GB HOMEPAGE

Old games

Posted By: judith

Old games - 04/15/21 01:50 AM

Since Covid has limited what we can do, I've started to play some old games. In the past couple of weeks I've played: Mystery of the Druids; Moment of Silence & I just finished Keepsake. I forgot how difficult & sad Keepsake was. Now off to the Last Crown.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Old games - 04/15/21 01:53 AM

That's a great variety of adventure games, judith. I also remember what a difficult game Keepsake was. I really enjoying replaying older games, and am definitely ready for a replay of Lost Crown! Have fun with it. happydance
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Old games - 04/15/21 02:37 AM

All good games judith. Thanks for sharing what you've been playing.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Old games - 04/15/21 04:25 PM

I love replaying old games, Judith, and never fail to be surprised at how much I've forgotten about them, OR, in some cases, how difficult they are lol
Posted By: judith

Re: Old games - 04/15/21 06:47 PM

Maybe it's just me but I always thought there was much more to the story line with the older games & they were a lot longer back then.

Re: Old games - 04/15/21 06:50 PM

I agree that some definitely were !! grin
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Old games - 04/23/21 12:43 AM

I have never played Keepsake (or else I have forgotten that I did!) -
Based on nickie's review perhaps I should.

Re: Old games - 04/23/21 03:01 AM

I found Keepsake difficult - and - IIRC - there was a lot of traipsing about, too, when I constantly got lost eek
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Old games - 04/23/21 03:46 AM

I remember having a hard time with navigating from screen to screen, with a lot of the screens being what I would describe as a kind of an isometric view, which made it hard to tell where you had come from or where you were going. This made it very easy to get lost with all of that traipsing about.

Re: Old games - 04/23/21 04:48 AM

I for sure remember some stairs that gave me trouble, getting to or getting to the right ones or something but I liked the game a lot. And, yes, it is a difficult, but beautiful, game.
Posted By: colpet

Re: Old games - 04/23/21 10:31 AM

I just finished Keepsake as part of a community playthrough at AG. It is a beautiful game and holds up well. I played my original DVD on my new Win10 and it installed without a hitch. There is a patch to download that adds a map to the game. The players who used the Steam game reported some crashes, so if you have the original hard copy, try that.
The game is 3rd person, but the puzzles are played in first. Most of the puzzles are straightforward, logical. There were a few obscure ones, but the hint system is useful. The strength of the game is the huge Academy to explore, scenery to view, and the mystery to unravel of where all the students have gone.

Re: Old games - 04/23/21 06:08 PM

When I replayed the game several years ago I used the Steam version in Windows 7 without issues. I originally played from disc in Win XP. Good to know it should work in my Win 10!
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Old games - 04/24/21 01:07 AM

Thanks Colpet, I do have a hard copy so will try that first.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community