

Anyone that purchased, should have gotten an email letting you know the walkthrough is added. This is the first game is years and years that I don't want one. Even if I'm the last person to finish, I'll be content with that. If you check every corner, listen to the cues and enjoy wandering and observing everything, it guides you along nicely!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/10/20 01:31 PM

The game has been updated to 1.03 and is now on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1169020
The Steam keys have not yet been sent to us who bought it on site, though.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/10/20 02:29 PM

They steam keys are mailed. Check your emails if you purchased from Shadow Tor Studios.

Also, please if you have a Steam account and are enjoying the game, leave them a positive review! It would be greatly appreciated!

Ana wave

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/10/20 02:42 PM

Yes, I have got it now, thanks smile

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/10/20 09:37 PM

how do you install the version of v1.03 do I have to uninstall the verson v1.02 need some help please no idea how to do this. thank you Dianne duh
Posted By: jimrh69

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/10/20 10:21 PM

Just go ahead and install Version 1.03 dianne, no need to uninstall the old version... It will overwrite your current install and all should be great.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/10/20 10:37 PM

thank you will do Dianne

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 12:06 AM

Question.

Is the Steam key going to remain available when purchasing from the ShadowTor store or was that just an extra they gave if you ordered direct from them before the game was released on Steam?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 12:18 AM

I bought the game direct from Shadow Tor Studios and have just now downloaded it for a third time - to give me v1.03 zip.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be the last version think
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 12:31 AM

Hi all !! I am working on version 1.02 and downloaded v1.03 and I will install it and over-write v1.02 - but do I need to backup or copy the Saved Games first or will they be preserved ? think

Great game by the way !! thumbsup

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 01:10 AM

According to the thread for Dark Fall: Ghost Vigil in Adventure Game Hints, your saved games will be preserved, sureshot. wave

Mad, I would assume that there's no way to know if there will be another update - it probably depends on whether any more potential game-play problems are reported.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 03:15 AM

Marian is correct on both counts. They are very responsive to bug reports and are patching as needed. It does not affect anyone's saved games by updating.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 03:32 AM

So far, mine have been waiting for me with each update. Got no idea, oldbroad! All these releases have been to fix glitches, so hopefully there aren't any more. But you never know.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 07:32 AM

Thanks Draclvr. I guess I thought Ana might know.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
Question.

Is the Steam key going to remain available when purchasing from the ShadowTor store or was that just an extra they gave if you ordered direct from them before the game was released on Steam?

I don't have the answer to this - maybe Ana will know.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 03:17 PM

I think that is something you would have to ask Jonathon himself.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 04:44 PM

Power outage! So much for playing today!! Grrrrr

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
Question.

oldbroad, sorry, yesterday was a very long day! Sorry I missed this! I spoke to Matt and he stated it was an extra they provided for pre-steam release and that is why it isn't advertised on the page. If you purchase immediately, you may still be able to get a Steam Key with it. When they are gone, they are gone!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 06:12 PM

Thank you for checking on this for me Ana!
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil Now Available - 01/11/20 07:02 PM

Thank you Marian !
© 2024 GameBoomers Community