GB HOMEPAGE

Discworld Noir

Posted By: Winfrey

Discworld Noir - 11/24/20 09:54 PM

I've been playing some old games lately and this was one I just finished. Great writing... good story line.... chapter 3 caught me by surprise.. :-)
Boy I am either getting old or this was a hard game.. that too caught me by surprise. Sure was fun. I usually don't like a lot of conversation in a game but I got to say they sure had good writers.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Discworld Noir - 11/24/20 10:06 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience with this game Winfrey! Glad you enjoyed it! I do not have any of the Discworld games.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Discworld Noir - 11/24/20 10:25 PM

Discworld Noir was one of my favorites. Glad you enjoyed it!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Discworld Noir - 11/25/20 08:17 PM

Mine, too !!

I've replayed it several times 👍
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Discworld Noir - 11/27/20 11:15 PM

I have never played this game and Im not sure how i would even find it for windows 10.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Discworld Noir - 11/28/20 12:18 AM

Many of these old games run quite well on Windows 10. Sometimes GOG has them tweaked to run on new systems too.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Discworld Noir - 11/28/20 01:40 AM

I have Discworld Noir running on my Windows 7 computer and the other two Discworlds run great in DOSBox. I think the first two games are also supported by ScummVM.

They were all really good games. I don't think we will be seeing them on GOG anytime soon because they would have to get the permission of Terry Pratchett's estate or whoever has the rights to the Discworld name - and this seems an unlikely occurrence. We can always hope, though.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Discworld Noir - 11/28/20 02:45 AM

I played on my win 10,, found a patch for it.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Discworld Noir - 11/28/20 03:04 AM

That's great news, Winfrey. thumbsup

Re: Discworld Noir - 11/28/20 03:08 AM

Sony swallowed Psygnosis - the publishers of the Discworld games - and I spoke to one of their UK staff at the time.
I was bluntly told no future releases were planned.

And two weeks later Psygnosis was gone 👎

So I always thought Sony held the rights to the actual games ??
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Discworld Noir - 11/28/20 04:28 AM

All Video Classic Games sells them but they are quite expensive.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Discworld Noir - 11/28/20 04:48 AM

This true classic should be played be everyone. The patch can be found here. It works with the original discs, but the aspect ratio is distorted. This can be fixed by setting the screen resolution to 640 x 480 (or any other non-widescreen aspect ratio) if you have a graphics card that supports maintained aspect ratio.

Re: Discworld Noir - 11/28/20 05:12 AM

Thanks, Mikael. Good to know 😑
© 2024 GameBoomers Community