GB HOMEPAGE

Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/01/21 02:34 PM

We are starting out 2021 on a wonderful high note! Quarantine Diary is now available! We will have flotsams review up shortly as well! Happy New Year!

You can purchase from the developers website here.

Alvin is a 16-year-old loner with a passion for skateboarding. He lives with his mother, who is a stickler for Covid-19 safety procedures. In order to pursue his favorite pastime, Alvin sneaks out at dawn, while his mother works nights. However, when he doesn't come home one day, his mother finds herself with a lot more than the coronavirus to worry about.

Carol is called on to solve this mystery amidst the height of the pandemic, with all the limitations and challenges it entails.

Happy Gaming!!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/01/21 02:38 PM

Thanks, Ana! It's a great way to start off the new year. joy
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/01/21 04:38 PM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: connie

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/01/21 05:54 PM

Thanks Ana, bought it. yay12
Posted By: connie

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/01/21 05:55 PM

Bought it Mikael. yay12
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/01/21 06:06 PM

Great! Thanks, Ana and Mikael! Happy New Year!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/01/21 08:08 PM

Downloading now though I'm torn about playing it right now. I think I'm going to purchase a new monitor and would like to have Quarantine Diary be my first adventure game played with it.

Thanks Ana and Thank You Mikael! newyear
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/01/21 09:05 PM

Oldbroad - before you buy a new monitor, you might already have one. I have a large TV, so I have re-purposed my older 40-inch smart tv as a monitor. Love it! There's nothing to do; just plug your computer in via a hdmi cable.

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/01/21 11:31 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Tally Ho but that won't work for me for a few reasons.
Posted By: blackbird

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/01/21 11:41 PM

Bought it wave2
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/02/21 03:19 AM

Tally Ho: And I thought that my 32-inch monitor was big smile But it largely depends on the distance between you and the monitor I guess.
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/03/21 11:07 AM

Bought it, have them all so far. I may be weird but part of my enjoyment of these games is seeing the way other people live! Everyone is quite messy...Carol's fridge is very full for one person living on their own... does she ever make her bed!! lol work places are quite tidy though....apologies if anyone is offended-I'm just nosy!!
Posted By: salex

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/03/21 11:25 AM

Thanks Ana and Mikael! This is quite exiting..
Posted By: salex

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/03/21 11:30 AM

I was also thinking to buy some of these ultrawide monitors. I would need one for work. 34 inch is quite large against my old 24...by the way, Happy New Year to everyone
Posted By: Mad

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/03/21 02:10 PM

Bought it dance

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/04/21 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Upsydaisy
Bought it, have them all so far. I may be weird but part of my enjoyment of these games is seeing the way other people live! Everyone is quite messy...Carol's fridge is very full for one person living on their own... does she ever make her bed!! lol work places are quite tidy though....apologies if anyone is offended-I'm just nosy!!

I don't think that's weird at all Upsydaisy as I look around at things in the games too and wonder if they are "real" or "just for show in the game". And that wondering is all part of the fun! I will say this though, Carol's bed always looks better than mine and her fridge is not as full as mine. While my brother and I share this house, we live on separate floors and each have our own refrigerators and mine is packed! I don't even have room for an ice cube tray in my freezer and my frozen pizzas stay downstairs in my brother's freezer.

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/11/21 02:40 AM

I finally got to start the game tonight. So far thumbsup!
Posted By: satyafrog

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/11/21 10:16 PM

Hi, every time I go to that link I get a message of too many redirects and it suggests clearing my cookies. I cleared everything and it didn't help. I originally got that error message using the link from the email I received from MDNA. Does anyone have any idea how I can get around this problem? I'm using the current version of Microsoft Edge.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/11/21 10:35 PM

satyafrog, it's been down for all today. I believe our staff member, Chief, has already contacted Mikael.
Posted By: satyafrog

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/11/21 10:43 PM

Ok, thanks, BrownEyedTigre. Glad to know there isn't something weird with my browser. Hope they get it fixed soon, can't wait to play it!

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/12/21 02:55 AM

This was an attempt to redirect to https that went south. It's back to normal now. If someone still has problems accessing the site, refresh the browser (hit F5).

