GB HOMEPAGE

The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 12:37 AM

An Intensely Stirring First-Person Journey: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today. ONE-O-ONE GAMES and Daedalic Entertainment Launch Their New Immersive Investigation Adventure on Steam.

Check out the official website here.

View the launch trailer here.

HAMBURG, Germany — Feb. 19, 2020 — Daedalic Entertainment has announced that the gripping new narrative adventure game The Suicide of Rachel Foster is out today for PC. Players will find themselves trapped in an isolated and bleak mountain hotel where they must uncover what truly happened to Rachel Foster, a young woman who seemingly took her own life 10 years ago.

This is an intense first-person investigation, where melancholy and nostalgia meld into a thrilling ghost tale; a truly immersive experience that has a multilayered narrative, an ending influenced by player choice and binaural audio to keep you on the edge of your seat.

Players follow Nicole, a young woman driven by her mother’s dying wish to uncover her family's dark past. She finds herself in the dilapidated and abandoned family hotel on a snow-filled mountain. Knowing her own father had a role to play in the downfall of Rachel, Nicole relies on the support of a young FEMA agent to unearth the truth once and for all.
Developer Daniel Azara at ONE-O-ONE GAMES said, “The aim when making The Suicide of Rachel Foster was to inspire gamers to reflect on commonly neglected topics like grief, love, and exasperation. Videogames are a powerful and reflective storytelling medium, and we want to use this platform to raise awareness regarding these topics by including them as elements that add depth to our fictional narrative.”

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 01:26 AM

Thanks Ana!

I just Googled binaural audio and listened to a youtube video about/with it and I don't think I will be able to tell the difference. I'll see when I play the game, which I did already purchase.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 01:47 AM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 01:58 AM

Thanks, Ana. wave

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
Thanks Ana!

I just Googled binaural audio and listened to a youtube video about/with it and I don't think I will be able to tell the difference. I'll see when I play the game, which I did already purchase.

I had to look it up too, oldbroad and I took this test with my headphones. I'm sitting in my living room with hubby and my dog and I selected the second to the last hearing test on the page called Binaural Test. I had the headphones on full and nearly died of a heart attack. rotfl Clearly, my headphones are up to the task. This is the test I took. My husband thought I was crazy. lol

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 04:41 AM

lol I turned to see who was knocking so maybe I CAN tell the difference!

Actually, I do sometimes take my headphones off thinking I'm hearing something, only to find out it was in the game I'm playing. And I have cheap headphones.
Posted By: salex

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 12:42 PM

Looking very interesting!
Posted By: connie

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 01:34 PM

Thanks Ana.

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 02:23 PM

Actually, I do sometimes take my headphones off thinking I'm hearing something, only to find out it was in the game I'm playing. And I have cheap headphones.

I invested in my first "expensive to me" pair of headphones (170 dollars, I know they go way higher) at Christmas time and the difference is crazy from the 15 dollar pair I've had for way over ten years. The knock actually sounded like my wall was coming down on me. It was freaky as heck! lol Good thing I don't play VR, I'd probably jump out of my skin!
Posted By: TLC

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 04:44 PM

I can't find it at Steam? duh
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 04:45 PM

On Steam:

The Suicide of Rachel Foster

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 04:48 PM

Thanks Marian. I went to Steam on my computer. wavegirl

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/20/20 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by BrownEyedTigre

I invested in my first "expensive to me" pair of headphones (170 dollars, I know they go way higher) at Christmas time and the difference is crazy from the 15 dollar pair I've had for way over ten years. The knock actually sounded like my wall was coming down on me. It was freaky as heck! lol Good thing I don't play VR, I'd probably jump out of my skin!

I have 3 pair of headphones (1 at each computer I use) that cost $15 - $20 each. I used to have one that was only $5 that lasted around 7 years. They are good enough for me!

