GB HOMEPAGE

The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 05/29/20 12:58 PM

The long wait is over! The House of DaVinci 2 for PC is now available!

Check out the Official Website here.

Become an apprentice of the famous Leonardo da Vinci. Solve handcrafted mechanical 3D puzzles and discover hidden secrets. Navigate through mesmerizing environments of the Italian Renaissance. Travel through time to influence your surroundings.
KEY FEATURES
ORIGINAL MECHANICAL PUZZLES
Get your hands on hundreds of new objects, 3D puzzles and mechanical brain-twisters waiting to be unraveled.

TIME TRAVEL
Go back in time not only to reveal past mysteries and hidden objects – use unique Oculus Perpetua to shape the present in a significant way.

NEW CONTROLS
Navigate through mesmerizing locations even more intuitively. All game controls have been redesigned and optimized to feel as intuitive as it gets.

VOICE NARRATED STORY
A pleasure for all senses: the whole story is now fully narrated. The goose bumps are inevitable.

MYSTERIOUS CUT SCENES
Including the one showing Leonardo da Vinci's creation of the famous The Last Supper.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 05/29/20 01:26 PM

Great news! Thank you!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 05/29/20 03:22 PM

Thanks, Ana
Posted By: connie

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 05/29/20 04:18 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: Mad

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 05/29/20 05:21 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 05/29/20 05:47 PM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 05/30/20 02:08 AM

OMG! This is AWESOME! thumbsup

So far you don't have to be a Rocket Scientist but the difficulty for me is enough to keep me interested. Nice story up until now. 4 hours in and discovery's and solutions are abound.

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 05/30/20 03:58 AM

I'm glad you are enjoying it Greyfuss!! I hope to be playing on Sunday!

Ana wave

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 05/30/20 04:08 AM

Good to hear GreyFuss!
Posted By: Starcom

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 05/30/20 10:02 PM

Thanks for heads up BrownEyedTiger
Thanks GreyFuss for the early review, I take it, and I HOPE it is a Point and click game, REALLY,
Really tired of these Adv. games that require the use of a Keyboard.

The only problem I have buying it at Steam is you Have to download their game manager and there constant reminder of "Need to update..." , I know there is supposed to be a way of downloading the game for playing offline, but my previous experience tells me different. Can I download the game and then Remove the game manager and will the game play anyway? I hope this makes sense?
That is why I wait for it to come on GOG, if it ever does, if not, oh well that is life.
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/01/20 03:00 AM

The first one also had a DRM-free version that was on FireFlower Games. I have made 2 attempts to contact them in regards to the same possibility for this game also. Both of my attempts have gone unanswered.

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/01/20 06:06 AM

I hope you eventually get an answer Uncle Reg , although I find the games expensive there, but if it is the only other place to get the games DRM free, but does it come attached with a Steam key or is it independent of Steam?

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/03/20 04:27 AM

Hi again Uncle Reg, you mentioned that you played the 1st one? Was it a Point and Click game with the mouse or did you also have to use the Keyboard.

GreyFuss did not mention that number 2 was a P and C using a mouse and me thinks after reading the description of "Better advanced controls, or something like that" that it means one has to use the Keyboard.

Thanks

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/03/20 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Starcom
Hi again Uncle Reg, you mentioned that you played the 1st one? Was it a Point and Click game with the mouse or did you also have to use the Keyboard.

GreyFuss did not mention that number 2 was a P and C using a mouse and me thinks after reading the description of "Better advanced controls, or something like that" that it means one has to use the Keyboard.

Thanks

Starcom, per the reviews on Steam it is point and click.

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/03/20 11:32 PM

Thank you BrownEyedTigre urock for taking the time to answer my question, this is very important to me in deciding to buy any future games and it looks like I will be buying these 2 games, again, thank you very much, I really appreciate it and once again... urock
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/04/20 05:15 AM

From what I remember about the first game, it is all point-and-click, although it is more elaborate than some. For example, you don't just click the key on the lock. After you insert the key, you might have to click, hold and drag the key to rotate it in the lock, and after the lock is unlocked, you might have to click, hold and drag the door open before you can go through the door. Probably that's what Greyfuss was talking about. Even combining two objects is sometimes more elaborate than usual. You might have to drag the combined piece to rotate it into the proper orientation before the combining is complete. There is a lot of dragging done in manipulating objects like sliding a panel open, or throwing a switch.

It's an excellent game, with many intricate gadgets and machines that you have to figure out how to properly manipulate. I enjoyed it immensely. I highly recommend it.