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/12/21 02:57 AM

For some reason, I happened to post the message above twice. I'm able to edit this message, but can't remove it. So please to that, someone who can.
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/12/21 12:45 PM

The hardest part common to all Carol Reed games is getting into an area and being unable to find your way back to the Exit. Perhaps a hotkey to the map would be nice; such as Ctrl-M. Of course, we expect to be frustrated or at least feel stymied in any game, but sometimes it gets to the hair-pulling stage. 😵 The first thing I do upon entering a new area is turn around and see the exit, so I know what it looks like. Still, some of them can be very elusive. That being said, I am enjoying this one.

Yay - Finally after all these outings, we get to hear one of the characters say "Norrköping" - Now I know how to pronounce it! 😎 😁

I agree with Upsydaisy - it's fun to peek into others' way of life. People's rooms are generally what you expect; from an old lady's tidy room, a boy's messy room, a scary criminal guy's place etc. One of the houses we go through in this game, allows us to snoop in several nightstand drawers - and they are universally empty! Kind of creepy actually - like he doesn't really live there. Something to hide. *shudder*

Oh yeh - by the way, I am stuck! Went to the far end underneath the bridge, found the strange device, and now cannot get back.
Posted By: copper

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/12/21 09:34 PM

Tally Ho, I'm glad it's not just me that has this problem.

I've been upstairs at "Home" on my first look around but now, later in the game, I want to go back upstairs & I can't find the stairs, thought it was just me having a seniors "foggy" moment.

A map would be most useful, I would only use it when I get stuck like I am now, finding my way to where I have already been !

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/13/21 12:10 AM

Tally Ho: If I'm understanding you correctly: Look for a wooden pallet at the side where you entered the area. You can climb up back on that. What does the journal say at where you are right now?

Copper: What location are you referring to with "Home"?

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/13/21 02:14 AM

The house where Alvin and his mother live, or "Home" on the map, but I'm just having a "foggy seniors day", I'll figure it out, I had no trouble when I looked around the house before. I have had trouble before in other Carol Reed games, getting lost is all part of the game, but once in a while a map would be nice.

Thanks again for the game (I won), it's great fun.

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/13/21 04:33 AM

Copper: Just enter the house and turn left, and you'll see the stairs.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/13/21 07:10 AM

I, too, can "get lost" in some of the Carol Reed locations - although more usually in places like empty factories or huge buildings and the like.

However, as I have always managed to get lost in real life just as easily blush I am by now totally used to having to puzzle my way out of such predicaments and treat it as part of the adventure !! woozy

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/13/21 11:44 PM

Thanks for the info Mikael, I'm sure I would have found the stairs eventually..................................

Unlike Mad, I don't need to be in a huge space to get lost, I can manage it anywhere, in real life too !

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/18/21 09:32 PM

I am well into the game and am enjoying it, as I do all his games. I am pleased to see Jonas... must say I do like looking at him...

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/19/21 07:19 AM

I spent quite a bit of time with Jonas but it was more for the music. I really like that particular piece of music and am glad it still shows up in the games. yes

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/20/21 08:38 PM

Just finished Quarrantine. I have a question for Mikael. Why at the very end where you show pictures of the characters they all have their eyes closed??
Good game, thanks Mikael.

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 01/21/21 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Winfrey
Just finished Quarrantine. I have a question for Mikael. Why at the very end where you show pictures of the characters they all have their eyes closed??
Good game, thanks Mikael.

I obviously take lots of pictures of people while speaking. It's quite hard go get these pictures right. I always get plenty of snaps when they are blinking. For several games, I've been thinking about using these pictures for something, but when I get that brilliant thought, I've already removed the "out-takes" for one or more characters. Not this time! I have to admit to being doubtful about using this humorous approach due to the ending of the game, though.

Re: Carol Reed Mysteries #16 - Quarantine Diary Now Available - 02/01/21 02:58 AM

I finally finished the game but after being stuck for a week and going over and over all of the available locations several times, and knowing I was very close to the end, I had to use the in game hint. Argh! Wonderful locations, a bit of disappointment in Carol for something she did, and, well, I won't say how I feel about the end because it would be a spoiler.

Thanks again Mikael!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community