GB HOMEPAGE

The White Door is Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The White Door is Now Available - 01/09/20 03:49 PM

The White Door is now available!

Check out the Official website here.

View the launch trailer here.

The story

Robert Hill wakes up in a Mental Health facility and suffers from severe memory loss. Follow the facility’s strict daily routine, explore his dreams and help him recall his memories. The White Door is a new point-and-click adventure developed by the creators of the Cube Escape & Rusty Lake series.

Rusty Lake

Easy to start but hard to put down

■ Interactive storyline
Follow a daily routine and recollect memories in a playful way, filled with brain teasers and riddles

■ A unique Rusty Lake split-screen adventure
Experience Robert Hill's stay in Rusty Lake's Mental Health facility with an innovative split-screen gameplay

■ Absorbing atmosphere
Each day in the facility has its own atmosphere, suspense and a variety of unexpected and surrealistic events

■ Immersive and haunting soundtrack
Atmospheric theme songs composed by Victor Butzelaar

■ Special achievements
The White Door has more secrets to unravel

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Marian

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 01/09/20 04:15 PM

Thank you for the news, Ana. wave
Posted By: connie

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 01/09/20 06:24 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 01/09/20 07:07 PM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: colpet

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 01/09/20 07:28 PM

Bought it!
I’ve played all the Cube Escape and Rusty Lake games.
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 01/09/20 08:08 PM

Great news!
Thanks, Ana!
Posted By: Mad

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 01/10/20 07:38 AM

thanks BrownEyedTigre smile
Posted By: KatieB

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 01/11/20 04:57 PM

Love all the Cube Escape and Rusty Lake games! They are unique and challenging without being too terribly hard. A few are a little gruesome but even I, who hates blood and violence more than most, am able to see beyond the occasional gore. The fact the graphics are hand-drawn and cartoon-like helps. The Cube Escape series are all FREE. The Rusty Lake games are longer and cost a nominal fee. I played some on my iPad and some on my Mac. I think they are all available on Steam. Should you want to play them, I recommend playing them in the order they were released, as they do tell a story.
Cube Escape: Seasons

Cube Escape: The Lake 

Cube Escape: Arles 

Cube Escape: Harvey's Box

Cube Escape: Case 23

Cube Escape: The Mill 

Rusty Lake Hotel (longer game, $)
Cube Escape: Birthday
Cube Escape: Theatre
Rusty Lake: Roots (longer game, $)
Cube Escape: The Cave
Rusty Lake Paradise (longer game, $)
Cube Escape: Paradox
Paradox: A Rusty Lake Film (longer game, $)
Posted By: Marian

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 01/11/20 05:00 PM

The Rusty Lake series was released on GOG last year as well.
Posted By: Lex

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 10/16/21 06:30 PM

I have come rather late to this party, having only just heard of the rustylake games and finding them available for Mac iOS: I have just started out with Samsara Room as a free taster, but plan on getting the whole set which is sold as a very cheap package on Steam thumbsup thumbsup

...but are they really part of the adventure genre?

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 10/16/21 08:16 PM

I haven't played the games yet Lex so I'm curious why you ask that question.

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 10/17/21 07:58 AM

Oldbroad, I ask because (with a few notable exceptions such as the Syberia series) I am not particularly a fan of adventure games, but I am keen on puzzle games with a bit of a quirk (which I think these games are): there is no category (yet) on GB specifically for this type of game, and they can fall into various of the other categories so that it is hard to know where to post or look for comments about them.

Of course, there are puzzles as part of many (probably most or all) games in the other categories, but I am referring to games which are mainly or all about the puzzles.

Overnight I was debating whether to suggest that a separate category be added in the gaming section, but for now I am probably going to start a thread in The Garden of Puzzling Delights to see whether it generates any interest. catrub

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 10/17/21 09:14 AM

So, they're puzzle games with a bit of quirk? Sounds good. I actually do have the games. I just haven't played them yet. It seems there have been a number of puzzle games lately and they've been announced here in the Adventure forum.

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 10/17/21 11:04 AM

Having just finished the Samsara Room I can say that it is certainly quirky, although quite relaxing with gentle piano music - somewhat reminiscent of Gorogoa and/or the Amanita Design games (with which you may or may not already be familiar), but with extra helpings of the surreal. smile

Re: The White Door is Now Available - 10/17/21 06:24 PM

Sounds good Lex! I haven't made it to Gorogoa yet but I have played a few Amanita games and have a few that I haven't played. Even being retired now, I'm having trouble getting to all the games I want to play.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community