GB HOMEPAGE

Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/09/20 12:57 PM

If you are a Kickstarter backer, you should have received the announcement, if not here is the update.

Check out scene video one and two.

Alpha testing in progress: Beta in the works.

Yes, it's true! We are FINALLY here. We have converted all assets, rendered all of the remaining environments in HD, and wrapped the live video shoot. The team is engaged in rigorous internal testing while we work toward a releasable beta build. If your pledge was eligible for early access beta builds, you will be receiving notice when the beta build is ready for limited release.

Our current challenge is whittling down the mobile build to an acceptable download size without compromising the quality or quantity of this epic adventure. As you already know, ROTS is huge, and we are making every effort to keep the highest quality and quantity of adventure possible.

And we are finishing up the last touches of the in-game hint guide: Book of the Dead Ends™. The interface is very intuitive with each area providing an overhead view with relevant "hot spots" for hint gathering or full-blown solutions, if you wish.

Never Before Scene
Because Riddle of the Sphinx: The Awakening is an HD extended director's cut edition, you will be experiencing a few new scenes, puzzle enhancements, extended gameplay and exploration, and more.

Two such areas are an underground river and this sun-streaming serene cavern that the ancients put in place to... oops, almost gave it away. wink These screen captures give you a glimpse into the environmental effects employed in this enhanced edition.
Enjoy!

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: connie

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/09/20 03:13 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/09/20 03:18 PM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/09/20 03:33 PM

Thanks, Ana! wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/09/20 05:28 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile

I AM a backer but haven't received this update headscratch
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/09/20 06:52 PM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/09/20 09:08 PM

I get confused with this effort...is this the re-make of the original or the new game entirely?

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/09/20 11:11 PM

Greyfuss, it is an HD remake of the original with extra scenes. smile

You can read what they are doing here.

Ana wave

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/10/20 12:05 AM

Thanks Sheriff

Maybe I am just have my common senior moments but wasn't there talk of a whole new game too or am I confusing this with another game?

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/10/20 01:53 AM

It was always a remake that I know of, I announced it here.
Ana wave

Posted By: dianne

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/10/20 02:07 AM

thought that i had played the orginal riddle of the sphinks but here it was the omega stone so this is all new and exciting to me well worth it glad i had backed it . pumpkin

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/10/20 02:57 AM

It must be me then...now I am battling to remember what the little men in my head are saying to me. Could what I am thinking about being a new game or sequel for Morpheus??? Does that ring someone else bell?

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/10/20 03:02 AM

There is a Morpheus Remake in the works but not a new one.
There is a new Schizm coming. Could that be it?

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/10/20 06:18 AM

It wasn't Schizm, something older...wonder if it was the 11th Hour.....ACK....the voices in my head....make them Stop!!! smirk
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/10/20 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by GreyFuss
It wasn't Schizm, something older...wonder if it was the 11th Hour.....ACK....the voices in my head....make them Stop!!! smirk

Are you thinking of The 13th Doll?
That was/is a fan game, not a remake or anything to do with the original developers of 7th Guest or 11th Hour.
https://the13thdoll.com/
It's also completed and available for purchase, though I had tech issues with it and it wouldn't get me past a black screen at the start of the game. I think it didn't like Windows 7 and wanted 10, despite that the requirements listed Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 as all being compatible. It wanted me to install some mystery meat software for Win7 compatibility so I couldn't just install the game and go. Apparently the software worked for some people's Windows 7 computers, but it didn't for mine.

https://www.gog.com/game/the_13th_doll_a_fan_game_of_the_7th_guest
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1107230/The_13th_Doll_A_Fan_Game_of_The_7th_Guest/

You can find links for the Morpheus remake (not really a remake so much as some HD graphics) at Gameboomers' "Upcoming Adventure Games Release" webpage
https://www.gameboomers.com/Adventureinformation.htm

I agree that there are too many "remakes" and similar out and it is confusing what is actually "new" (or at least unplayed) or not. There was another Kickstarter for a Riddle of the Sphinx "remake," and I donated to that one only to have it cancelled or something. I tend to like the original games from the 1990's rather than the "remakes." The original games work better and controls are more logical. And I like everything you need for the game to be in the game box. It's so much easier to have a paper manual than to have to click around all over looking for a manual on the computer. That's one advantage of Nintendo DS games like Professor Layton series -- they're about as close as you can get to how games were sold in the 1990's, with the game cartridge included in a little snap case with a paper manual. The puzzles are not super hard and are fun. The biggest problem is the small, grainy low resolution screen on the DS.

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/10/20 09:51 PM

Thank you Jenny smile

It may have been the 13th Doll, I am not sure. The Poisoned Pawn (remake of Overseer) is one I am anxiously waiting for.
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 10/11/20 02:15 AM

Thanks, Ana!
Posted By: dianne

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 01/23/21 05:02 AM

made it to steam and its all ready to go got a e e mail from to confirm my address so excited to start this wonderful adventer through the prymids. Dianne rah

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 01/23/21 05:22 AM

We will officially announce the release when it is available to the public on Feb 1st. I got an email on it last week.
Enjoy when you get it!

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 01/23/21 06:06 AM

woot Have fun Dianne!

Looking forward to the announcement Ana!

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 01/23/21 05:47 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre.
I paid "extra" for this project and am very much looking forward to my copy bravo
Posted By: lakerz

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 01/25/21 02:48 AM

Excellent! Great news this remake is almost ready for prime time. I tried to get the original one to play several years back on my Win7 PC but ran into too many technical problems
Posted By: colpet

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 01/25/21 11:38 AM

I'm anxiously awaiting my crate of goodies too.
Posted By: revco

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 01/25/21 10:52 PM

Thanks for this...I placed in order for the $35.00 package. smile
Posted By: mbday630

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 01/25/21 11:39 PM

I used to own this game and if I remember correctly, it was first person and made me terribly dizzy. Am I remembering correctly? Will this be first person or third person?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 01/28/21 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by mbday630
I used to own this game and if I remember correctly, it was first person and made me terribly dizzy. Am I remembering correctly?

Maybe you're thinking of Riddle of the Sphinx 2: The Omega Stone. The first Riddle of the Sphinx was snapshot style. It was The Omega Stone that spun you around.

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 01/31/21 09:16 PM

I need to get this game wish-listed at GOG as right at the Kickstarter beginnings for it, I pledged a very goodly amount for the DRM Free version - but apparently, although GOG has not turned it down, they haven't yet agreed to take it on, either. So for now it will only be released via Steam.

But I've forgotten how to get a game on their Wish List blush

[When I go to my account and select wish-list, I am just told my wish-list is empty !!]

help

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 01/31/21 10:05 PM

Maybe under "community" at the top of your screen. There is then a tab for "community wishlist".

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 02/01/21 02:53 PM

The game is releasing in a few hours. Please use the new thread here.

Ana wave

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 02/01/21 06:42 PM

Can I please just thank oldbroad - in case you close this thread ??

thanks oldbroad !!

Re: Riddle of the Sphinx: Awakening Update - 02/01/21 08:52 PM

You're welcome Mad and good luck!

See you in the new Announcement Thread!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community