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/21/20 12:33 AM

For anyone who wants/needs to know. It's not point and click and it has auto save, so have to wait for the butterfly to show up, in the right bottom corner, to leave the game. I am enjoying it though. wavegirl

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/21/20 12:45 AM

THanks for the heads up TLC! Glad you are enjoying it!

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/21/20 01:57 AM

Thanks TLC!

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/21/20 03:06 PM

You're welcome, Ana and oldbroad. wavegirl

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/21/20 07:37 PM

I must be dense because I can't figure out the controls. I know it's not point and click.

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/23/20 04:49 PM

Connie, I used the W key to walk and the mouse for turning. The M key is for the map (use the Q key to scroll between floors), sometimes in the bottom corner of the map, it will tell you what you need to do. When you pick up stuff, it'll tell you what number to click to use it and click the right mouse to use the item, like a flashlight. For running, I didn't do that but you use the up arrow for that. I hope that's everything. Good luck. wavegirl
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/23/20 05:02 PM

Glad to hear you enjoyed the game, TLC smile

I just can't drum up any enthusiasm myself for a game with "suicide" in the title ....

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/23/20 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mad
Glad to hear you enjoyed the game, TLC smile

I just can't drum up any enthusiasm myself for a game with "suicide" in the title ....

I agree with you, Mad. It was unsettling while playing and intense.
But during the game, you learn the truth, at the end.

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/23/20 05:59 PM

TLC, is there a manual or something that tells you what keys to use?

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/23/20 06:23 PM

Hi oldbroad, I don't know if there's a manual for the game. Maybe they have instructions at their website. I just used W for walk and the mouse for turning. And left click to look at things and right click, to pick things up for inventory or right click to put things down. I couldn't find a way to see the inventory. I had to click 1, 2, 3 to get things from inventory and right click to use them.

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/23/20 06:46 PM

Thanks.

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/23/20 06:48 PM

You're welcome.
Posted By: Leeana

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/23/20 06:58 PM

Thank You for the Information TLC kissy and Ana

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/23/20 09:05 PM

You're welcome, Leeana. wavegirl

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/23/20 09:06 PM

Thanks TLC.

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/23/20 09:07 PM

You're welcome, Connie. wavegirl
Posted By: FlyingDutchman42

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/24/20 05:11 PM

It seems that the game saves after a new day starts, so you can't save earlier yourself. As TLC already informed us, you than see a butterfly in the lower right corner.

Rob thanks

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 02/25/20 04:41 PM

I wrote this in my help thread but figured I should put it here too, for in case anyone is on the fence about playing the game. Although I'm glad I played it, I can't recommend it.

"I did a replay of the game and realized, "enjoy" wasn't the right word after playing it. I don't know what the right word is. I just had to get to the end of the story, to see how it turned out, doing one thing differently. I am glad, I played it though. But as far as "enjoyed" the game, I have to take that back. Its too sensitive subject for a lot of people. Me included, as I had a murder/suicide in my family, in the 80's......."

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 04/04/20 01:00 AM

Well, I've been playing for a few hours now. How the heck does the day change so the game will save and I can get out? I'm finding it tedious!

Also, that binaural thing - doesn't sound any different than any other game I've played!

Finally! Game saved.

Anybody know why you can barely hear Nicole but you can hear Irving just fine? Am I missing something in the controls?
Posted By: teassoc

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 04/04/20 11:54 AM

Well, I've been playing for a few hours now. How the heck does the day change so the game will save and I can get out? I'm finding it tedious!

Also, that binaural thing - doesn't sound any different than any other game I've played!

Finally! Game saved.

Anybody know why you can barely hear Nicole but you can hear Irving just fine? Am I missing something in the controls?

I have just finished it. You have to get to a certain point before the game automatically saves.

I didn't have any problems with either of the voices.

Re: The Suicide of Rachel Foster Is Out Today - 04/04/20 07:54 PM

Thanks for the reply teassoc! Maybe the voice thing has to do with my cheap headphones though they seem fine with other games.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community