GB HOMEPAGE

Carol Reed Disk Collection

Posted By: GreyFuss

Carol Reed Disk Collection - 02/18/20 03:54 PM

I have been Burning Carol Reed Game Disks with my own Graphics for quite a while. I use print to disks Water Shield Disks which are water resistant and smudge proof so they can last forever (I hope). I keep these and all my printed games in 3 very large Binders with disk sleeve pages with plenty of room for more. Here are the first 15 games for Carol adventures.

https://postimg.cc/3kND9bbs
https://postimg.cc/2qBLNLYT
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Carol Reed Disk Collection - 02/18/20 06:23 PM

Nice thumbsup
Posted By: Marian

Re: Carol Reed Disk Collection - 02/18/20 07:01 PM

Those are lovely, GreyFuss!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Carol Reed Disk Collection - 02/18/20 10:42 PM

That is awesome, GreyFuss!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Carol Reed Disk Collection - 02/19/20 12:41 AM

Very nice, Greyfuss!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Carol Reed Disk Collection - 02/19/20 07:59 AM

I've burned all my Carol Reed games to desk too but they don't look as handsome as yours, Greyfuss praise

Re: Carol Reed Disk Collection - 02/19/20 08:21 AM

Thanks all, wish I had a better camera as the pictures don't show the colors and clarity as well as live.

15 games...Mikael is half way to 30 yes Is there any other PC game character or series that has lasted this long and have this many games???

Re: Carol Reed Disk Collection - 02/19/20 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by GreyFuss

15 games...Mikael is half way to 30 yes Is there any other PC game character or series that has lasted this long and have this many games???

Nancy Drew, Lara Croft come to mind quickly for characters that have more.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Carol Reed Disk Collection - 02/20/20 12:32 AM

Very impressive GreyFuss. Wisely chosen pictures and very well cropped to the circular CD format.

My own collection is much less striking. Although I'm an adventure game hoarder, I don't have all issues of my own games. Except for the English disc versions, I only have the German versions and a couple of Russian and Japanese issues in my bookshelf, plus about a million copies of Blue Madonna that were sent back to me by a reseller that went bankrupt.

Re: Carol Reed Disk Collection - 02/20/20 10:39 AM

Nancy Drew is a character from a book first, right? Is Lara Croft originally from a book or is she an original character created in a PC game? Does she really have more than 15 action games? Isn't Carol Reed a character created in an adventure game or was she around in some other form before the games?

Re: Carol Reed Disk Collection - 02/20/20 03:12 PM

Greyfuss, Lara Croft has been in 19 games. The comics were created after the games, she was created for games to be the female version of Indiana Jones.

Nancy Drew has indeed been around much longer than the games.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Carol Reed Disk Collection - 02/20/20 03:17 PM

I'm not sure it matters which came first, but the Lara Croft video games started in 1996 and there are 17 of them. Not sure, but I think the first movie might have been in 2001. A successful game character franchise is a successful game character franchise. Well, maybe not anymore with Nancy Drew which continues to puzzle many people.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community