GB HOMEPAGE

Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/13/20 12:10 AM

Asylum opens its door in humongous demo!

Steam link: Lock Me in!

BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA — June 12, 2020. As if the year couldn’t get more unpredictable, Senscape announces that supernatural horror adventure ASYLUM is debuting a time-limited demo on June 16-22 at the Steam Game Festival. Featuring up to 2-hours of gameplay, players will be able to experience the first moments of this highly anticipated game in its final form.

ASYLUM is a first-person adventure developed by a small and dedicated team with a style reminiscent of early 80s grindhouse videos. It draws inspiration from H. P. Lovecraft's atmospheric stories, the memorable Hammer Films gothic series, as well as twisted Euro Horror from the likes of Lucio Fulci. As players traverse the halls of the massive, decaying Hanwell Mental Institute, they will unravel a mind-bending story and solve puzzles taxing their wits and intuition rather than quick reflexes. Over 10 years in the making and featuring 15 hours of gameplay, ASYLUM is an epic love letter to the point-and-click genre and the spiritual successor to beloved cult classic Scratches.

“Rumors of our deaths have not been exaggerated,” said director Agustín Cordes. “We have in fact become zombies during the production of this game”. “I hope this was worth it,” said lead artist Pablo Forsolloza. “It’s nothing short of a miracle this game exists,” said lead programmer Agustín Delger. “Please get us out of here,” said newcomers to the team Tais and Rocío Sztrum. “Nobody expects the ASYLUM demo!” said the Spanish Inquisition.

ASYLUM was funded on Kickstarter in the most successful crowdfunding campaign ever in Argentina, surpassing its goal of $100,666. More recently, it became the recipient of an Epic MegaGrant. Its unique approach to storytelling and presentation was put to the test in the free adventure game Serena, which has reached 1 million downloads and received over 6000 positive reviews.

ASYLUM is coming soon on PC, Mac and Linux. For real this time.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/13/20 12:16 AM

Very good news, Ana. Thank you. wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/13/20 12:33 AM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: revco

Re: Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/13/20 12:54 AM

Praise the lord. smile
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/13/20 03:03 AM

I am so excited!
Posted By: connie

Re: Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/13/20 06:33 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/13/20 07:14 PM

Wonderful!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/14/20 11:02 AM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre.

Looking forward to this game. It's been rather a long wait.

Just hoping there won't be an even longer wait for a non-Steam version yes
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/14/20 06:13 PM

Mad - GOG has had it listed on their site for awhile so I'm assuming it will show up there and have it wishlisted there.

Re: Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/16/20 05:28 PM

Demo is up on steam. smile

Re: Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/19/20 07:29 PM

The demo is now up on GOG. The website says that it will be available until June 26th.

You can find it here.

Re: Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/20/20 01:27 AM

Thanks, Marian!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Asylum Demo Coming to Steam Games Festival - 06/20/20 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Marian
The demo is now up on GOG. The website says that it will be available until June 26th.

You can find it here.

Thank you, Marian grin
Posted By: dianne

Aslyum demo - 07/08/20 11:23 PM

has anyone tired it out i did but i think its just not a game for me idid back it just to help out but maybe i shouldnt have time will tell dianne

Re: Aslyum demo - 07/08/20 11:39 PM

I played it. It's fun and a little of what I was expecting. You should give it a go...

Re: Aslyum demo - 07/08/20 11:56 PM

It sounds to me like dianne already tried the demo and didn't find it all that interesting.

Re: Aslyum demo - 07/09/20 12:05 PM

dianne, I played the last demo that was released and didn't bother with this one. I backed it on Kickstarter but to be honest I didn't care for the direction it took. I really liked parts of Scratches but this one isn't grabbing me.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community