GB HOMEPAGE

old game !

Posted By: deleterman

old game ! - 01/10/20 12:32 AM

do any one know what game this is - I go across some water to this place that has a gait if i go through i go to a shack and if i go on it goes down a large tunnel ! any thought on what game this is ?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: old game ! - 01/10/20 04:04 AM

I'm drawing a blank.

Re: old game ! - 01/10/20 04:57 PM

looks like your having a good time, I have played this game before. now as soon as i make land there is a gait 2 guard there and a guard shack with this this guy in it and if i go on there is a shack with a guy in it ,some thing in back of it , and if i go on down the trail i meet this other guy just before the tunnel , does this ring a bell ?
Posted By: mbday630

Re: old game ! - 01/11/20 03:31 PM

Do you remember if it was 3rd person or a 1st person game? That might help. Also, were the colors bright (like in a Broken Sword game) or more washed out looking?

Re: old game ! - 01/12/20 12:05 AM

the color was black & white , and i think it was 3rd person . does that help ? and i think i went in to the guard shack and talked to the guy and then left and went to down the path and the shack was on the left. i think i went in through the front door and looked around , i think i did talked to some one went right got on the trail went down some and talked to some one . he asked me some questions. hope this helps ....
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: old game ! - 01/12/20 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by deleterman
the color was black & white

A black and white game?
Was it Noir: A Shadowy Thriller?
Posted By: jimrh69

Re: old game ! - 01/12/20 06:50 PM

At first I thought you might be talking about "The Lost Crown A Ghost Hunting Adventure"... But I don't think that's it..

Re: old game ! - 01/13/20 12:16 AM

BTW I think that this game is not black & white , when i got to the guard shack it was dark out side . and i thank that the 2 guards had flash lights. hope this rings a bell. thumbsupI did talk to the guy inside the guard shack then left went down the path to the house on the left went inside looked around then went out back I think i did talk to some guy. then went down the path on the right side and I think I did talk to a guard on the way. I hope this helps ! please let me know ok.
Posted By: judith

Re: old game ! - 01/15/20 07:53 PM

Could it be Next Life?

Re: old game ! - 01/15/20 08:11 PM

Maybe one of the Black Mirror games.

Re: old game ! - 01/16/20 12:46 AM

judith I don't think that is the game. and i don't think it is any black mirror games ..
Posted By: Mad

Re: old game ! - 01/17/20 05:15 PM

Could it be Torin's Passage ??

[Although I can't remember too much of the story detail woozy]

Re: old game ! - 01/18/20 01:05 AM

thanks , U know it was something like that . i'm going to check my games and see if that pops up.

Re: old game ! - 01/18/20 01:13 AM

Fingers crossed then 🤞
Posted By: aretha

Re: old game ! - 01/18/20 08:57 AM

Reminds me of Simon the Sorcerer 3d where towards the end you go along the tunnel, hiding from guards. There is a hut and a person in this area.

Re: old game ! - 01/18/20 05:35 PM

thanks , so the name of this game is ( Simon the Sorcerer 3d ) where did U get this game ?
Posted By: Marian

Re: old game ! - 01/18/20 05:44 PM

Simon the Sorcerer 3D

See if the screenshots look anything like the game you are thinking of.
Posted By: mbday630

Re: old game ! - 01/18/20 08:03 PM

You said that the game was dark and not brightly colored. Simon 3d is very colorful. I am thinking more of the Lost Crown games or something that is darker.

Re: old game ! - 01/18/20 08:30 PM

This was a particularly dark scene in Simon 3d with Simon in a black costume in a dark tunnel, walking only in shadows. I agree with you mbday the rest of the game was very colourful.

Re: old game ! - 01/20/20 05:44 PM

thanks for that info, lost crown games ! I think that I will check that out, I think i have played them..

Re: old game ! - 01/20/20 06:02 PM

well I checked it out and it is not the lost crown game that is for sure. now what ?

Re: old game ! - 01/21/20 05:52 AM

How about The Whispered World. Once you arrive at the island it is night and the town is lit by candles. A monk greets you, he lives in a hut in a remote part of the island. After the monk you cross a rope bridge. The colours are quite muted especially once the candles are extinguished.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: old game ! - 01/21/20 06:16 AM

The first games that came to my mind when you posted was the Last Half of Darkness series but I don't really know if there was a scene like that in any of those games. It's just what came to my mind though.

Re: old game ! - 01/21/20 04:51 PM

thanks I will check that out.

Re: old game ! - 01/21/20 05:55 PM

I don't think that is the one. any other thoughts ? I was thinking about I had to cross some water but i can't remember where I started from. yikes ! hope this helps . I was thinking about the one that you step on some logs to get across ,some sink as U go on. but U make it across . and continue on. hope this rings a bell.

Re: old game ! - 01/21/20 07:53 PM

Art of Murder 3 Cards of Destiny had a lengthy sequence of crossing water on sinking logs.

Re: old game ! - 01/21/20 10:32 PM

There is a log crossing puzzle in Torin's Passage and there is also one in Dragonsphere .... which is another old game smile

EDIT :

And guards also laugh

Re: old game ! - 01/21/20 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by aretha
Art of Murder 3 Cards of Destiny had a lengthy sequence of crossing water on sinking logs.

Looking at the walkthrough for this game, there are also guards in the game (which deleterman mentioned there being in the game).

Re: old game ! - 01/22/20 06:41 PM

I don't think that is the one, I have played that 1 , good game but not the 1...

Re: old game ! - 01/23/20 05:48 PM

Hi deleterman smile

I've sent you a private message containing links to Youtube walkthroughs - which show the "walking on logs sequence" for both Dragonspere and Torin's Passage - to see if either jogs your memory.

I can't think of any other games at the moment that have both guards and log walking !! woozy

Re: old game ! - 01/24/20 12:12 AM

thanks for that info , the one that i think is with the guard's with the guard shack on the left ,the guard's have flash lights ,i went in and talked to the guy in the guard shack . then went forewards to the shack on the left. looked around in side went out the front door and went out back and talked to some guy,then went back to the path in front shack turned left on the path went forward talked to another guard,dark out side , went on down the path.that is all I can remember. hope that helps ,no log waking ! yikes this is harder than the game.

Re: old game ! - 01/24/20 04:15 PM

Sorry, deleterman. I can't think of anything else to suggest ....

Re: old game ! - 01/24/20 05:47 PM

thanks,me nether. I don't know if this is the start of this game or at the end of the game..
Posted By: CountZero

Re: old game ! - 01/26/20 01:49 AM

Annas quest?

annas quest - 01/29/20 04:51 PM

never herd of it , I looked at all my walkthroughs .nada.

Re: annas quest - 01/29/20 05:25 PM

I'm not sure what your question is.

According to PAGODA it is from 2012
https://alofmethbin.com/pagoda/game.php?id=2496

There is a walkthrough by MaGtRo here:
http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcAa/AnnasQuest/AnnasQuest.htm

There is a review by flotsam here:
http://www.gameboomers.com/reviews/Aa/AnnasQuest/AnnasQuest.htm

It is available from Steam and GOG and probably other online shops.

Re: annas quest - 01/29/20 06:37 PM

I merged the last two posts into this thread, being as it was the continuation of a discussion from this thread.

I know you have played the Tex Murphy games - by any chance could you be thinking of something in those games?

Re: annas quest - 01/30/20 12:24 AM

U know I was thinking the same thing. my old friend Tex.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community