GB HOMEPAGE

Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/08/20 03:17 AM

Holy mother of pearl at a pep rally with bone spurs and a cardboard cutout of the Pope! Sam & Max Save the World Remastered is out now on Steam, GOG, and the Nintendo eShop!

The award-winning first season of Telltale's episodic Sam & Max games has been remastered by a small team of the original developers who acquired the rights after Telltale shut down in 2018. The remaster sells for USD $19.99 (or the equivalent in local currency) and includes English voices and subtitles in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Hungarian, Czech, and Russian.

The game is available on GoG and Steam.

Check out the trailer here.

Sam is a six-foot canine detective with a love of justice. Max is a hyperkinetic rabbity-thing with a taste for mayhem. Together, they're the Freelance Police. And they're about to save the world.
Good to have you back, little buddy!
In 2006, the comic book crime-fighting duo Sam & Max starred in the first full-fledged episodic game from Telltale, the studio that went on to make The Walking Dead and Batman: The Enemy Within.

Now everyone's favorite dog and rabbity-thing are back in Sam & Max Save the World Remastered, a new version of their first season of episodic games that has been lovingly updated by a small group of the original developers with the blessing of Sam & Max creator Steve Purcell.

Return to the adventure game that was once called "gaming's first sitcom" and is today known as "the remaster you didn't know you were waiting for." With enhanced graphics, new widescreen and gamepad support, five new musical tracks, and the same brain-tickling puzzles and offbeat humor that won it IGN's Best Adventure GOTY award back in the day, Sam & Max Save the World Remastered is a modern classic that you'll love to play—or play again.
Now, let's go save the world...
It's just another day at the office for the self-proclaimed Freelance Police when the Commissioner calls in with a disturbing report: former child stars are running amok in the street! What starts as an open-and-shut case of idiotic vandalism balloons into an all-out conspiracy as Sam and Max encounter one miscreant after another who have been mysteriously hypnotized. (You can tell from the "spinny thing" they do with their eyes.)

Who's the source of this malfeasance, and what is their dastardly plan? Cracking this case will require Sam's nose for detective work, Max's lack of conscience, an assortment of inventory items, and a little help from neighbors Sybil Pandemik, Bosco, and Jimmy Two-Teeth. From Sam & Max's street to the White House lawn, inside the internet, and all the way to the moon, this baffling mystery gets weirder and funnier as it unfolds.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/08/20 04:03 AM

Thanks for that news, BrownEyedTigre grin
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/08/20 05:57 AM

Thanks Ana! I saw this a few days back and thought about you. Seems like I remember you saying you liked the Sam and Max games. (I did too.)
Posted By: connie

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/08/20 11:55 AM

Thanks Ana.

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/08/20 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
Thanks Ana! I saw this a few days back and thought about you. Seems like I remember you saying you liked the Sam and Max games. (I did too.)

I loved Sam and Max! And yes, I am sadly behind in my updates but I will be caught up by the end of the week! Life has been full of distractions and challenges lately, but I'm hurdling over them!

Unfortunately, the developers that took on this project decided to be more politically correct and deleted the jokes that made Sam and Max funny. I will not be playing a 2020 cleansed version. frown I miss the days when the world had a sense of humor.

Ana wave

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/08/20 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by BrownEyedTigre
Originally Posted by oldbroad

I loved Sam and Max! And yes, I am sadly behind in my updates but I will be caught up by the end of the week! Life has been full of distractions and challenges lately, but I'm hurdling over them!

Unfortunately, the developers that took on this project decided to be more politically correct and deleted the jokes that made Sam and Max funny. I will not be playing a 2020 cleansed version. frown I miss the days when the world had a sense of humor.

Ana wave

Please know that when I said I saw this a few days back, I was not making a crack about a late announcement.

I also miss the days when you did not have to watch every single word you say!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/08/20 09:47 PM

[quote=oldbroad]Unfortunately, the developers that took on this project decided to be more politically correct and deleted the jokes that made Sam and Max funny. I will not be playing a 2020 cleansed version. frown I miss the days when the world had a sense of humor.

Ana wave

Thanks for letting us know about this. I had the original version and GOG was offering me 50% off on the remastered version as a result. I won't be playing this version either.

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/08/20 11:07 PM

Me too Marian. I almost jumped on it but decided to wait and see. I was however, prompted to download the original version to my Win 7 computer. I was going to take a look at it to help me decide but I never got around to doing that.

I also have all the games on disc.

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/09/20 01:00 AM

oldbroad, I didn't think you were criticizing me, I understood. smile And I still say what I want, but I choose my audience wisely. lol

Marian, glad you didn't purchase. I would read the reviews of the original fans like us first for sure!

Ana wave
Posted By: GamingPhreak

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/09/20 05:31 AM

The game I'd like to see remade/remastered is Sam & Max Hit the Road, the 1993 classic. I was surprised they remade Save the World instead, because that game isn't that old. All the classic LucasArts games that have been remade so far have been nineties' games -- Day of the Tentacles, Full Throttle, etc. So Hit the Road should be remade instead.
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/13/20 03:04 AM

I would read the reviews of the original fans like us first for sure!

Well, there is my review smile But it is in Russian: https://itc.ua/articles/sam-max-save-the-world-bezumnye-priklyucheniya-volnoj-policzii/
I liked the remastered version a lot - and did not notice any serious differences from the original. Except the new looks and ways to control, of course, - and one item in the first chapter has been relocated to be easier to take.

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/13/20 04:16 AM

Thanks Iurii! Great read!

Ana wave

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available - 12/13/20 05:42 AM

Thanks for your input Iurii!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community