GB HOMEPAGE

Kickstarters

Posted By: Mad

Kickstarters - 01/25/21 04:05 PM

So nice to get a positive update on the re-worked "Riddle of the Sphinx" but it did get me to wondering about other projects I backed .... and rather a long time ago at that ....

Oak Island and Asylum are the two I would most like to hear about.

What are other folk waiting to hear about ??
Posted By: Marian

Re: Kickstarters - 01/25/21 04:21 PM

On the Steam Asylum page, it says that the planned release date will be "as soon as we can."

That kind of leaves it wide open. grin

Re: Kickstarters - 01/25/21 04:46 PM

Thanks !!
I couldn't find anything more definite than that (re Asylum) either, Marian frown
Although I won't be getting my version from Steam.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Kickstarters - 01/25/21 05:41 PM

Yes, GOG also has a page up for the game saying "coming soon."

Re: Kickstarters - 01/25/21 06:31 PM

One of those "elastic" soons, it seems !!

But can't find anything about Oak Island rolleyes

The latest I have found was :-

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...sures-are-best-left-buried/posts/3063126

[I couldn't get this to work without pasting the whole address think]
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Kickstarters - 01/26/21 12:08 AM

Mad, in the grand scheme of things, the update for Oak Island In October was quite extensive and thorough in covering what is going on which is more than most. That is considered a very recent update at only 3 months ago.

Asylum also does updates and demos to Backers only and request they not bee shared so I never post them here. I didn't back Oak Island, so I don't get those.

There are much older ones that I have backed that will never see the light of day because they basically stole the money and moved to other things. One "was" a beloved member that no longer posts and I won't give him a moment of press again ever. Sad state of affairs. I don't know how people can take money for something and think it's ok to give nothing in return. frown
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Kickstarters - 01/26/21 04:12 AM

The only ones I'm waiting on are Oak Island and The Corruption Within (which isn't due out yet). I received an email on 12/31 from the Oak Island kickstarter but it was not an update. That October one was the last.

I may have backed that other one that Ana is talking about as I do see an old Kickstarter email regarding it but if I did back it, I never made note that I did, though I don't know why I'd be getting any email. The email doesn't really say anything.

Re: Kickstarters - 01/26/21 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by BrownEyedTigre
Mad, in the grand scheme of things, the update for Oak Island In October was quite extensive and thorough in covering what is going on which is more than most. That is considered a very recent update at only 3 months ago.

Asylum also does updates and demos to Backers only and request they not bee shared so I never post them here. I didn't back Oak Island, so I don't get those.

There are much older ones that I have backed that will never see the light of day because they basically stole the money and moved to other things. One "was" a beloved member that no longer posts and I won't give him a moment of press again ever. Sad state of affairs. I don't know how people can take money for something and think it's ok to give nothing in return. frown

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre.

Weird that Asylum updates are no longer allowed everywhere when so many previous ones were woozy

As for projects that were financed but never delivered ?? I am disgusted !!

[And I back very few developments these days. "Once bitten Twice shy" and all that !!]
Posted By: CaptainD

Re: Kickstarters - 01/30/21 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
The only ones I'm waiting on are Oak Island and The Corruption Within (which isn't due out yet).

I can reassure you that we're making good progress on The Corruption Within smile
We're highly committed to releasing it in June / July this year.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Kickstarters - 01/30/21 09:20 PM

I know CaptainD! smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community