GB HOMEPAGE

Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/12/20 02:06 AM

A new childhood classic has arrived! Blast-from-the-past side-scrolling adventure Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town modernizes the point-and-click genre today.
Pirate-themed tribute to monkey island series discounted for one week after launch on Steam and GoG.

Check out the trailer here.

Milan, Italy, August 11, 2020 — Developer imaginarylab, a studio dedicated to raising the bar in interactive storytelling, and VLG, a forward-thinking Italian publisher committed to offering authentic narrative-driven entertainment, have announced that their point-and-click side-scrolling adventure game with a modern twist, Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town, is now available on Steam and GOG for $19.99. In celebration of its launch, the game will be discounted 15% for an entire week after release.

“Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town hearkens back to the days we played point-and-click classics like Day of the Tentacle and the Monkey Island series way past our bedtime,” says Daniele Falcone, General Manager at VLG. “Old school fans can finally experience this beloved genre with contemporary mechanics and introduce their kids to a type of game we don’t see enough of today.”

Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town offers a modern take on point-and-click adventure games by having players collect clues and solve puzzles in a computerized 3D pirate world. As Willy uncovers details regarding his father’s mysterious disappearance, fans of all ages are able to enjoy hilarious dialogue, whimsical characters and charming cartoon graphics. People who grew up with the genre can appreciate easter eggs that reference iconic titles they grew up during the good old days.

Key Features:
Non-linear gameplay – Explore without constraint, collect items and solve stimulating puzzles.
Unique graphic style – A fantastical world with a magical atmosphere.
Full HD quality – Cinematographic cutscenes and over 50 locations to see.
A pirate world with a modern twist – Pirates and computers? Why not?!
15 NPCs to interact with – Learn about the story through several hours of interactive dialogues packed with irony and easter eggs.
Original soundtrack – More than two hours of original music.
Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town is now available on Steam and GOG for $19.99. In celebration of its launch, the game will be discounted 15% for one whole week after release. For more information, please visit the title’s Steam page and GOG page.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: revco

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/12/20 02:35 AM

I've been playing today. Great game so far.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/12/20 02:43 AM

Good to hear, revco. smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/12/20 03:28 AM

I already bought this game also at 22% discount. Glad to hear you think it's great so far!

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/12/20 12:01 PM

Thanks for letting us know, revco! I love the art style.

Ana wave
Posted By: connie

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/12/20 12:16 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/12/20 09:17 PM

Thanks for the notice, BrownEyedTigre smile Have been to GOG and bought it grin

[Never asked about the "save" system though - so am hoping it's a "save at will" one crazy]

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/15/20 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mad
Thanks for the notice, BrownEyedTigre smile Have been to GOG and bought it grin

[Never asked about the "save" system though - so am hoping it's a "save at will" one crazy]

You can save at anytime. smile
Posted By: KatieB

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/16/20 02:27 PM

A review I read commented on the helpful hint system. I'm an hour into the game and can find no evidence of a hint system. The puzzles are pretty easy, but I'd still like to know if I am missing something...? Great graphics.

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/16/20 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by KatieB
A review I read commented on the helpful hint system. I'm an hour into the game and can find no evidence of a hint system. The puzzles are pretty easy, but I'd still like to know if I am missing something...? Great graphics.

I know of no in game hint system. The developer has made no such claim and viewing the discussions on Steam I see no reference to one.

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/16/20 03:52 PM

From a review of the game on Steam:
"This is a delightful game. Willy Morgan is fair to the player; no walk through is needed for experienced players, and it will make a great game for new players due to an optional help feature."

Although I have to agree, I don't think there is a help feature. Unless he is referring to hitting the space bar to show the hotspots.

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/16/20 10:00 PM

Thanks for that info, revco. Very welcome news indeed !! dance

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/17/20 01:44 AM

Regarding getting through the game, hitting the space bar to show the hotpots and the dialogue are the ways to continue on. smile

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/17/20 10:09 PM

Just finished the game. I found it to be a lot of fun with its "tip of the cap" to its point and click predecessors. Although I got caught up a couple of head-scratching times, basically I was able to figure most puzzles out myself. The graphics were particularly well done. Highly recommend!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/17/20 10:38 PM

Thanks for your input KatieB!

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/18/20 01:00 AM

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, Katie!

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/18/20 08:12 PM

This is the game I intend to start next smile

The "walking" action of Willy is SO like that of George in the original Broken Sword games !! Love it !! lol

EDIT :

And after playing a chunk of the game I will say that not only do I love that distinctive walk, I love the whole game thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: lynthorpe

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/21/20 08:36 AM

Great little game. It has restored my faith in the genre.

Re: Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Now Available - 08/21/20 12:23 PM

Happy to hear that, Lynthorpe!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community