GB HOMEPAGE

Darkfall: Ghost Vigil

Posted By: Debra

Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 03/09/20 06:13 PM

I just now got this game (Darkfall: Ghost Vigil). Is anyone playing? What do you think about it?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 03/09/20 06:16 PM

Quite a few people here have played it already, and they thought it was fabulous. Hopefully they will see this, and post about it. wave

Flotsam also did a review of the game here. He also thought it was a very good game. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 03/09/20 08:42 PM

I've not started it myself yet but have wondered about all the gadgets that seem to be needing to be used shocked

I hope they're not too complicated. I'm not very good with gadgets ....
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 03/09/20 09:08 PM

I have it downloaded and ready to play. Hoping to start it soon.
Posted By: Debra

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 03/09/20 09:38 PM

Well, I'm glad to hear lots of people liked it. I'm going to start play in a couple of days and see how it goes. I love Jonathan Boakes' work. I have all his games. This is the first adventure game I've played in awhile so, I really out of practice.
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 03/20/20 06:42 AM

Completely unrelated Debra, I note you are member number 12 praise
Posted By: meryl

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 03/20/20 08:14 AM

I'm the same about gadgets Mad. I find them offputting in a game as well as in real life. Fiddling around with them in a game distracts me from the mood and the atmosphere.
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 03/20/20 02:11 PM

I enjoyed playing the game very much. At first the gadgets made me a little nervous.
I was concerned about when and where to use them. After I got into the rhythm of the game,
the use of the devices became second nature.

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 03/20/20 08:46 PM

Thank you both for your comments about "the gadgets". I do feel somewhat reassured by them thumbsup
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 03/23/20 12:06 AM

They do become second nature Mad and some aren't even terribly necessary.
You can also double up on some of them, and will identify cues to perhaps utilise one or the other.

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 03/23/20 11:30 PM

Thanks, flotsam smile

My usual failure with gadgets is remembering what they actually do - and - using them when I should !!

But I live in hope lol

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 10/03/20 12:52 AM

I may be the only person not liking this game much. I've played for 2-1/2 hours so far. My first walk around was nice but is that basically all you do in the whole game? Walk around using various different electronic gadgets in each area hoping for something to happen? Too many gadgets. Not enough of anything else to do (yet anyway). And very annoying being interrupted by the walkie talkie every two seconds when I am trying to look at or do something. duh What am I missing here?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 10/03/20 02:26 AM

I would take a peek at a walkthrough to get some direction. I agree that the beginning of the game does not "grab" you and I also had issues figuring out what to do with all the gadgets. But if you persevere, it does finally turn into a really good ghost hunting game.

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 10/03/20 04:17 AM

Thanks for the pep talk Draclvr! I will continue to wander and use the gadgets for now. If it doesn't start to open up some more, I will take that peek at the walkthrough as you suggest. But I do wish I could ditch that walkie talkie rolleyes.

Edit: Another 2 hours. I did manage to get a little further (opened up another room), so we'll see. I'm not one to just quit playing a game, but certainly not loving it yet.
Posted By: mike_bn

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 10/03/20 11:28 AM

oldbroad, I had exactly the same feeling during the first 1-2 hours. then it started to open up a bit: you will encounter puzzles that are (for the most part) independent
from using the devices. Although you will keep using the devices to spot hints for those puzzles. i quite like the gane now. i would not consider it a really great game,
but I enjoy it enough to keep playing it.

Re: Darkfall: Ghost Vigil - 10/03/20 07:49 PM

Thanks for your thoughts/info on the game mike_bn!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community