GB HOMEPAGE

Nick Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe Now Available!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Nick Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe Now Available! - 04/01/20 10:44 PM

Nope, not an April Fools Joke! Nick Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe is now available.

Check out the launch trailer here.

El Cerrito, CA - April 1, 2020- Independent developer Pinhead Games, run by former Telltale senior developer Mark Darin, is happy to announce that “Nick Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe” is now available digitally on PC and Mac computers for $9.99.

Nick Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe is an interactive comedic spoof on classic film noir detective movies. It's a little bit Maltese Falcon, a little bit CSI, and a little bit Naked Gun.

Sick of taking bottom barrel cases, smart-ass detective Nick Bounty sets out to solve the murder of a woman found half buried in a playground sandbox. As the case unfolds, he becomes entangled in an absurd mystery that threatens to end his life! Choose a partner, shake down suspects, gather the clues, analyze the evidence and take down a killer!

“At Pinhead Games, we believe in the unique way that narrative driven games can combine compelling storytelling and puzzling gameplay into a fully satisfying experience. Nick Bounty and the Dame in the Blue Chewed Shoe aims to capture the feel of those classic Point & Click adventures with a cinematic flair and healthy dose of humor!”

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Nick Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe Now Available! - 04/01/20 10:58 PM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Nick Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe Now Available! - 04/02/20 12:00 AM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: connie

Re: Nick Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe Now Available! - 04/02/20 11:48 AM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: nolalou

Re: Nick Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe Now Available! - 04/04/20 12:42 AM

Just downloaded and started playing! I like it so so far. If you don’t have a game controller you can control the characters movements with the keyboard, and use the mouse to click on objects. Objects you can interact with are highlighted with blue text . Sometimes if there is something in the way, you have to use the keyboards to move the character first before he can examine or pick up an object.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Nick Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe Now Available! - 04/04/20 12:49 AM

Thanks for the info about the game, nolalou. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Nick Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe Now Available! - 04/04/20 03:30 PM

Got it downloaded and ready to install. But MUST finish one of current games first woozy

Re: Nick Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe Now Available! - 04/05/20 11:06 PM

I've been playing for a while now. It's a fun game, good graphics and tongue in cheek humor. The game is in black & white but it fits the mood of the game. Some minor inconsistencies, like in one scene near the beginning of the game the characters mouths don't move when speaking , but so far I've only noticed that in one scene. The other minor complaint is sometimes the character walks into things and you have to use the keyboard to walk around objects. (for example if I see a highlighted object I want to interact with, clicking on it should cause NIck to walk to that object but if something is in the way, you have to manually move him around it).

There are a limited number of save game slots, but they have a date/time stamp so you can determine which is the most recent. A nice surprise is at one point in the game Nick decides he needs a sidekick, you get to control NIck as he interviews 3 applicants for the job, and then you get to pick one. I assume this means there are some different paths through the game, or at least different dialog. That's as far as I've got so far.

Louis

completed Nick Bounty and the Dame with the blue chewed shoe - 04/11/20 05:15 PM

I just finished playing NIck Bounty and the Dame with the Blue Chewed Shoe. A fun game that I enjoyed playing, though not a very long game. I completed it in about 5 hours of game play. I did have a glitch at one point where the game crashed, but I wrote to the developers and they responded quickly with a save game so I could continue from where I had the problem.

It might have some replay value, since early in the game Nick interviews 3 potential sidekicks to help with the case, and you can choose which one to hire. I might try later with one of the other sidekicks. I'm not sure if some of the story or puzzles change, or just the dialog.
Posted By: Mad

Re: completed Nick Bounty and the Dame with the blue chewed shoe - 04/11/20 05:58 PM

Thanks for your feedback, nolalou. Much appreciated thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community