GB HOMEPAGE

The Silent Age

Posted By: nolalou

The Silent Age - 02/03/20 01:53 AM

I’ve been looking for a traditional point and click adventure game I can play on my iPad and after some disappointing ones i may have finaly found a good one. Its called A Silent Age developed by a company called House of Fire. It looks like there is also an Android version. So far no annoying ads during game play.

There are 2 espisodes, the first is free, the second costs $4.99 i just started it so i’ll see if it’s worh the small expense.

You play a janator named Joe at a government security office during the Nixon administration. ( his portrait is on the boss’s office wall). Movement is simple , tap at a point on the screen and Joe walks there. Tap on object to see Joe discribe it, with on screen text. If an object can be picked up it will move to the inventory at the bottom of the screen. At the beginning Joe sees a post it note near his office door saying the boss wants to see him. The first puzzle if getting access to the elevator to the executive floor. Joe and characters he interacts with are voiced. (At the beginning of the game there are language options, not sure if all languages are voiced). Graphics simple animation.

I might do a full review later.

Louis
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Silent Age - 02/03/20 02:29 AM

Thanks for the info. Adventure Gamers gave it a good review here. smile
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: The Silent Age - 02/03/20 04:24 AM

There's also a PC version. I thought it was a very good game.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: The Silent Age - 02/04/20 01:19 AM

Very good game, well worth playing......
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Silent Age - 02/04/20 02:16 AM

Thanks for the info. I have this game in my "to be played" file.
Posted By: KatieB

Re: The Silent Age - 02/05/20 03:19 PM

It's an older game and I think I've played it twice--once on my Mac and once on my iPad. I really liked it--the puzzles are not super hard and you probably don't need a walkthrough. Good story, too.
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Silent Age - 02/05/20 07:23 PM

I just bought this from Humble Bundle - with it getting good reviews here at Gameboomers.

So thanks for the comments, folks thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community