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/04/20 06:24 AM

Thank you very much Uncle Reg for your description of the game and I don't mind too much fiddling around with the mouse, it still leaves one hand free to drink my coffee while I play. I am happy to know you really enjoyed the game, will let you guys know when I eventually play the game, shouldn't be too long now.
Take care and stay safe all....
Posted By: SCOTTY

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/04/20 07:41 PM

Well, so far....FANTASTIC!! Chapter 1 is more of a tutorial if you didn't play the 1st game but for those who did it's all very familiar. Chapter 2 gets you right into the meat & potatoes of the game. The puzzles are not frustratingly difficult but certainly challenging. One WONDERFUL aspect of the game...anything you need to read is easy to understand & easy to see (for those of us with less than good vision) The graphics are STELLAR!! An A+++ in these early stages.

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/04/20 09:46 PM

Thank you Scotty for your input, between You and Uncle Reg, plus other positive reviews from the Steam group and other reviews throughout the Web, I just bought the games on Steam, I am not a Steam fan but I am anxious to play good Puzzle games and Bonus "Mouse Control, regardless of having to fiddle around", .... Ah now to enjoy the games with a cup of java.
I will finish the 2 first The Room games I bought earlier, although I might play The room 1 and then Davinci 1 and the back to The Room 2 and so on. Did not buy The Room 3, too many negatives on that one.
Did anybody play The Room 3, what are you opinions on this one?

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/04/20 10:12 PM

Sounds good SCOTTY. Have fun Starcom!

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/05/20 03:26 AM

Starcom...I did play Room3 & though I wont go as far as to say it was a bad game, it was not, but it was my least favorite of the three. It was average at best. It started out fine but it just didn't have the same flair as 1 & 2. If you like puzzle games as much as I. you will love THOD2.

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/05/20 04:11 AM

Thank you oldbroad and thanks Scotty for the feedback, good to know, maybe when it comes on sale for $3 or less then maybe I will snag it. Looking forward to playing the other games, but I have to pace myself, do not want to finish them off to quick.

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/05/20 01:43 PM

Starcom, I played Room 1,2 and 3. I enjoyed them all.
In my case, my least favorite one was Room 2.
Hard to go wrong with any Room game.

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/06/20 01:04 AM

Thanks for your feedback Jeanne, I just finished off Room 1, great.. If you have time, what was it that you did not like in 2 and what was it in 3 that you liked better.

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/06/20 01:34 PM

It has been quite awhile, but I found "fiddling" with controls to advance to another game section tedious in Room 2.
The game world in Room 3 was much bigger. I found it a more "clever" game. So clever that I had to enlist a WT to
finish it. Ha!

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/10/20 02:39 AM

Thanks for your feedback Jeanne, I just finished Room 2 and I was not impressed, it was a good game , But, a Big but, I did not like the Bright white flashing screens and the occasional Red flashing screens, this really was hard on the eyes. It was bad enough that the 1st 2 or 3 Chapters were played in the Dark and then to be Hit with these flashing screens, not good. So, yes, I did enjoy Room 1 more, might buy Room 3 soon.

By the way I also finished THOD 1, Great game.............. Maybe playing Room 1 and THOD 1 before playing Room 2 spoiled it a bit, but just a bit.

Yeah I know, I am finishing off these games pretty quick, but what the heck, it is only now that they started to relax the COVID 19 restrictions a bit here in my area, so what is one supposed to do? Work outside, Nah!

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/23/20 03:55 AM

Just finished THOD 2, great game, great puzzles, good story, graphics very good, I might say that I enjoyed THOD 1 just a TAD more but maybe it has to do with playing the 2 games close together, the next I replay the 2 games I will make sure to put much more time playing 1 and then playing 2.
I just hope when or if they come out with #3 that they have the same Minimum Computer requirements, because if the *Minimum is bumped to Video Card needs to be 2 GB, well I will have to wait and wait until..... I really want to play #3 if and when it comes out.

* I will be a bit optimistic about the Minimum specs for 3 since they did not change from game #1 to game #2 and Why change it? The graphics are fantastic as is, why ruin a masterpiece.

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/23/20 12:36 PM

Thanks for your thoughts, Starcom. I can't wait to find the time to play!

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/27/20 03:08 AM

THOD2 Graphics A+
Puzzles A+
Gameplay A+
Story B+
All in all I thought it was a wonderful puzzle adventure Very solid. Now the ending. Well I must say I NEVER expected it to end the way it did. Disappointed??? I'm not sure? It certainly seems that it's set up for a THOD3. If so, then NO!! If this is the end, GREATLY DISAPPOINTED frown
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 06/27/20 10:02 AM

The first House of DaVinci is on sale with 80% off with Steam at the moment. Bargain!!

Re: The House of DaVinci 2 For PC Now Available - 12/02/21 04:34 AM

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned, The House of Da Vinci 1 and 2 are also available on GOG, there is a 25% off sale on both of them or a bundle price.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community